Giants feel Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins "doesn't fit" with the team.

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
DWAYNE HASKINSQB, COLLEGE PLAYER
You must be registered for see images attach

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Giants feel Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins "doesn't fit" with the team.

Russini adds the Giants are barely scouting him. ESPN's Jordan Raanan speculates the Giants aren't interested because the team doesn't see enough "elusiveness in the pocket" from the 21-year-old play-caller, creating a sense of doubt the front office can't seem to overlook. It's asinine, but the powers that be are clearly interested in sticking with 38-year-old Mike Francesa-favorite Eli Manning under center this upcoming season and instead using the No. 6 overall pick on a "safe" option on the opposite side of the ball. GM Dave Gettleman ostensibly telegraphed his infatuation with Saquon Barkley well before the draft last year, stating he was "touched by the hand of God" before inevitably selecting the former Nittany Lion No. 2 overall. A similar picture is unfortunately being painted for the once-proud franchise this year.

RELATED:
SOURCE: Breaking Big Blue Podcast
Mar 16, 2019, 12:24 PM

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
You can say what you want about Gettleman, but he took a contract bloated team, made some extremely difficult and painful moves (like getting rid of Steve Smith, which was about as popular as the OBJ move) took a 7-9 team (that had backed into the playoffs in a bad NFC South) and in two years they were in the Superbowl...

Let's hope Gettlemen is trying to recapture the magic he had with Cam Newton by getting another QB who is a threat in the open field.

I am willing to see what happens...I remember how unpopular Gettlemen was after the Smith move, the very next year he was a genius...

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can say what you want about Gettleman, but he took a contract bloated team, made some extremely difficult and painful moves (like getting rid of Steve Smith, which was about as popular as the OBJ move) took a 7-9 team (that had backed into the playoffs in a bad NFC South) and in two years they were in the Superbowl...

Let's hope Gettlemen is trying to recapture the magic he had with Cam Newton by getting another QB who is a threat in the open field.

I am willing to see what happens...I remember how unpopular Gettlemen was after the Smith move, the very next year he was a genius...

I was thinking the same...This man was pure magic in Carolina.

I will admit trading OBJ seemed a little crazy, but I’m willing to see how it pans out before issuing judgment.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Exactly. I think the Giants would trade BOTH their 1st round picks to move up to 1 & take Murray. I’d still rather have Murray.

From what I got, at the moment the #1 pick this year costs at least 2 #1 rounds this year and 1 next year ...

So from that perspective, if Keim is asking that already ... I would give them Murry and take 3 #1 rounders to build a support team for Rosen and if Rosen sucks draft next year my QBoF.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From what I got, at the moment the #1 pick this year costs at least 2 #1 rounds this year and 1 next year ...

So from that perspective, if Keim is asking that already ... I would give them Murry and take 3 #1 rounders to build a support team for Rosen and if Rosen sucks draft next year my QBoF.

There’s no way we will be in a better position than now to get our QBOF. Just getting rid of Wilks will ensure that we ad least double our wins next year. If you don’t take Murray now, you’re stuck with Rosen, whether he sucks or not. There’s a better than 90% chance that we will never have a better QB than Murray in our lifetimes.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There’s no way we will be in a better position than now to get our QBOF. Just getting rid of Wilks will ensure that we ad least double our wins next year. If you don’t take Murray now, you’re stuck with Rosen, whether he sucks or not. There’s a better than 90% chance that we will never have a better QB than Murray in our lifetimes.
You must be registered for see images attach

I almost want to watch him come here and fail miserably so hot takes like this can be ridiculed.

Anyways, it's all a smokescreen. The Giants are definitely in a risky spot where a team could leap ahead of them for Haskins (who should be the #1 QB in this draft).

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Boy! Have you found religion.

There is absolutely nothing in reality that supports your belief in the powers of the mighty midget and pulling percentages from your nether region is hardly convincing.

The mighty midget is at best a crap shoot!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

90%???

How could you possibly, objectively come up with a number like that?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Why pay the premium?

There'll be one, probably two QBs at #6.

Plus they still have the 17th pick in rd 1.If they can`t find a solid QB (Drew Lock,Haskins,,Daniel Jones) in the first 2 rounds then they aren`t trying too hard.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson