Who trades for Rosen?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Teams just aren't going to give up a 1st for him at this point. Like I said, if Flacco's only worth a 4th I don't see how Rosen garners much more.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe we'll get a ham sandwich too. . . hard to believe no one wants him that bad?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Maybe we'll get a ham sandwich too. . . hard to believe no one wants him that bad?
No...the entire league knows Cards in a significant place of weakness. The Cards are playing chekers, while...you know the rest.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He super sucked last year. 3 games with a sub 4 QBR is hard to overcome.

I was still hoping someone would take a guy who is tall and can take hits

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I encountered some resistance with the idea that Rosen was extraordinarily ordinary but the NFL apparently agrees

or NO ONE was buying the "smoke-screen" Miller Keim put out there and waited for him to back his ass into a corner, no-win situation with two QBs on the roster and can now roast him like the stuck pig his ass is and has been for three years.

Or... it's a combo of what you and I wrote. Which is probably closer to the truth.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Might as well keep him. He’s an ideal backup. With that contract and a year experience the entire league said...meh.
Who knows, maybe Rosen is going to be a hall of famer. Keep him instead of giving him away.
Problem is they signed Hundley. Doubt they keep 3 QB's.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If we don't get a early, maybe mid 2nd round it really doesn't make sense. Contract is too cheap to move him for less.

Doesn't help that Murray essentially told Rosen tough ***** instead of being gracious about the situation with the idea of keeping Josh if we can't get any real value for him.
What did Murray say to Rosen???

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Heisman Trophy winner will figure to be a major offensive weapon for the struggling Cardinals, who went 3-13 last season.It's unclear what the team plans to do with its former first round pick, quarterback Josh Rosen. Less than one year ago, the Cards traded up to draft the UCLA product with the 10th overall pick of the 2018 draft. After the selection the team tweeted a quote from head coach Kliff Kingsbury that simply said, "Josh is our guy."

I think Bidwill, Keim and KK have all lost their minds.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/2019-nfl-draft-round-one-recap/

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
The Heisman Trophy winner will figure to be a major offensive weapon for the struggling Cardinals, who went 3-13 last season.It's unclear what the team plans to do with its former first round pick, quarterback Josh Rosen. Less than one year ago, the Cards traded up to draft the UCLA product with the 10th overall pick of the 2018 draft. After the selection the team tweeted a quote from head coach Kliff Kingsbury that simply said, "Josh is our guy."

Wow.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Makes no sense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think this is a reflection of Rosen as much as it is the Cardinals and their poor handling of the situation.
The perception of josh has to play into this somewhat. If any qb needy teams thought josh was a better prospect than jones, Haskins, and whatever other dreck might’ve been drafted they wouldn’t care about the one less year on the contract and they would’ve traded for him. They don’t pass in a guy they think is a better qb prospect. That’s just idiocy. This is absolutely an indictment of josh’s ability - at least on the part of an needy teams (cards included).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last desperate attempt. Rosen and a 3rd for their #32. We could then trade our 33 for additional picks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His contract has nothing to do with what the Cardinals were demanding in a trade. Cardinals wanted to recoup as much as they could for what they spent on getting him and teams showed them just how crazy they were.
Right, by literally preferring jones and Haskins.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
The perception of josh has to play into this somewhat. If any qb needy teams thought josh was a better prospect than jones, Haskins, and whatever other dreck might’ve been drafted they wouldn’t care about the one less year on the contract and they would’ve traded for him. They don’t pass in a guy they think is a better qb prospect. That’s just idiocy. This is absolutely an indictment of josh’s ability - at least on the part of an needy teams (cards included).
I don't think so. If it was during the draft, I'd agree. But NFL teams aren't going to fork out a high draft pick to a team that has no leverage. On principle, if nothing else. The Cards simply misplayed the whole situation. It is rare for a 1st year QB to be available so it's just an unusual situation. Add to that, Rosen's OC isn't even employed so there is no real connection out there for Rosen.

Other teams are smart and will get him cheap or they will let the Cardinals just be stuck with him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard