Might they trade down to 4 and get Kyler Murray

Maybe trade Rosen to Jacksonville for their pick

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
I don’t see the precise accuracy needed for his system

Trade Rosen to JAX for what pick their 2nd? You are taking Murray #1 overall at that point, nobody is trading for the #1 pick this year, unless its for a QB.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've been clear this is about Rosen developing

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't understand all the talk of trading Rosen and getting Murray. The odds of Murray failing are a lot higher than Rosen simply from a physical standpoint. Murray is going to look like a midget out there standing around the rest of the starters on offense. May I mention here that Rosen played in a offense that ran the ball between the center and guard over 70% of the time. Talk about a recipe for failure.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade Rosen to JAX for what pick their 2nd? You are taking Murray #1 overall at that point, nobody is trading for the #1 pick this year, unless its for a QB.

???
Oakland could move up for Bosa, a dire need.

I have yet to see one credible mock draft that has Murray as the #1 QB coming off the board.

Pre-combine, pre-draft hype and speculation at its best. IMO.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why we need another thread about this.
LOL. I agree. But this is going to be around until late April. The problem with the pro-Murray people is they seem to forget the cap ramifications with trading Rosen. I'd be alright with trading Rosen under one condition and that would be a boatload of picks, If somebody was to offer us this years #1 and #2 and next years #2 then I guess I would consider it and deal with the cap issue. But since that's not going to happen Fagget bout it!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Also, nobody is trading a 1st for Rosen. If this is the Cards plan, they are at a disadvantage now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Do people not realize trading Rosen all of a sudden creates $8+ million in dead cap space? That alone makes this purely fictional.

Rosen will get every opportunity to succeed and Kingsbury will build his offense around his strengths. He JUST turned 22--this week, lets not give up on the kid so quickly.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kingsbury has had a number of different QBs. Davis Webb isn't super mobile. Mahomes is, but he chooses to run less.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do people not realize trading Rosen all of a sudden creates $8+ million in dead cap space? That alone makes this purely fictional.

Rosen will get every opportunity to succeed and Kingsbury will build his offense around his strengths. He JUST turned 22--this week, lets not give up on the kid so quickly.

Totally agree and so do the Cards. They aren't drafting Murray or Haskins. They hired KK to develop Josh.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Rosen has plenty of ability to run Kliff's offense at a high level. I would be shocked if the front office doesn't even give it a chance.

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Are you convinced that Rosen is the guy that guy succeed in the NFL? I don't see it, as he does not fit Kingsbury offense.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
???
Oakland could move up for Bosa, a dire need.

I have yet to see one credible mock draft that has Murray as the #1 QB coming off the board.

Pre-combine, pre-draft hype and speculation at its best. IMO.
Again.... The same thing was said about Baker this time last year. Why is it so impossible to some that KM could turn this draft cycle into his own personal coming out party?

His ceiling is higher IMO. But his floor is much lower as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again.... The same thing was said about Baker this time last year. Why is it so impossible to some that KM could turn this draft cycle into his own personal coming out party?

His ceiling is higher IMO. But his floor is much lower as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

"Impossible"... no.

"Probable"... no.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don’t see the precise accuracy needed for his system

Rosen showed more accuracy in tight window throws in college and in intermediate passing than Murray did with a much bigger sample size than Murray in college and it's not fair to all of sudden judge Rosen by his dysfunctional situation last year in relation to a college QB who has not played one snap as a pro

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I just don't think Rosen has the innate QB skills needed to succeed, he tends to throw into coverage, not very mobile in pocket to avoid sacks, mechanics are not consistent, I will admit he has a strong arm, but I don't think he is particularly a good leader, seems to have a very Jay Cutler way about him, aloof, very little emotion.

Murray's style of play making ability fits KK offense to a T.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose