Kliff Kingsbury says Cardinals not sure at #1 pick with 48 hours to go

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing if the Cardinals trade down in the draft they wouldn't announce it until they are ready to go on the clock.

The NFL draft is such a huge entertainment event they probably wouldn't want to take away from that.

Any thoughts?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got to keep those fans glued to the TV Suspense makes great ratings and generates more talk about the NFL.More dollars.

Ratings won't change if the cards come out and say what they are doing. Good grief people it has nothing to do with ratings. Keim just hasn't figured out nobody is trading for the pick so he is still playing checkers when everyone else has moved onto chess.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ratings won't change if the cards come out and say what they are doing. Good grief people it has nothing to do with ratings. Keim just hasn't figured out nobody is trading for the pick so he is still playing checkers when everyone else has moved onto chess.
Apparently the Browns knew they were taking Baker for months.. why didn't we know until draft night?

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If we knew we were taking Murray you would think there would be a leak of us trying to trade JR. At this point there are zero rumors about this..... actually to the contrary. I've heard numerous times the Cards haven't even reached out to other teams at all.... with one day to go. I think we're ready to take Q. Williams but holding out for someone (the Raiders or maybe the Giants) to throw us an offer we can't refuse. Today it seems like multiple teams are now considering trying to trade up to get their QB which plays right into our hands. Personally I think Gruden will cave in tomorrow and give us a nice package for the pick. This is in my opinion the best move for our team going forward. Fingers crossed.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently the Browns knew they were taking Baker for months.. why didn't we know until draft night?

Because there were enough players teams would trade up to get that it made sense to play it close to the vest. This year, not so much. The only reason to hold out now is to make SF wait.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because there were enough players teams would trade up to get that it made sense to play it close to the vest. This year, not so much. The only reason to hold out now is to make SF wait.
They weren't going to trade the pick though was my point..so based on what the original point was, they would have no issue just coming out and telling everyone. There, imo, is a very good chance that there can be influence from the league. To what degree? Who knows

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They weren't going to trade the pick though was my point..so based on what the original point was, they would have no issue just coming out and telling everyone. There, imo, is a very good chance that there can be influence from the league. To what degree? Who knows

But trading it was significantly more likely than this year. The only rule in place is a team can't start negotiating with the top pick until a couple days before but no rule stating they couldn't announce to the world their intentions.

Last year Cleveland could have traded away the pick, probably easily. This year the Cards would have loved to trade the tip pick but there are no takersbecause no player is worth that price. As a result it makes no differenceif the Cards tell everyone who they intended to pick.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Ask Bill belicheck - crickets chirping- I honestly don’t know the right move here - I mean I don’t see raiders shooting the moon for murry with David Carr - I would take david Carr paired with Rosen - but I would have kept Bradford because basically I don’t think Cards offensive problems was sams fault! Think it’s proven accurate.

I would love Bosa no matter what - in a vacuum - so that’s my pick bpa

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the majority of us can agree on this. If the cards select Murray and get adequate compensation for Rosen it will soften the blow for Rosen supporters. I would also think most of us don’t want to go down this road with both qb’s on the roster. I’m giving up on a #1 for Josh but maybe a #2 and a #4.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think the majority of us can agree on this. If the cards select Murray and get adequate compensation for Rosen it will soften the blow for Rosen supporters. I would also think most of us don’t want to go down this road with both qb’s on the roster. I’m giving up on a #1 for Josh but maybe a #2 and a #4.

Don't blink.

Rosen is worth a #1 pick.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The question is 'WhY?' There isn't a GM who's going to get 'baited' at this point. Every team SHOULD have their draft board DONE...other than a few medicals and criminal records that may pop up...it's sit back ...relax and play out a few trade scenarios in the war room.....they aren't watching presser's of KK saying 'we don't know' and if they are they're laughing.
The answer is "I have my reasons, and I'm not telling you." (It's a HC's prerogative).

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

if SK doesn`t get a #1 for Rosen then he screwed the pooch IMO.One would think most GMs saw the situation in AZ last season a realize what a mess it was.I know if teams try to trade they will want to pay as little as possible but if SK doesn`t get a RD 1 then he crapped his hat.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if SK doesn`t get a #1 for Rosen then he screwed the pooch IMO.One would think most GMs saw the situation in AZ last season a realize what a mess it was.I know if teams try to trade they will want to pay as little as possible but if SK doesn`t get a RD 1 then he crapped his hat.
I agree to a point. I would rather a 2 nd and a 3rd than to keep both qbs . I think that would be a mess.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't blink.

Rosen is worth a #1 pick.
Agree. Tomorrow, teams are gonna get really nervous.. especially after they select Murray. That's what I am assuming the Cards are thinking. No deals regardless until after they pick.. it could cause a massive overvaluing for Josh and drive up his value than if we sold him beforehand. Jmo

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson