Way too early Combine and Draft news thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most projecting Simmons to still be chosen by mid 2nd round. If a team was comfortable with taking him top 10 to 15 before the injury, that sounds about right. Not my personal opinion because I don't know the kid, but many say that he has really turned his life around and been great off the field and in the classroom.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Davis Boston level body type...which is not really a positive despite how "explosive" he may feel.

Yeah Matt Miller Drew the same comparison.

Fitz was bigger mid-career and dropped weight before the Super Bowl. Receivers shouldn't weigh more than 220.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Davis Boston level body type...which is not really a positive despite how "explosive" he may feel.

As long as he didn't get that body type the way David Boston did and he is still flexible and can run then I see no harm in being ripped.

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Horrible news for Simmons. Somebody is going to get a top 10 talent in the 3-4th round range. Perfect buy low situation for the Cardinals here.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The kid had a neck injury that forced him to miss a big chunk of his SOPH season. His QB was absolute garbage. So people are knocking him for working out to much while he couldn't play?!! Would you like him better if he smoked weed and ate French fries the last few months? Obviously these muscles will limit him like they did TO and Andre Johnson

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Excited to see how Emmanuel Butler WR from NAU does

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
DK Metcalf is a phenomenal talent.
I agree. Was he limited by the supporting cast or his play? That’s the question.

But I think it’s more likely they draft Dline & Oline early on. How about drafting both WRs Lil Jordan Humphrey & Antoine Wesley in rounds 3-5.

I personally think Hump is going to even better than he was at Texas this year & Wesley was Techs best WR. Both produced & more than likely will be better pros.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As long as he didn't get that body type the way David Boston did and he is still flexible and can run then I see no harm in being ripped.
He went to Ole Miss and has suddenly put on a ton of mass in a short time. Even if it is natural, it shows poor awareness in what type of body works in the NFL. I can't remember one instance of where being jacked helped an NFL WR.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He went to Ole Miss and has suddenly put on a ton of mass in a short time. Even if it is natural, it shows poor awareness in what type of body works in the NFL. I can't remember one instance of where being jacked helped an NFL WR.

Dude he was like that as a freshman. Look at his Sr. HS year pics and he was built like an NFL player back then.

I definitely think he's putting in TOO much work in the weight room.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
TO was built like a tank.
I will agree with that though I don't know that I ever saw TO and thought he looked jacked. He was very cut, but he never struck me like David Boston did or even Amari Cooper did this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
With no real production to meet the freak talent.

When I see guys bodies transform like that it always raises red flags.

First off, he didn't transform as quickly as people are making out. Google DK Metcalf (takes all of 5 secs) and you will find pics of him as a SR. in HS and you will see he was built like a monster back then.

Secondly, yeah he wasn't super productive but he was 1) hurt 2) was the deep threat.