TMZ: Budda Baker says the Cardinals would love to have Antonio Brown

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There's a difference between some sporadic antics and "being a cancer".

The Steelers didn't have a single losing season while he was there. If that's cancer I'll take some.

I think people are exaggerating how players feel about these things. Hell, in 1998 pre season Michael Irvin stabbed an offensive lineman from his own team in the neck with scissors for making him wait for a hair cut. He was a cm from killing him. They both played the season. Irving had 1000+ yards and the Cowboys went 10-6.

You're not wrong that he has the potential to do some things you wouldn't ideally want but I don't think it negatively effects the team as proposed.

Yeah, I'll stick with the knowledge I got here on the ground. Wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole and pray he never ends up on our team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a difference between some sporadic antics and "being a cancer".

The Steelers didn't have a single losing season while he was there. If that's cancer I'll take some.

I think people are exaggerating how players feel about these things. Hell, in 1998 pre season Michael Irvin stabbed an offensive lineman from his own team in the neck with scissors for making him wait for a hair cut. He was a cm from killing him. They both played the season. Irving had 1000+ yards and the Cowboys went 10-6.

You're not wrong that he has the potential to do some things you wouldn't ideally want but I don't think it negatively effects the team as proposed.

Ted Kaczynski was a great mathematician... sure, he sent people bombs in the mail, but... eggs and omelettes.

Amirite?!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ryan Clark is literally someone who was in there with him being a locker room problem, it's right there in the video. The franchise spent a year in disarray because of locker room problems and media problems.

Even the article you posted in this thread on the first page alludes to the locker room being splintered due to a team that needed to choose between their star QB and star WR. That is literally being a locker room problem, creating enemies among teammates.

I'm normally able to at least see where you're coming from with your takes, but this is a pretty cut and dry scenario where he is a major issue.

To be fair, Roethlisberger has been a problem himself for years.

But AB is doucho numero uno.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
To be fair, Roethlisberger has been a problem himself for years.

But AB is doucho numero uno.
I hate Ben for many reasons. Yep, AB is awful.

Wouldn't take either guy on this team. I will say that I think AB is a bad locker room presence, but I wouldn't fault the team for signing him, even if I would think it was dumb (pending more info on the rape allegations). If we ever had Ben on this team, I would politely choose another team to watch until he was gone. Because of the rape allegations.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate Ben for many reasons. Yep, AB is awful.

Wouldn't take either guy on this team. I will say that I think AB is a bad locker room presence, but I wouldn't fault the team for signing him, even if I would think it was dumb (pending more info on the rape allegations). If we ever had Ben on this team, I would politely choose another team to watch until he was gone. Because of the rape allegations.

Did you stop watching when we signed Frostee Rucker or Jordan Hicks? Those guys were actually arrested whereas AB is being civilly sued.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Did you stop watching when we signed Frostee Rucker or Jordan Hicks? Those guys were actually arrested whereas AB is being civilly sued.
You're narrowing the argument too much. AB is going through due process, and it is potentially a situation in which he is being defamed for money. Hopefully he did not do what is being claimed. Rucker and Hicks had their charges dropped.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here... that if I was okay with Rucker or Hicks being on the team, I should be okay with Antonio Brown if he's sexually assaulted someone, because he is good at football?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's true the team let him get away with Diva like behavior because of his production, but you can say thats on them for letting it happen. He was never a locker room issue. All his team mates loved him.

"Brown and the Steelers held down an imperfect but thrilling marriage. Brown had his shortcomings, but he worked hard at practice and made brilliant plays look routine.

The man affectionately known as "A.B." was -- and in many ways still is -- beloved in the Steelers' locker room. The former sixth-round pick was good to teammates, sharing massage therapy with young players or hitting the trendy South Side area of Pittsburgh for fun with his receiver group.

"Everybody could cling to him," said Chris Hubbard, a Steelers offensive lineman from 2013 to 2017 before signing with the Cleveland Browns last offseason. "And he was cool with everybody. People in that locker room love A.B."

Ex-teammates usually start with the same line when discussing Brown: hardest worker they've ever seen.

Cobi Hamilton, a starting receiver alongside Brown in 2016, said he had multiple talks with Brown about "what s--- he had to go through to be where he is," and how homeless nights as a teen shaped him.

"Stupid competitive -- never takes a day off, he's full speed," Hamilton said. "I know he's not an a--h--- like [media and fans] are portraying him to be. He worked to have those cars."

"Great teammate," said Martavis Bryant, a Steelers receiver from 2014 to 2017. "He showed me his whole game."

That helps explain why many teammates at the Pro Bowl have advocated for Brown's return, with defensive end Cam Heyward saying, "I want him in Pittsburgh with me." But a group of team leaders have privately discussed the situation, preparing for whatever happens with Brown, hoping for fewer distractions in 2019.

Linebacker Bud Dupree said players don't want to pick between Brown and Roethlisberger. Center Maurkice Pouncey likened the duo to brothers who are having issues. Multiple reports claimed Brown's frustration in a midweek walk-through during Week 17 was directed at Roethlisberger.

"I don't like seeing A.B. blamed for all this," one current Steeler said. "To me, he's not the problem."

The problem, according to the player, is that the Steelers' locker room issues play out too publicly, and who fixes it is "above my paygrade."

Those paid to clean up the mess -- Tomlin, general manager Kevin Colbert and team president Art Rooney II -- are sending a blunt message: Production is no longer enough."

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburg...ntonio-brown-steelers-drama-its-probably-over

Would you put up with someone being 10 minutes late for meetings if they gave you 1400 yards a year, worked harder than anyone in practice and was loved by his team mates?
Ummmm. No lol. Not even close.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You're narrowing the argument too much. AB is going through due process, and it is potentially a situation in which he is being defamed for money. Hopefully he did not do what is being claimed. Rucker and Hicks had their charges dropped.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here... that if I was okay with Rucker or Hicks being on the team, I should be okay with Antonio Brown if he's sexually assaulted someone, because he is good at football?

Big Ben had his charges dropped too. If he was ever charged which, without looking it up, I don't think he was. Could be wrong on the last.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Big Ben had his charges dropped too. If he was ever charged which, without looking it up, I don't think he was. Could be wrong on the last.

Ben has a long history of being an overall giant douche bag. I've heard too many stories leaking out of Pittsburgh to not believe them.

He is especially cruel to wait staff at restaurants.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Nope, Ben settled out of court on the first. So he's not "guilty" in the legal sense, but you don't pay someone big bucks if you're innocent.

Then he did it again, but the victim asked not to prosecute because of it being "an intrusive personal experience." So Ben got off scott-free, except a paltry four game suspension by the NFL.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...r-quarterback-twice-accused-of-sexual-assault

That's two incidents I can't believe we just let slide by because "good at football."

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nope, Ben settled out of court on the first. So he's not "guilty" in the legal sense, but you don't pay someone big bucks if you're innocent.

Then he did it again, but the victim asked not to prosecute because of it being "an intrusive personal experience." So Ben got off scott-free, except a paltry four game suspension by the NFL.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...r-quarterback-twice-accused-of-sexual-assault

That's two incidents I can't believe we just let slide by because "good at football."

That’s simply not true and depends on each case. If you’re in the public eye there’s a lot of benefit to paying someone off for confidentiality guilty or innocent. Roethlisberger also settled in civil and not criminal court after the case was dropped. Idk if Ben raped her or not but I’m just referring to the bolded comment.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Shall we did up Chandler Jones and synthetic weed? Or Adrian Peterson skeletons? Or Fitz?

My point was he's not a locker room problem. The Steelers locker room had nothing but love for AB.

What? I'm providing context to what you are trying to figure out. Actually, seems you already came to your conclusion, any other facts be damned.

I don't care one way or another, but I would find it impossible to ignore those extremely strong takes from Ryan Clark, a team captain.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Ben has a long history of being an overall giant douche bag. I've heard too many stories leaking out of Pittsburgh to not believe them.

He is especially cruel to wait staff at restaurants.

Ben is a douche and Antonio Brown is bat shiat crazy... but with Ben you can still function because at least he tries to curb himself in front of the camera instead of relish his flaws for all to see