Lakers trade point guard Lonzo Ball to the Suns for (....)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Suns do not over spend on Lonzo if they go after him.

In regard to the draft, Lonzo he is reportedly out with an ankle injury until late February so he would have less negative impact on the Suns chances in the lottery.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope the Suns do not over spend on Lonzo if they go after him.

In regard to the draft, Lonzo he is reportedly out with an ankle injury until late February so he would have less negative impact on the Suns chances in the lottery.

How serious is his injury though? I question it's authenticity. Kind of odd how Lonzo is now out with an "injury" until after the All-Star break and so is TJ, TJ's came out of nowhere.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How serious is his injury though? I question it's authenticity. Kind of odd how Lonzo is now out with an "injury" until after the All-Star break and so is TJ, TJ's came out of nowhere.

This is a good question. I really don't know. However, if the Suns can get a starting point guard the Suns can afford to wait for him even if he is injured.

If there is a chance the Suns can draft 1 or 2, I want it.

I think this is type trade that would give the Suns a lift even if Ball does not play right now. IMO, the team needs a shot of adrenaline.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear someone constantly talk bad about sarver on ESPN rather than us talking amongst ourselves here! Let's get LaVar to Phoenix!

And I'd despise it. I'm a Suns fan, not an owner fan. Ridicule isn't going to chase Sarver out of Phoenix or he would have been gone by now. It's just going to chase away a few fans and a whole lot of free agents. Sarver won't sell until he's happy with the money he can make by doing so or he starts taking financial hits. But right now this franchise is making good money and will likely continue to do so during the life of this current TV deal and probably beyond.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be pissed if this happens.

Why? Disappointed makes sense but why pissed? We need a point guard desperately and we don't really have a place for TJ. Is Ball the answer? Nobody knows. But getting a 21 year old that excels at some aspects of the game for a player we really don't need and some cap space we probably can't take advantage of makes sense to me. Unless, of course, we have a better option in mind that is priced similarly. And if that's the case, I'd go that way just to avoid the possibility of Lavar.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I will be pretty upset if they trade JJ for Ball.

Not nearly as upset as I would be. Trading Jackson for Ball would be the last straw for me. I would stop rooting for this team after 43 years of being a diehard fan.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Pelicans are getting super greedy now.

They need to understand they have no leverage and deals don't get better they get worse

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's the consensus on Warren for Ball? Warren really impressed early with his newly discovered 3 point range, but he may still be expendable. I bet most of us would have been stoked to get Ball for Warren before the season started.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
agreed
The hell with that, tell the Pelicans to keep Ball and let them deal with the fallout. Why should the Suns pay a heavy price to be a facilitator?

I agree with this on principle... There's no reason to over pay for Ball at this moment in time...

The Suns should NOT trade their pick this year even top 5 protected, because not only have the odds been lowered, but they will now pick 4 spots instead of the traditional 3...

I am not thrilled Jackson's name is being thrown around in the first place, but the fact that they want MORE in ludicrous at this moment

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm. If it’s jackson a second is definetly as high as they should go.

Not sure how to feel about that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

did you see the game? he rolled it very badly, went down like he was shot, and had to be carried off. it's a grade 3 sprain.

this wasn't some soccer guy going down faking it he was seriously hurting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's the consensus on Warren for Ball? Warren really impressed early with his newly discovered 3 point range, but he may still be expendable. I bet most of us would have been stoked to get Ball for Warren before the season started.

I would be fine with it. Warren is one dimensional, and I think he always will be. Josh can be an all around good wing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about some sort of combination like Bender, Daniels and Suns top 5 protected 2019 first round pick and the Bucks pick.

That's two first round picks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I still would be.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
did you see the game? he rolled it very badly, went down like he was shot, and had to be carried off. it's a grade 3 sprain.

this wasn't some soccer guy going down faking it he was seriously hurting.

Nope, didn't see it. I found it curious that 2 players in trade rumors are being sat for injuries right now and at least in TJ Warren's case, the injury just sort of appeared without incident. I didn't look up the legitimacy of Lonzo's because I figured someone would know more on it. Thanks for being that someone! I guess my theory of TJ and Lonzo being sat until a deal goes through is false, at least for both of them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Pelicans are getting super greedy now.

They need to understand they have no leverage and deals don't get better they get worse

But for the Pelicans they have Boston sitting back and wishing they could make a real offer. I wouldn't be surprised to learn Ainge has already made his offer and told them he will honor it on draft night or something, if Davis isn't dealt elsewhere. So New Orleans has until the beginning of the offseason to make something happen. Davis is under contract all next season as well, they don't need to do anything now.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both, Doug and Wolf as well as Bickley and Marotta have scheduled inferviews with Lavar tomorrow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard