Lakers trade point guard Lonzo Ball to the Suns for (....)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow deadspin has a new article from about 20 minutes ago basically saying JJ oubre and bridges are all laughably worse than lonzo, it said the sun's should offer a couple of them and picks ! What a joke!
Its about our record. Doesn't matter what they think. Opposing gm's know.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lonzo is a better 3pt shooter than JJ but he needs to fix his FT. It’s very odd considering he was respectable solid at the line in college. Have you seen anything in his release that’s different from UCLA or is it too ugly to decipher? @Russ Smith

We talk about it o nUCLA boards regularly. I think it's in his head, the claim is he shoots much better in practice but if you watch him play he's literally avoiding fouls because he doesn't want to shoot FT's. The Lakers have been tinkering with his shot of course, videos from the summer prove that, but I think the FT is just mental. He was actually playing very good ball after LeBron got hurt and then he rolled the hell out of his ankle.

But he's got to fix that FT thing because the avoiding fouls is a real problem, it causes him to take difficult shots on the drive instead of just getting fouled.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I think everyone should start preparing for a trade that includes JJ and our pick, (w/protections this year).

On the bright side, Lonzo is only 15 missed free throws away from being a 75% FT ...... :)

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully its just the media using "'leaked" information just like Klutch does to get the media hype going for trades. The media ate every last bit of it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now they prey on the Suns. Please dont deal with them.

Imagine the psyche of the Lakers players now.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
So are the Lakers only looking to trade Ball to get AD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I think the pelicans are idiots, I'm all for not helping the lakers but the offers they got were not just fair, they were an over pay that would have had them set up for a very successful rebuild, if the lakers don't hop back in before the deadline the pelicans probably won't even get half that offer back for Davis in the summer

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Now's the time for the Suns to swoop in. Unprotected pick in 2019, MIL pick, lottery-protected pick 2022, Warren, Jackson, Arthur. Gamble that the big names Davis wants to play for will have moved on by the time he can opt out, and that the Suns have shown enough promise in the meantime that he figures he might as well take the money and see if he can make it work.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now's the time for the Suns to swoop in. Unprotected pick in 2019, MIL pick, lottery-protected pick 2022, Warren, Jackson, Arthur. Gamble that the big names Davis wants to play for will have moved on by the time he can opt out, and that the Suns have shown enough promise in the meantime that he figures he might as well take the money and see if he can make it work.

Then i think we can sign and trade him next year if Davis doesn't want to be with the Suns.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I believe Arthur was waived, so we don't have his salary slot for matching purposes.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then i think we can sign and trade him next year if Davis doesn't want to be with the Suns.

We already knows he doesn't. In fact I would not be surprised if he just flat out refused to play for us.

It is just stupid to even think about trading for him.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I actually hope this goes through. That's every young player the Lakers have, plus draft picks.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I actually hope this goes through. That's every young player the Lakers have, plus draft picks.

Then LeBron gets hurt again too next year.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Yeah, it's hard to imagine what the Pelicans' "outrageous" counter-demand was. What else would the Lakers be able to include?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, it's hard to imagine what the Pelicans' "outrageous" counter-demand was. What else would the Lakers be able to include?

Pick swaps for the interval years? The Brooklyn Special.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Pick swaps for the interval years? The Brooklyn Special.

I guess, but that would be a stupid thing for the Pelicans to get stuck on, since their own picks would be better than the Lakers' for at least the next few years.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
If they give up JJ for Ball I will boycott NBA for at least a year and just watch NFL. Right now I don't have time for both so I'm watching the miserable/talented Suns.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who wants LaVar Ball and his Travelling Spawn Show? He said he wants his sons to team up on the Suns...LOLOLOLOLOL. Of course, Sarver and his Rotating Clown Show probably will be interested and actually do it.

But, between Lonzo and Booker they still wouldn't have a point guard that's healthy for much of the time. So, status quo I guess.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who wants LaVar Ball and his Travelling Spawn Show? He said he wants his sons to team up on the Suns...LOLOLOLOLOL. Of course, Sarver and his Rotating Clown Show probably will be interested and actually do it.

But, between Lonzo and Booker they still wouldn't have a point guard that's healthy for much of the time. So, status quo I guess.

That's why you make sure you also get Melo and Gelo. Haven't you heard? That's a guaranteed championship!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wow, if they really offered that - that will be the deal. Pelicans are just seeing how desperate the Lakers are.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard