Who trades for Rosen?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well - let’s see who outplays who - if we can’t get what we think he’s worth - then keep him - if josh don’t outplay Haskins then we just stack the wrongs in a pile and poop on it.

I really don’t think Josh Rosen is scared to compete with Kyler Murray - May the best man start.

Keims NFLN interview said just that - and mentioned attrition - because players get hurt - like Rosen was the reason we could take a risk on Murray - if he gets hurt we still have a QB

An NFL team could have worse problems than two young, highly rated QB's competing for a starting job. QB is so important. Eagles had Wentz and superbowl mvp Foles.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
But it’s not “giving up picks”. It would have been:

Trading jones at 5 years for more $ for Rosen at 4 years and less $. That’s what the trade would have been for the giants. They didn’t do the deal. Does that extra year make a difference? Sure. Enough of a difference to take what they think is a lesser talent at QB? Cmon.

How many teams that needed a QB passed on using a first on him? Last year it was five; Cleveland, NYG, NYJ, DEN, BUF... This year; NYG (took Jones #6 over trading #17 for Rosen), Bengals, Dolphins, Broncos (twice), Redskins, Chargers? Drew Lock will probably go before the pick Josh gets traded for at this point.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals fleece the Chargers out of a 4th round pick.

Finally flush the toilet of the turd.

(My troll game is strong tonight :p )

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw the Keim interview also. What an idiot. His job is to make sure we have depth at the position. Oh ok. Nobody is falling for your crap you meathead. If the Cardinals had competent ownership Keim would be long gone. Bidwill is as stupid as Keim is.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep Rosens ass. Never give him up for a crap group of pics. It ain't really hard to figure out. A great.backup has a LOT of.value. so, good trade or pound sand.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Flacco was only worth a 4th, can the Cardinals expect anything higher?

Yes, he has age and an amazing contract as a benefit. Even if he isn't a starter, he would be a quality backup anywhere but here.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Do you not know Brees' career or are you trolling?
Talk about trolling, you’re not making any logical sense whatsoever.
If Rosen’s first year looked anything like Brees’ then we would have drafted Bosa. And you brought him up. And now your frantically searching the internet for Drew Brees stats that are inevitably going to support what I’m saying. So I don’t know if you’re trolling, or just stuck on a carousel somewhere, or what. But it’s like a new, undefined debate tactic that I just don’t understand.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
What’s to know? His first year as a starter was solid.
His first year as a starter he put up a 76.9 rating. His second year he put up a 67.5 rating and led the Chargers to draft his replacement. It wasn't until his 4th year in the league and 3rd year as a starter that he started to look good. Which is the point. After 13 starts, his passer rating was 73.7 and he threw 12 TD/15 INT with LaDanian Tomlinson carry the load. Rosen had 11 TD/14 INT and a 67 rating. Not as good but not far off, and with a lot less of a team.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Talk about trolling, you’re not making any logical sense whatsoever.
If Rosen’s first year looked anything like Brees’ then we would have drafted Bosa. And you brought him up. And now your frantically searching the internet for Drew Brees stats that are inevitably going to support what I’m saying. So I don’t know if you’re trolling, or just stuck on a carousel somewhere, or what. But it’s like a new, undefined debate tactic that I just don’t understand.
Nothing frantic about it. You're flat wrong and the numbers show it. Brees' first year was not good and his second year was as bad as Rosen's rookie year. Arguing that "he is what he is" after 13 games, or defending that idea, is just plain foolish.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Keep Rosens ass. Never give him up for a crap group of pics. It ain't really hard to figure out. A great.backup has a LOT of.value. so, good trade or pound sand.
I agree. Is everyone certain Kyler will not get injured? The NFL players are so much bigger and faster than college. And with our line we need as many QBs as we can get. Even if Kyler survives and thrives, it is always a plus to have the best backup available.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I'd say that Rosen's first round grade was reasonable so IMO, it's just that the Cardinals are asking way too much from teams that know they don't have to deal.
So, how should they have gone about getting more for Rosen? By asking for less in the first place??

How do you know what Keim asked for anyway?

The people who think Keim has squandered Rosen's value are the same people who overestimated his value in the first place.

...dbs

P.S. If you wanted to build your team's future around a 2nd year QB, would you give up a 1st-round pick for Josh Allen (QB, Bills)? Just wondering. He was picked higher than Rosen last year, and had a better season, on a team devoid of offensive talent, that wound up with the 30th-ranked offense. By all objective measures, he should have more value than Rosen. I'd bet most people don't think Josh Allen is worth a 1st round pick today. Take the homerism out of it, the emotional attachment to "our guy" Rosen, and it will be obvious that neither is Rosen.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
His first year as a starter he put up a 76.9 rating. His second year he put up a 67.5 rating and led the Chargers to draft his replacement. It wasn't until his 4th year in the league and 3rd year as a starter that he started to look good. Which is the point. After 13 starts, his passer rating was 73.7 and he threw 12 TD/15 INT with LaDanian Tomlinson carry the load. Rosen had 11 TD/14 INT and a 67 rating. Not as good but not far off, and with a lot less of a team.

That’s great, thanks for the history lesson. And we still would have kept Brees, obviously.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Teams just aren't going to give up a 1st for him at this point. Like I said, if Flacco's only worth a 4th I don't see how Rosen garners much more.
Hes a better talent than haskins, Jones or lock. You are kidding yourself with the 4th round comparison.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Saw the Keim interview also. What an idiot. His job is to make sure we have depth at the position. Oh ok. Nobody is falling for your crap you meathead. If the Cardinals had competent ownership Keim would be long gone. Bidwill is as stupid as Keim is.
Yeah he looked like an idiot.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
So, how should they have gone about getting more for Rosen? By asking for less in the first place??
Is that the only option? Are you implying that the Cardinals took the only path that was available to them?

daves said:
How do you know what Keim asked for anyway?
Where did I say that? No one "knows" what they asked for.

daves said:
The people who think Keim has squandered Rosen's value are the same people who overestimated his value in the first place.
The people who overestimated his value in the first place were Keim and Co.

daves said:
P.S. If you wanted to build your team's future around a 2nd year QB, would you give up a 1st-round pick for Josh Allen (QB, Bills)? Just wondering. He was picked higher than Rosen last year, and had a better season, on a team devoid of offensive talent, that wound up with the 30th-ranked offense. By all objective measures, he should have more value than Rosen. I'd bet most people don't think Josh Allen is worth a 1st round pick today. Take the homerism out of it, the emotional attachment to "our guy" Rosen, and it will be obvious that neither is Rosen.
I don't know if Allen nets a first rounder today but there's no way to explore that idea.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Nothing frantic about it. You're flat wrong and the numbers show it. Brees' first year was not good and his second year was as bad as Rosen's rookie year. Arguing that "he is what he is" after 13 games, or defending that idea, is just plain foolish.

So Brees, with better numbers, was bad enough to get his replacement drafted (as you stated). However Rosen, with worse numbers, should stay?
This is like being on candid camera.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Hes a better talent than haskins, Jones or lock. You are kidding yourself with the 4th round comparison.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Tannehill and a 6th for a 4th and a 7th.
Flacco for a 4th.
Keenum for a 6th.
Tyrod Taylor for a 3rd.
Trevor Siemian for a 7th.
Alex Smith for a 3rd.

I think a 4th is pretty fair. Trades for QB's that teams are moving on from just don't garner a whole lot.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
So Brees, with better numbers, was bad enough to get his replacement drafted (as you stated). However Rosen, with worse numbers, should stay?
This is like being on candid camera.
<sigh>I didn't argue that the Chargers should have moved on, I stated that that's what they did. It was because they used the same type of logic and figured he "is what he is" because it took him some time to find his groove. Regardless if it was the Chargers or anyone else, giving up on Brees after 13 games or even his first 3 years in the league would show a real lack of patience and foresight. Giving up on just about any QB after 13 games is ludicrous.

So, stay on point and just admit you were mistaken about Brees looking good his first year.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Only" a 1st? That's a steep price to ask for a QB everyone knows isn't in the Cardinals future plans. Just because the Cardinals overspent and misspent capital to get Rosen doesn't mean that because the rest of the league isn't willing to bail them out that Rosen is thought of poorly. I agree that he isn't a hot prospect at this point because of the dysfunctional and unproductive team he was on but because he isn't garnering what it cost the Cardinals to draft him doesn't mean he's considered garbage.
It seems you're making the point that the low return it appears Rosen will fetch is not an accurate reflection of how great he is. Your previous posts seemed to be agreeing with those who claimed that Rosen could've fetched a much better return yesterday than he will tomorrow. Those are two distinct points and while i disagree with the first, it's entirely subjective. The second point is the one i've been refuting, since it defies all logic.

...dbs

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave