The Latest on Rosen

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are you asking?

You got some TV guy out of Denver saying KM gas been informed he's #1 to the Cards.

That is the BIGGEST scoop in this draft and when this happens, reporter after reporter piggy backs on the story.

I've a Twitter feed of over 25 national and team 'Beat ' reporters and NADA !

He may be proved right, but, don't try to cash this cheque just yet.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Facts remain, Josh Rosen was an woefully awful, trash bin, dumpster fire of a QB last year. Ignore it, but thems are facts.

C'mon Krang, don't enter the muck. He did poorly, but we have witnessed much, MUCH worse. How about decent OL, good receivers, good OC and TERRIBLE QB play? That was under Whiz...Rosen was bad , but the team was awful everywhere last year. If Rosen played under Whiz, we would have had hope. Maybe delusional Kolb level hope, but not Skeleton/Hall embarrassment.

I am pro-Murray, but Rosen is not terrible and you can see that in context. If Murray weren't there, most of us, coaches included, would be on the Rosen hype train this year. See Goff! See Truninsky! Rosen will be that good, maybe better, plus he recycles!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You got some TV guy out of Denver saying KM gas been informed he's #1 to the Cards.

That is the BIGGEST scoop in this draft and when this happens, reporter after reporter piggy backs on the story.

I've a Twitter feed of over 25 national and team 'Beat ' reporters and NADA !

He may be proved right, but, don't try to cash this cheque just yet.

I am not cashing that cheque either. Until it is official, I am going to hope Cardinals are playing this elaborate game to drum up interest for #1 pick. Hope they build around Rosen than sending him away for a measly 3rd round pick

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think there is an opportunity out there (outside of Washington) where Josh wouldn't be holding a clipboard for a year (plan).

Giants - Manning
San Diego - Rivers
NE - Brady
AZ - Murray (hypothetical)

He doesn't have leverage.

Miami.

And, his leverage is simply informing team(s) not to bother trading for him, as he has no interest.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Upset at the messenger? Please listen to radio show podcast and he said Murray has been notified by Cardinals

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Just like any information coming out from "sources" that Rosen was told this is all just the game being played and they are most definitely moving forward with him...I'm sure the PRosens would give credence to that. But hey, we all have a little bias in us at this point. Imo.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
Well again, I am a believer in predictive analytics and that is what they had Rosen at.

Put him on a bad team and he will be bad. That has been proven.

Put him on a good team and he will be good. That seems more than reasonable.

But he simply lacks any elite tool to elevate his team. He needs his team to elevate him. Kind of like Matt Cassell.

Tom Brady lacked the elite tools to elevate his team too. He was an unathletic guy who couldn't even secure a starting job in college. JaMarcus Russell had elite tools and he sucked. Being a successful QB is a different equation than other positions. Physical attributes are not and never have been the #1 indicator of success at the position.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
The Patriots are extremely smart...they are buying and selling stocks.

Who wouldn't want Rosen for a 2nd or 3rd round pick? He could easily slide into the Patriot machine on offense for a few games and end up getting traded for a #1 pick.

He could also stick around and get the first shot at replacing Brady.

Much smarter that swinging and missing on QB's in the first round.

I get that it is a value play on their part. But you also don't give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a guy who you don't think can play. If you listen to some on here, Rosen is one of the worst QBs ever because the numbers he put up last year were terrible. If the Patriots thought his numbers last year were indicative of his value, they wouldn't offer more than a 6th round pick for him. 2nd and 3rd round picks are where you build the core of your team. Not where you pick guys who are historically bad.

Their willingness to trade for him means they believe he has salvageable talent. It doesn't prove he's better than Murray but it's a strong argument for him not being as terrible as many on here are suggesting.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Brady lacked the elite tools to elevate his team too. He was an unathletic guy who couldn't even secure a starting job in college. JaMarcus Russell had elite tools and he sucked. Being a successful QB is a different equation than other positions. Physical attributes are not and never have been the #1 indicator of success at the position.

Tom Brady predates these analytical models.
Russell had a high bust rate per analytical models with limited upside

He was taken because he was a "big strong QB"

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
C'mon Krang, don't enter the muck. He did poorly, but we have witnessed much, MUCH worse. How about decent OL, good receivers, good OC and TERRIBLE QB play? That was under Whiz...Rosen was bad , but the team was awful everywhere last year. If Rosen played under Whiz, we would have had hope. Maybe delusional Kolb level hope, but not Skeleton/Hall embarrassment.

I am pro-Murray, but Rosen is not terrible and you can see that in context. If Murray weren't there, most of us, coaches included, would be on the Rosen hype train this year. See Goff! See Truninsky! Rosen will be that good, maybe better, plus he recycles!

I'm not saying Rosen is a bad player, only that his performance was terrible.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Cowherd has a few takes on the Cardinals situation.. nothing earth shattering, but some fairly interesting stuff on Josh's trade stats.

Cardinals content starts at about 6:00

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Cowherd has a few takes on the Cardinals situation.. nothing earth shattering, but some fairly interesting stuff on Josh's trade stats.

Cardinals content starts at about 6:00

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Arizona doesnt sell out all of their games...I love the ignorance of the national media.

Other than that, I agree with what he is saying. It's obvious that Murray is the guy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot of contradiction in this story. The Cardinal “corporation” is in the process of gather information and researching all of it. Yes they are talking up Murray. Yes they are taking calls for Rosen. They are mapping out what the best road to take. It’s ridiculous to knock the organization for doing this . If fact we would and should be pissed if they weren’t doing so. I believe at this point the Cards have an idea which way they are leaning but could be swayed with a crazy offer for the first pick or a substantial offer for Rosen. We may have an answer before April 8th but probably not. Rosen not showing up for the 1st ota could mean he’s pissed or could mean it’s all part of the game. The way I understand it the first ota is basically weight training. We’ll see.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I believe my eyes on Rosen - yes he has some excuses, mostly ruined by a bad coach - staff and fans - yes Sam should have stayed in longer, can he rebound ? Maybe but it’s a bad maybe not a good maybe.

Not sold on Murry either- seems like a gimmick player - which rarely holds up long term in the NFL - will see

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Lot of contradiction in this story. The Cardinal “corporation” is in the process of gather information and researching all of it. Yes they are talking up Murray. Yes they are taking calls for Rosen. They are mapping out what the best road to take. It’s ridiculous to knock the organization for doing this . If fact we would and should be pissed if they weren’t doing so. I believe at this point the Cards have an idea which way they are leaning but could be swayed with a crazy offer for the first pick or a substantial offer for Rosen. We may have an answer before April 8th but probably not. Rosen not showing up for the 1st ota could mean he’s pissed or could mean it’s all part of the game. The way I understand it the first ota is basically weight training. We’ll see.

I feel bad for Josh. He was dealt a terrible hand to begin his pro-career.

To his credit, he's kept quiet, and he himself hasn't made the situation worse. That says something good about him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for Josh. He was dealt a terrible hand to begin his pro-career.

To his credit, he's kept quiet, and he himself hasn't made the situation worse. That says something good about him.
I wouldn’t feel sorry for him quite yet. He could be in on the whole scheme of things. You would think somebody somewhere would find him and put a mic in his face . Seems like he is deep underground.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I wouldn’t feel sorry for him quite yet. He could be in on the whole scheme of things. You would think somebody somewhere would find him and put a mic in his face . Seems like he is deep underground.

I’m sure he’s received hundreds of media requests. Silence beats bitching and moaning. By the way - I’ve been asking people I know who live near Rosen’s family in Manhattan Beach if they know him or know what’s going on. No luck.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
I've been reading all the Murray/Rosen stuff for weeks now. I'm not a fan of Murray. Hes entitled, doesn't respect his opponents, and acrybaby. None of those are qualities I want in my starting QB. In addition his size, height and arm length are likely to lead to a ton of tipped passes and fumbles. Don't care about his college tipped pass stats, his passing lanes were huge, and OL was great. There are a laundry list of QBs that played under Lincoln Riley, Mike Leach, Art Briles that have stats comparable to Murray's last year, and all of them were larger than Murray and with the exception of Mahommes, none have had any success in the NFL. If the front office has really decided to move on from Rosen, which I completely disagree with given the circumstances last year, I'd much rather move down to 4 and select Haskins. I loved his intelligence, and humility during his Pro day interview on NFL network and has the size to endure the pounding he'll likely endure with our OL.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m sure he’s received hundreds of media requests. Silence beats bitching and moaning. By the way - I’ve been asking people I know who live near Rosen’s family in Manhattan Beach if they know him or know what’s going on. No luck.

Weren't some of the biggest criticisms that he was too outspoken and would put his opinions/agendas before team? He has handled media and scrutiny through this situation incredibly. He was put into as bad of situation as possible and is getting bashed everywhere you turn. True character shines in face of adversity. Those questioning his predraft were dead wrong.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose