I can't wait......

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For the draft to be here and gone. The Murray talk everywhere is getting old. Love how its causing alot of activity on here, but I'm tired of hearing it on 98.7 every second. 9 more days, just 9 more days!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Oh, imagine if we actually draft him. This place will be insane throughout the entire offseason.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m with you in not wanting to draft him but what makes you say this? 99% of articles, mocks, etc. have us taking Murray.

Why?

Because that 99% is based entirely on video of KK complimenting KM at a time when he couldn't possibly know how is future would unfold.

I bet that if KK could go back in time, he would be more circumspect in his compliments.

Have you heard any buzz from other teams that he'd be their pick at #1 or in the top ten?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Draft talk is getting frustrating, sure. But what else is there to talk about?
Our team's prospects in the NBA playoffs? The NHL playoffs? Our MLB team on the rise?
The Hotshots? It's only this big right now because our exciting indignity of having the #1 pick.

Steve Keim is actually going to have a big effect on the futures of five or six franchises next week.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I’m with you in not wanting to draft him but what makes you say this? 99% of articles, mocks, etc. have us taking Murray.
Every year 99% of mock drafts are wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade down with the Lions for their #8 and #40. Take Hockenson with #8. Take #40 and our #65 to move back up in the first and snatch Hollywood brown. With #33 take the best o- lineman. Instantly improved offense. Give Rosen the tools and he will be much more than adequate in kingsbury offense. Edit: With our 33 pick take the best d-lineman on the board.

Last edited:

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trade down with the Lions for their #8 and #40. Take Hockenson with #8. Take #40 and our #65 to move back up in the first and snatch Hollywood brown. With #33 take the best o- lineman. Instantly improved offense. Give Rosen the tools and he will be much more than adequate in kingsbury offense. Edit: With our 33 pick take the best d-lineman on the board.

You'd trade down that far for only an extra 2nd rounder?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
For the draft to be here and gone. The Murray talk everywhere is getting old. Love how its causing alot of activity on here, but I'm tired of hearing it on 98.7 every second. 9 more days, just 9 more days!

I am right there with you, so glad this will be over early the first night too. I actually am looking forward to the rest of the draft after round 1.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd trade down that far for only an extra 2nd rounder?
Not sure what the true value of what else we should receive but the gist of my post was to make this offense as explosive as possible with this draft.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be the worst draft day trade in the history of the NFL lol...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be the worst draft day trade in the history of the NFL lol...
Any pick is a roll of the dice because all of us “ experts” all look at the same player. rankings. But if we drafted Hockenson with the first pick and he turned into the next Kelce or Gronk we’d look like geniuses. And if we draft Williams or Bosa and they turn out like Wendell Bryant we will look stupid no matter what their ranking was. What I’m saying is we desperately need play makers on this offense. The lions would love to have Bosa. Just another way to look at this draft other than the Murray/Bosa/Williams debate.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any pick is a roll of the dice because all of us “ experts” all look at the same player. rankings. But if we drafted Hockenson with the first pick and he turned into the next Kelce or Gronk we’d look like geniuses. And if we draft Williams or Bosa and they turn out like Wendell Bryant we will look stupid no matter what their ranking was. What I’m saying is we desperately need play makers on this offense. The lions would love to have Bosa. Just another way to look at this draft other than the Murray/Bosa/Williams debate.
To be clear, I love Hockenson.... in Arians’ offense. In this one, not so much. My bigger issue is any GM that would trade away the #1 for #’s 8 and 40 would instantly be banished from the NFL for life. His descendants would receive hate mail.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be clear, I love Hockenson.... in Arians’ offense. In this one, not so much. My bigger issue is any GM that would trade away the #1 for #’s 8 and 40 would instantly be banished from the NFL for life. His descendants would receive hate mail.
I understand what your saying about compensation. It was just an example of thinking outside the box. So for the sake of it let’s say the lions offered us this years first and second and next years first and third. I have not looked up the draft chart because as I mentioned I’m attempting to look outside the same old same old. It was more a look of how to jump start this offense with our first 3 picks as opposed to “ this is a great defensive draft”.