Is Rosen a Kingsbury type QB

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I just don't think Rosen has the innate QB skills needed to succeed, he tends to throw into coverage, not very mobile in pocket to avoid sacks, mechanics are not consistent, I will admit he has a strong arm, but I don't think he is particularly a good leader, seems to have a very Jay Cutler way about him, aloof, very little emotion.

Murray's style of play making ability fits KK offense to a T.

Can you provide some examples that would categorize him as not being a very good leader?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't think Rosen has the innate QB skills needed to succeed, he tends to throw into coverage, not very mobile in pocket to avoid sacks, mechanics are not consistent, I will admit he has a strong arm, but I don't think he is particularly a good leader, seems to have a very Jay Cutler way about him, aloof, very little emotion.

Type of things someone may have said about GOFF after his first season.

(and would have been wrong.)

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
What do you mean he doesn't fit the offense? Kliff has had many different QB's with very different strengths/weaknesses. He adapts his playcalling to fit the strengths of each QB.

I cannot believe anyone is arguing against DRM08 on this...

CKK's QBs have been a mix of abilities...I hardly think Davis Webb fits the "elusive runner" mold that Murray fills (and has somehow become the prototype for CKK's version of the Air Raid)...

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

I'll reserve my judgement till a real coaching staff gets their hands on Rosen. Last year was a joke, can we all admit that and move on?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect K K offense will be much easier to run than that no offense ga
Great, can we put the Kyler Murray crap to rest now and focus on how we're going to trade back?
Michael Bedwell said today on the radio that out of all of the offense of candidates that interviewed for their head-coaching job Kliff Kingsberry was the only one who requested film of Josh Rosen and broke it down in front of them showing exactly what he could do to improve him.

How awesome is that?

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I cannot believe anyone is arguing against DRM08 on this...

CKK's QBs have been a mix of abilities...I hardly think Davis Webb fits the "elusive runner" mold that Murray fills (and has somehow become the prototype for CKK's version of the Air Raid)...

Nic Shimonek is another one in the Davis Webb mold. So is Tech's current QB Alan Bowman. We also have a dual threat guy named Jett Duffey on the roster, but he is nowhere near as accurate as Bowman. Jett is also a turnover machine in general. Lot of fumbles and INT's.

It's clear watching Rosen throw the ball that he has a lot of talent. I think he has plenty of ability to be very successful in Kliff's offense.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Great, can we put the Kyler Murray crap to rest now and focus on how we're going to trade back?
We're not trading back. It's silly.

Anyways, to Rosen, I think we definitely have our QB for next year. The most I could possibly see is the team investing in a rookie QB in mid-later rounds that has Air Raid experience.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nic Shimonek is another one in the Davis Webb mold. So is Tech's current QB Alan Bowman. We also have a dual threat guy named Jett Duffey on the roster, but he is nowhere near as accurate as Bowman. Jett is also a turnover machine in general. Lot of fumbles and INT's.

It's clear watching Rosen throw the ball that he has a lot of talent. I think he has plenty of ability to be very successful in Kliff's offense.
Love the Bowman kid. Duffey .... no thanks. He may be the player that got KK fired. :) Which is the Card's fans good fortune.

Reaction score
In Kingsbury’s case, Bidwill said, the coach actually asked to break down video with Bidwill, GM Steve Keim and scout Adrian Wilson to show the things Rosen needed to improve and what Kingsbury could do to make Rosen successful.

“Of all the coaches, he was the only one to say, ‘Bring the tape, we’re going to break down the tape,’ ” Bidwill said.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/am...el-bidwill-says-cardinals-to-build-around-fou

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Is Kingsbury a Rosen-type coach?

Yes, Kingsberry would have been salivating to win a recruiting war for the services of a talent like Rosen when at Texas Tech but instead had to find talent which others did not see and it's a testament to his ability to develop a QB with raw talent. My question is this, what can he do with a guy like Rosen who has more refine talent than a majority of his recruits which has me excited about the possibilities which the two can achieve

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

The bolded part is honestly what worries me about Josh. I don't like the all snearing and smirking.

I could be wrong though. Maybe his teammates love him, which is what counts the most.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyways, to Rosen, I think we definitely have our QB for next year. The most I could possibly see is the team investing in a rookie QB in mid-later rounds that has Air Raid experience.
Nobody is going to trade up to our pick to draft Murray. Everyone knows the 9ers aren’t drafting a qb and neither are the Jets. That might put the Raiders in the catbird s’est for Murray if THEY don’t want him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The bolded part is honestly what worries me about Josh. I don't like the all snearing and smirking.

I could be wrong though. Maybe his teammates love him, which is what counts the most.

Let me tell you a story. I have a friend who was a professor at The University of Texas for 50 years. When he was young teaching, he had a student which made a face at everything he said. It got to my friend so much, that at the end of the year he called the student into the office just to find out what he might be doing wrong and correct his teaching approach if what he was doing was affecting the classroom environment in a negative way. The student looked at him with the same expression and said ,"I cannot help it, I always look like this". I think citing his facial mannerisms opposed to his actions and words does not come close to establishing who the guy is

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me tell you a story. I have a friend who was a professor at The University of Texas for 50 years. When he was young teaching, he had a student which made a face at everything he said. It got to my friend so much, that at the end of the year he called the student into the office just to find out what he might be doing wrong and correct his teaching approach if what he was doing was affecting the classroom environment in a negative way. The student looked at him with the same expression and said ,"I cannot help it, I always look like this". I think citing his facial mannerisms opposed to his actions and words does not come close to establishing who the guy is
Amen!

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

Don't be so sure. I think its likely we trade back.

Nobody is going to trade up to our pick to draft Murray. Everyone knows the 9ers aren’t drafting a qb and neither are the Jets. That might put the Raiders in the catbird s’est for Murray if THEY don’t want him.

Keep in mind that teams will get nervous about other teams trading up further, making our pick the only sure bet to get your guy.

Murray's and Haskin's stock will rise after the combine. Happens every year with QB's. Do not be surprised if teams are clamoring for one come April. However i think it will be Haskins who a couple teams fall in love with. I have a feeling Murray will measure under 5'9." That and his baseball thing will hurt him in the process.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave