Giants feel Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins "doesn't fit" with the team.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. I think the Giants would trade BOTH their 1st round picks to move up to 1 & take Murray. I’d still rather have Murray.
Having lived in the Greater NYC market for 79 years and absorbed the culture of the Giants for all those years...

The Giants' personality has consistently been to prefer bigger, technically sound, less explosive offensive players over smaller, flashier types.

Haskins would represent a traditional Giant pick. Murray would represent a significant departure from the Giants' traditional MO.

(Thereby guaranteeing - heh heh - that the Giants go with Murray).

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
90%???

How could you possibly, objectively come up with a number like that?

Why? Because Murray is a special breed that the NFL has rarely or ever seen. He’ll be more elusive than Wilson & as accurate as Brees. Defenses will struggle mightily to defend him. Add a supposedly great play caller like KK, and we will be more exciting to watch than the Chiefs.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boy! Have you found religion.

There is absolutely nothing in reality that supports your belief in the powers of the mighty midget and pulling percentages from your nether region is hardly convincing.

The mighty midget is at best a crap shoot!

If all you can do is repeatedly use the term “midget”, then you bring absolutely nothing to this discussion.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If all you can do is repeatedly use the term “midget”, then you bring absolutely nothing to this discussion.

So based on what will he be more accurate than Bree's,more elusive than Wilson?All you offer is more hype based on college highlights in a poor defensive conference and you think he will just kick the leagues ass with little or no trouble.I find that bordering on blind hope not based on reality.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
So based on what will he be more accurate than Bree's,more elusive than Wilson?All you offer is more hype based on college highlights in a poor defensive conference and you think he will just kick the leagues ass with little or no trouble.I find that bordering on blind hope not based on reality.

I am not defending or supporting Murray but that same college team, running the same system, and playing the same conference opponents just produced last years #1 pick (and Heisman winner). Murray is much smaller but brings a much different element to his game (running).

I don't think there has been another QB that has come out since Russell Wilson that looks more like RW part 2.

There have been plenty of 6-2, 6-3, 6-4 pocket passers that have busted in that same time frame.

If we didn't have KK's and this new offense (basically the same as Oklahoma)...this would not be a conversation right now.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray will be on IR before the first month of the season is up. Then where are you? No Murray. No Bosa. No Rosen.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What evidence??? You’ve yet to provide any showing smaller guys get injured more.

Seems to me you’re the one who’s “cherry picking.” Please prove me wrong with actual evidence.
I’m on my phone at the moment, so I’m not able to throw together a statistical chart or anything for you, but if you look at RG3, Tyrod Taylor, Vick, you’ll see guys who are mobile and struggle to stay 100%.

Your scatbacks and Tyreek Hills are the exceptions, and look at Tyreek limping around late last season after one right hit. They don’t have 4+ guys after them every play with the intent to injure.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I think one of the main issues I have with Murray (opposed to Rosen)...Is Murray is perfect to play in the Air Raid style offense, but I think he would have issues in a traditional pro set under center...So Murray becomes tied to that style of offense.

Rosen, although not a huge threat to run (but much better than people on the board give him credit for) can pretty much play in any offense style (UCLA used zone read and RPO concepts).

We are all hopeful the CK2 experiment will work out (I personally think the Air Raid can work, all lot of the concepts have been in the league for years), but if it doesn't, having Murray vice Rosen forces our hand in the following head coach and offensive system.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Murray will be on IR before the first month of the season is up. Then where are you? No Murray. No Bosa. No Rosen.
If Cam gets injured (who is 10x the size of Murray), then you can safely assume that KM stands no chance...especially with his frame. He's basically the size of John Brown, so good luck staying on the field.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Then you look at Russell Wilson and he hasn't missed a game in his career.

You must be registered for see images attach

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you look at Russell Wilson and he hasn't missed a game in his career.

If I recall correctly, although Wilson hasn’t missed games he has at times been beat up pretty bad but played thru it. Cant say Murray can take a repetitive beating for a whole season. To take the side “ he’s fast and will avoid hits” is delusional.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m on my phone at the moment, so I’m not able to throw together a statistical chart or anything for you, but if you look at RG3, Tyrod Taylor, Vick, you’ll see guys who are mobile and struggle to stay 100%.

Your scatbacks and Tyreek Hills are the exceptions, and look at Tyreek limping around late last season after one right hit. They don’t have 4+ guys after them every play with the intent to injure.

RG3, Taylor, and Vick looked for contact as opposed to learning to slide & avoiding it. If you watch Murray, there's never been a QB that is better at avoiding hits. Many of the hits that RG3 & Vick took were avoidable, in addition to being hits that are no longer condoned in today's NFL.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
RG3, Taylor, and Vick looked for contact as opposed to learning to slide & avoiding it. If you watch Murray, there's never been a QB that is better at avoiding hits. Many of the hits that RG3 & Vick took were avoidable, in addition to being hits that are no longer condoned in today's NFL.

Still more speculation that Murray will be Mr Elusive when he gets to the NFL and the bigger faster players won't nail him.Russell Wilson was sacked 52 times last season .

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

'Never been a QB that is better at avoiding hits'

The superlatives never end.

Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers in a minny pack!

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Still more speculation that Murray will be Mr Elusive when he gets to the NFL and the bigger faster players won't nail him.Russell Wilson was sacked 52 times last season .
Wilson is also built like a tank. KM is more like Tavon Austin.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, but the best short QB in the Super Bowl era has nothing on the magical midget.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, although Wilson hasn’t missed games he has at times been beat up pretty bad but played thru it. Cant say Murray can take a repetitive beating for a while season. To take the side “ he’s fast and will avoid hits” is delusional.

Agreed...he will take hits like everyone else. What's not delusional is RW has taken 299 sacks and countless more knock downs and tackles. He is basically the same size as KM and I was shocked to learn he has never missed a game. It only takes one hit though...just ask Brady, Alex Smith, and even non contact injuries like Deshaun Watson can take you out.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Agreed...he will take hits like everyone else. What's not delusional is RW has taken 299 sacks and countless more knock downs and tackles. He is basically the same size as KM and I was shocked to learn he has never missed a game. It only takes one hit though...just ask Brady, Alex Smith, and even non contact injuries like Deshaun Watson can take you out.

Yeah but I also saw KM lying in a heap after 1 hit by Q Williams. What's gonna happen when the likes of Aaron Donald are bearing down on him twice a year?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Yeah this is what I saw. Murray flat out avoids contact. You don't see him try to run through contact, he gets down or out of bounds. Never seen anything like it; he's better at it than Russell Wilson.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The Seahawks had the "Russ Grimm delusion". It's a mental disorder characterized by the delusional belief that your offensive line coach can take lesser players and turn them into All Pros.

I was sad to see the Seahawks cut ties with Tom Cable. Like none percent of his linemen turned into really good players even though the Seahawks drafted linemen every year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give it a couple of weeks and you"ll have Murray in a gold jacket.

Here are some KM prospect rankings from people who clearly don't have You Tube access :

Drafttek # 7
Sports Illustrated # 11
Sporting news # 13
Lindy's / NFL draft Scout # 19
Rob Rang # 19
CBS Sports # 25
Walter Football # 28
Athlon # 33
Some mocks and rankers are based on what writer feels the teams are thinking. Others base them on what they think the teams should do. Actual results often fail to be the same as the predictions because trades blow up the best of plans.