TJ Warren

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Great on how Warren worked on his game this summer to improve the range on his jump shot extending it to the 3pt line.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird to read that by Lowe because I felt Warren's defense has actually improved some this season.

I think it has improved but I'm surprised to read that, especially from Lowe. He's never come across as someone with an anti-Suns agenda and has spoken positively about Booker for a while. Of all the things to single out though, this seems odd. TJ looks a lot better. I don't think anyone is confusing him for an All-Star or anything but I don't understand why someone would waste that much space knocking him. If it was a local writer, fine, but not Lowe.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it has improved, especially from Lowe. He's never come across as someone with an anti-Suns agenda and has spoken positively about Booker for a while. Of all the things to single out though, this seems odd. TJ looks a lot better. I don't think anyone is confusing him for an All-Star or anything but I don't understand why someone would waste that much space knocking him. If it was a local writer, fine, but not Lowe.

TJ does look better but Lowe is right, he doesn't seem to follow the old "man and ball" instruction. The team defense breaks down when one or more players are unaware of ball.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TJ does look better but Lowe is right, he doesn't seem to follow the old "man and ball" instruction. The team defense breaks down when one or more players are unaware of ball.

I think you can get away with defense like that if you're the PG but not as a forward like TJ. It's better than it's been but he's still got a ways to go. I think the improvements shown this year are encouraging and if he managed to add a consistent, or good, 3pt shot this offseason then perhaps he can do the same with defense as time goes on.

He's not quite a finished product, like many suspected. Admittedly I thought TJ was sort of what you see is what you'll get but this last offseason has shown he's capable of adding to his game. I know he's younger but not quite as young as Booker but I think the way he plays makes it seem like he's older than he is. He has such an old school game that he seems like veteran rather than a piece of our young core.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I saw signs last season of TJ improving his defense. He's not a lock down guy, buy hardly a turnstile anymore. He actually battles on defense.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw signs last season of TJ improving his defense. He's not a lock down guy, buy hardly a turnstile anymore. He actually battles on defense.

I thought he always battled on defense. But he was always overpowered because he was one of the few who actually tried to defend and score last year. He took some shots last year. This year he seems to have some weight off his shoulders and doesn’t have to bang on D with some bigger pf’s.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I'm sure nobody saw this coming.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Last game, I saw a play where TJ had to take on Adams low post, and he stopped him from scoring! Then later I saw him isolated on Paul George and stopped him, too! This guy does not get love on defense.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's proving to be a solid signing. His rookie deal is done at this point and he's making real money but if we let him become restricted on the open market then I think we'd be paying him quite a bit more. He's a steal at $11-12 million a year for the next 4 years. To think Ariza is making $3-4 million more than TJ this year is ridiculous but Anderson making almost twice as much is criminal.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's actually improved defensively every year with just better technique and effort imo. Even last year, I thought he went from bad to average. This year I think he's probably our 2nd best wing defender after Bridges.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been really impressed with TJ's growth this season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As someone who liked the draft pick when made but thought he had already reached his ceiling last season count this as the lone pleasant surprise this season. Way to go TJ Warren!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has warren always had the "JR" on his jersey or is that new this year?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Great. Trade value just dropped considerably.
Why in the world would Igor make that public? Still another example of ignorance.

Why? Because the parade of unqualified General Managers and Head Coaches who have been hired and fired are ... unqualified General Managers and Head Coaches who have been hired and fired.

You get what you pay (or don't pay) for. :(

I don't think it is primarily about money. I think it is about the guy at the top hiring executives who won't challenge his lack of experience in sports management and oversized ego.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson