Giants feel Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins "doesn't fit" with the team.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So who is really looking for a QB in RD 1?
NYG ?

Denver ?
Miami-definite need
Wash?

who could look for a QB?
Oakland-still have Derek Carr
Jax-Didn`t they just sign Foles for big money

QBs who could be first round guy
Dwayne Haskins
Kyler Murray
Drew Lock
Daniel Jones

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Out of all the teams the giants need murray... They got nothing...zilch...nada...zero reasons for their fans to go to games or have any hope. If murray is even half of what the neophytes around here think he is then teaming him up with saquon can add some serious excitement for the ny offense...they still wont win...but would be exciting none the less

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Giants, Denver, Miami, and Washington all need QBOF's.

Oakland has Carr and he is average/slightly above average. It's a possibility.

Jax is out now that they have Foles contract.

What makes Washington intriguing (if Rosen is not our QBOF) is their cap space issues. They could get Rosen for basically 2m/year for the next 3 years and have a young QB to groom. That lines up perfectly with the Alex Smith cap debacle.

I am not advocating getting rid of Rosen...I am confident the FO will make the right choice on that one. But if they do, Washington stands the most to gain followed closely by the Giants (Rosen is an Eli clone).

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Out of all the teams the giants need murray... They got nothing...zilch...nada...zero reasons for their fans to go to games or have any hope. If murray is even half of what the neophytes around here think he is then teaming him up with saquon can add some serious excitement for the ny offense...they still wont win...but would be exciting none the less

Why the neophytes, midgets, fan boys, etc rhetoric?

We are all on the same team and want the same thing (success). Its actually beneficial to have differing thoughts and opinions.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Eli clone? Are you sure ?
If he is , I would be very happy with that if we could get the same results.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not 6 and 17 alone. Needs more sweetener. Maybe this years three and next years two

I think we are lucky to get the 2 first this year and next years first round pick
Its a good haul, we can have some chances to get Tua

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Do u think the pick 6 and 17 are enough to move up ?

Why would the Giants give up both picks to choose Murray (if that was the case) when they can likely get Haskins at 6 or Maybe Lock at 17 or Daniel Jones at 17 ? Whoever they pick will sit behind Eli For most of the season.Even if they trade up to number 1 (I wouldn`t do it unless I got both the 6,17 and their first pick in 2nd round also).

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would the Giants give up both picks to choose Murray (if that was the case) when they can likely get Haskins at 6 or Maybe Lock at 17 or Daniel Jones at 17 ? Whoever they pick will sit behind Eli For most of the season.Even if they trade up to number 1 (I wouldn`t do it unless I got both the 6,17 and their first pick in 2nd round also).

Cause haskins, lock and jones arent worth consideration?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Why would the Bears trade up for Mitch Trubisky when Patrick Mahomes was there?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dumb? They get their perennial all pro meanwhile we are stuck with Rosen

Give it a couple of weeks and you"ll have Murray in a gold jacket.

Here are some KM prospect rankings from people who clearly don't have You Tube access :

Drafttek # 7
Sports Illustrated # 11
Sporting news # 13
Lindy's / NFL draft Scout # 19
Rob Rang # 19
CBS Sports # 25
Walter Football # 28
Athlon # 33

Last edited:

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score

Here are some KM prospect rankings from people who clearly don't have You Tube access :

Drafttek # 7
Sports Illustrated # 11
Sporting news # 13
Rob Rang # 19
CBS Sports # 25
Walter Football # 28
Athlon # 33

How did those same publications rank Brees, Brady, Rodgers, & Wilson? Asking for a friend!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Drafttek # 7
Sports Illustrated # 11
Sporting news # 13
Rob Rang # 19
CBS Sports # 25
Walter Football # 28
Athlon # 33

Those ranking are updated before 2018 season

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Dumb? They get their perennial all pro meanwhile we are stuck with Rosen

Pure speculation,hype,nonsense,a lot of hoping on your part.Murray a perennial all pro?Get freaking real.Has Wilson been a perennial allpro?And you expect Murray to be such?Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first?

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Love the outlier arguments. Ignore the historical success, only cherry pick the wildly unpredictable outliers and pretend like the rest of the evidence doesn't tell you otherwise.

What evidence??? You’ve yet to provide any showing smaller guys get injured more.

Seems to me you’re the one who’s “cherry picking.” Please prove me wrong with actual evidence.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do u think the pick 6 and 17 are enough to move up ?
. Actually not enough they would only be trading “ one” pick because they are getting one in return. They would have to throw in a second or third this year or next.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks! You just proved his point. You’ve got nothing. Appreciate you affirming my friend.

And what exactly is your confusing point?

Rodgers had a first round grade and was selected in that round; Brees had a second and was selected #32; Wilson had a second day grade and that's when he was selected, etc , etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman