It's official. Cards and K K are one Kliff Kingsbury Cards

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys are high. 60pct passing DJ can line up anywhere and be a weapon he is a RB/WR, why the hell would they trade their best player, dumbest post ever

did u watch johnson last season? he still a good back but overpaid
he is a family man, i dont see the anger in his eyes, sometimes looked lazy catching the ball, i know rosen screen pass sucked and made him a bit upset but come on, 10 mil a year
he will turn 28 this season, if u have a playmaker like Murray then his role wont be so impactful, we can find serviceable running back costing 80% less

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if they draft murray they should do it

Major Cap hit if we either traded or let go of David Johnson.

PRE-6/1 RELEASE
2019 Dead Cap: $24,900,000
2019 Cap Savings: $-15,150,000

PRE-6/1 TRADE

2019 Dead Cap: $9,000,000
2019 Cap Savings: $750,000

POST-6/1 RELEASE

2019 Dead Cap: $18,900,000
2020 Dead Cap: $6,000,000
2019 Cap Savings: $-9,150,000

POST-6/1 TRADE

2019 Dead Cap: $3,000,000
2019 Cap Savings: $6,750,000

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Major Cap hit if we either traded or let go of David Johnson.

PRE-6/1 RELEASE
2019 Dead Cap: $24,900,000
2019 Cap Savings: $-15,150,000

PRE-6/1 TRADE

2019 Dead Cap: $9,000,000
2019 Cap Savings: $750,000

POST-6/1 RELEASE

2019 Dead Cap: $18,900,000
2019 Cap Savings: $-9,150,000

POST-6/1 TRADE

2019 Dead Cap: $3,000,000
2019 Cap Savings: $6,750,000

great contract by keim......

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
he is a family man, i dont see the anger in his eyes, sometimes looked lazy catching the ball, i know rosen screen pass sucked and made him a bit upset but come on, 10 mil a year
he will turn 28 this season, if u have a playmaker like Murray then his role wont be so impactful, we can find serviceable running back costing 80% less

I'm going to disagree with you here juza.

I think Murray will help get DJ back to 2016 Form, and DJ can help maximize Murray's play making ability. They will compliment each other really, really well.

If Murray can extend plays once or twice a game, and get the ball to Johnson in a broken field, it's going to be trouble for opposing defenses. Like "Touchdown Cardinals" trouble.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Murray will help get DJ back to 2016 Form, and DJ can help maximize Murray's play making ability. They will compliment each other really, really well.

If Murray can extend plays once or twice a game, and get the ball to Johnson in a broken field, it's going to be trouble for opposing defenses. Like "Touchdown Cardinals" trouble.

hopefully johnson will be back next season performing like he did in 2016
just questioning high contracts to running backs and the fact he looked a bit lazy last season, i think he didnt play at 100%

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray has a way of making everyone on the offense look better.
The O line will look 100 x's better...as D lineman learn quickly if you just rush Murray and leave a hole ...he's gonna run for 7 in that hole.
The WR's are better off as the LB's MUST put a spy on Murray and leave an area open....and if you got a half decent TE...it's 6 yards a pop.
Murray is one heck of a weapon and there's a reason he was 47-0 in the highest level of high school football in Texas with 3 Championships and had the highest QB rating EVER by ANY QB who's ever played college football. The facts speak for themselves. The dude is more than a player, he's a once in a generation QB.
If you thought missing out on Suggs was bad, try passing on Murray.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Hahahahhaha he was ran up the middle by a moron over and over, with stacked lines and forgetten in the passing game. The Cardinals weakest spot is WR, DJ will be used as a weapon in the air raid. If the team passes 60pct of the time, DJ will line up all over. With a QB in Murray, the running game will open up. DJ is exactly what the Cards need and they have limited passing Weapons. You don't trade one the best pass catching RBs, in the Air-raid offense, that's laughable. Your thinking of DJ as strictly a RB, he can easily be Leveon Bell for the Cards. DJ had a decent year with the complete idiots using him wrong. He's about to explode this year with Murray, he also is a great pass blocker as well, people forget how much he helps in that area as well.

*Side note target DJ in fantasy especially PPR, he's going to have alot of production this year. Having a mobile QB in the Air Raid offense, Kingsbury slangs the rock to his RB often, his Receiving stats are going to be great.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my god. Everybody on last years offense should be shipped to the cfl if we’re going by last years performance. DJ is the LEAST of our problems.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh my god. Everybody on last years offense should be shipped to the cfl if we’re going by last years performance. DJ is the LEAST of our problems.

but i didnt say he is a problem, is the best weapon we have, i made some critics about the contract he got and the fact he didnt play his best last season, and i didnt see him playing full effort

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but i didnt say he is a problem, is the best weapon we have, i made some critics about the contract he got and the fact he didnt play his best last season, and i didnt see him playing full effort
If that’s the way you see it okay. But a rb plowing into a stacked line over and over again can look pretty inept.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah.. I think right now would be the worst time to think about getting rid of a David Johnson. He is more the guy I'd want to see under a new staff that can utilize his talents better. You can still line the guy up anywhere on the field and can still be dangerous in open space..this offense will allow for more of that. Imo.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I'm shocked that there are Cards fans who want to trade DJ. Someone even stating that DJ being a family person is a bad thing for his play on the field. Lol!

DJ used creatively in the passing game, and Kyler Murray opening up rushing lanes, will be a blessing to watch after last season's nightmare!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
hopefully johnson will be back next season performing like he did in 2016
just questioning high contracts to running backs and the fact he looked a bit lazy last season, i think he didnt play at 100%

Agree, I meant to also say juza, that you do have a good point about conserving cap space at the RB position, and that it's not that hard to find "good" or even "very good" RBs in rounds three, four, even five of the draft. Smart thinking sir.

I guess the Cardinals we're faced with a tough choice with DJ, and decided to go ahead and pay him, with the idea that he's a really, really special talent.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kliff cleans up well at the Derby

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss‏Verified account @joshweinfuss 2m2 minutes ago
Looks like Kliff Kingsbury is still catching some flak for being at the Derby with Brady and Co. because he's a head coach. But what's being missed is Titans coach Mike Vrabel was hanging out with the group, too.

A whole bunch of QB's who had backed up Brady over the years were also in attendance, including Kingsbury who rode the bench/injured list to a Super Bowl ring with the Pats in 2003/2004.