Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Antonio Brown Game 1 2019 Reg. Season (Odds Via SportsBetting.AG)
  • Cardinals +450
  • Steelers +500
  • 49ers +550
  • Dolphins +550
  • Packers +700
  • Colts +700
  • Raiders +900
  • Jets +1200
  • Redskins +1200
  • Browns +1200
  • Bills +2000
  • Ravens +2000
  • Cowboys +2000
  • Patriots +2500
Antonio Brown Trade
  • Traded for Draft Picks Only +125
  • Traded for Players Only +300
  • Traded for Draft Picks and Players +450

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO he will end up with the 49ers. They just cut WR Pierre Garson. They also have plenty of cap space.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This is good right?

Last year, even with Larry Legend, our WR Corp was of course horrible. Probably the worst in the league.

Brown caught 104 for 1300 in 2018. If you put him with Kirk and Fitz, that makes us "okay" I guess. Then if we hit on a WR draft pick in the 2nd or 3rd, plus one more mid-tier WR FA, and then might be good?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love him but I too think he'll end up a 49er. Seems like Rice is recruiting him.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Larry were to retire, and his head could be transplanted onto AB's body, I'd take him. Otherwise? I hope he goes to the 49ers and destroys THEIR locker room. Plenty of great WR talent in the draft. HARD PASS on this jackass.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't trust any random odds site. Want to bring me some news from a reporting source? I'm in. At this point, I've heard nothing to imply the Cardinals will be looking into trading for a player of this caliber at all.

Unfortunately the 49ers will probably get him and we'll be looking at another year in the basement.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
While supremely and unquestionably talented, our second year QB and brand spanking new coach do not need the potential issues that AB brings.

And while any team would benefit from his ability, I do not think that CKK's offense depends on superior talent at the WR position to excel.

It is more concept based vice talent driven (hence why the Air Raid is effective for smaller schools vs powerhouses)...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. First, off the top you can rip 11 million of our salary cap space. Once you get him you own him. What happens when he decides he’s underpaid ( and he will) and holds out? What happens when if Rosen misses a throw or doesn’t see him open and he comes to the sidelines and is screaming at him or KK? If he did it in Pittsburgh, he’ll do it here. No no no no no no! Edit, plus we have to give up a draft pick.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While supremely and unquestionably talented, our second year QB and brand spanking new coach do not need the potential issues that AB brings.

And while any team would benefit from his ability, I do not think that CKK's offense depends on superior talent at the WR position to excel.

It is more concept based vice talent driven (hence why the Air Raid is effective for smaller schools vs powerhouses)...

While I understand the concept to me if an offense is a good offense, it's going to be even better with elite talent in it, and Brown is still an elite talent.

My one concern would be do the Cards think Josh is far enough along in his development to deal with a guy like Brown who's not going to be polite if Josh struggles to get him the ball. But that's where Fitz being on the roster can pay dividends, Pittsburgh didn't have that after Hines Ward retired, we still do.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If Larry were to retire, and his head could be transplanted onto AB's body, I'd take him. Otherwise? I hope he goes to the 49ers and destroys THEIR locker room. Plenty of great WR talent in the draft. HARD PASS on this jackass.
I’ll say not one WR in the draft will come anywhere close to Briown success.

Guy is the best WR in the game. I take him every day

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll say not one WR in the draft will come anywhere close to Briown success.

Guy is the best WR in the game. I take him every day
How can you say that? Wasn’t Brown a 5 th round pick? Would you have drafted him in the first round of his draft? Nobody else did. So in theory the “greatest receiver of all Time could be in this draft.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't trust any random odds site. Want to bring me some news from a reporting source? I'm in. At this point, I've heard nothing to imply the Cardinals will be looking into trading for a player of this caliber at all.

Unfortunately the 49ers will probably get him and we'll be looking at another year in the basement.

I believe it was Jurecki who said the Cardinals do have interest in him.

Also Keim was asked about him, and he certainly did not deny their was interest.

I am fairly sure the Cards do want him, it's just about how much it will cost.

Personally I am 50/50 on the idea. I see both pros and cons but if we can get him for a 3rd I would probably do it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mina Kimes brought up a pretty good point. How come everyone points to AB saying he’s the problem when it’s pretty clear the Pittsburgh franchise itself has gotten to be pretty dysfunctional and why is no one looking at Tomlin and the front office for letting it get to this point.

They had the best running back and WR in the NFL and neither want to play for the franchise anymore. They have made it clear Big Ben is there guy and he’s never held accountable and pretty much does what he wants.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mina Kimes brought up a pretty good point. How come everyone points to AB saying he’s the problem when it’s pretty clear the Pittsburgh franchise itself has gotten to be pretty dysfunctional and why is no one looking at Tomlin and the front office for letting it get to this point.

They had the best running back and WR in the NFL and neither want to play for the franchise anymore. They have made it clear Big Ben is there guy and he’s never held accountable and pretty much does what he wants.
For one thing have you ever seen Fitz blow his lid and go bullistic on the sidelines? I’m not saying he is the main problem of the Steelers problems but he’s somewhere in the mix.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For one thing have you ever seen Fitz blow his lid and go bullistic on the sidelines? I’m not saying he is the main problem of the Steelers problems but he’s somewhere in the mix.

I’ve seen Anquan Boldin blow up on our sidelines you wouldn’t of taken him either?

Wasn’t Fitz accused of slapping around his girlfriend?

We don’t really know any of these guys.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mina Kimes is right.
All the talking heads (at least the ones I have heard) point the finger at AB and label him a trouble maker.
I mean cmon it is not like this guy is holding his team hostage (ala TO) and doing sit-ups in his drive way (ala TO).

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

This is a very good point. I do think he is a diva but big ben is as well. And the steelers are always going to sign with ben. Maybe Rosen is a good fit with brown. His calm demeanour might go over well with brown. Plus a change of scenery and having a guy like fitz and PP21 there? Everyone one agrees that the dude works his ass off. Work ethic is never a question with brown. There may be some truth him being somewhat of a scapegoat in Pittsburg. My worry is what kind of contract he would want.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to repair and replace a lot of pieces on this team. Where we are right now t don’t see why we would spend 20 or 25% of our remaining cap space on 1 player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard