TJ Warren

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minor head injury, not a concussion. Post-traumatic vertigo? Can be caused by ear or neck damage.

Your guess is as good as any. I keep wondering why the Suns have been so quiet about it if it is minor.

I haven't been able to get ESPN to load for days even using different browsers. Everything else works just fine on my laptop. Anyone else having problems similar to mine or know the cause?

Errntknght

Reaction score
Your guess is as good as any. I keep wondering why the Suns have been so quiet about it if it is minor.

I haven't been able to get ESPN to load for days even using different browsers. Everything else works just fine on my laptop. Anyone else having problems similar to mine or know the cause?

No problems and I climbed all over it yesterday. I'm using Firefox

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problems and I climbed all over it yesterday. I'm using Firefox

I have Firefox as well. It's sort of weird because I can go anywhere but ESPN. I guess I will keep tinkering. I have used another browser with the same result.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
McDonough said last week that Warren will be out at least a couple weeks. My guess is that we won't see Warren play in 2016 again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McDonough said last week that Warren will be out at least a couple weeks. My guess is that we won't see Warren play in 2016 again.

Seeing it is already the end of November you are probably right. Since Warren is out, I would like for the Suns to bring up Derrick Jones Jr again to give him a taste of the NBA. He is not NBA ready but I would enjoy seeing him play more than some others.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I think we should give as much PT to Chriss, Bender and Ulis as possible. Perhaps limit them against overpowering opposing starters -- Chriss has been invisible in the starting five -- but against weaker opposition give them experience and confidence. So yeah... Tucker in the starting five with the three guards? I feel sorry for Earl Watson.

Go Suns!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Seeing it is already the end of November you are probably right. Since Warren is out, I would like for the Suns to bring up Derrick Jones Jr again to give him a taste of the NBA. He is not NBA ready but I would enjoy seeing him play more than some others.
If Bender is struggling to get any playing time at all even despite Warren's injury, then I don't think Jones Jr will fare any better.

Its a shame that Tucker's still on this team and eating up so many minutes, or else I'd much rather prefer Bender/Jones Jr to get all the SF minutes and learn and play through their mistakes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Bender is struggling to get any playing time at all even despite Warren's injury, then I don't think Jones Jr will fare any better.

Its a shame that Tucker's still on this team and eating up so many minutes, or else I'd much rather prefer Bender/Jones Jr to get all the SF minutes and learn and play through their mistakes.

I'm sure the Suns feel like players like Tucker, Chandler, Dudley and Barbosa help hold the team together. Maybe they do. In reality, how many young players can the Suns play? Tucker is a solid depth player but I do yearn for the excitement of watching young players.

Perhaps I should be watching some D-League games to get my fix. I believe the Northern Arizona Suns games can be found on video at the link below. I am going to try and kick back, enjoy the Suns games for what they are and let the season unfold. I do think the Suns will make some moves before the trade deadline which could be exciting.

http://northernarizona.dleague.nba.com/

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The two problems IMO are Knight and Tucker.

Getting rid of them would give us:

Bledsoe/Ulis
Booker/Barbosa
TJ/Dudley/Bender
Chriss/Bender/Williams
Chandler/Len/Williams

I'd be way more inclined to watch that team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed this about Warren but I can understand why the Suns have been so cautious. I didn't know he was in the hospital for several days.

It just so happens T.J. Warren will practice with the team Saturday for the first time since he left a Nov. 18 game at Indiana with what was later determined to be a head injury that kept him in the hospital for several days.

Warren has been working out individually on the court in recent days after not being able to exercise initially for the unspecified head injury. Warren needed a practice with contact before the Suns would consider clearing him for game action. A Saturday practice does not assure Warren will play Sunday’s home game against New Orleans but it indicates a chance and that he is close to playing regardless.

“He’s been doing a lot,” Suns coach Earl Watson said. “He does everything except for practice.’

This is from a Paul Coro article at azcentral dated 12-9-16.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
T.J. Warren (head) is expected to play off the bench against the Thunder on Saturday.
He's back after missing the last 13 games. Coach Earl Watson has hinted that Warren would likely be limited once he's back. Watson has also talked up the play of P.J. Tucker, who may actually be on Russell Westbrook for most of this game. While Warren may not be a full go and may not be a DFS option
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2360/tj-warren

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since pj has left, this guy has been killing it, back to the pre injury tj. Every mid range shot he takes you assume is going in

5 game, 17.5 pts, 67% fg

Suns should not mess around and extend him, not sure what it will take, 5 years 50 million?
Obviously having to worry about pj over his shoulder hurt him, hopefully if we take a sf, jackson or tatum, it won't hurt his produftion.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Since pj has left, this guy has been killing it, back to the pre injury tj. Every mid range shot he takes you assume is going in

5 game, 17.5 pts, 67% fg

Suns should not mess around and extend him, not sure what it will take, 5 years 50 million?
Obviously having to worry about pj over his shoulder hurt him, hopefully if we take a sf, jackson or tatum, it won't hurt his produftion.
5/50 is a pipe dream. He is worth far more than that IMO.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The thing is, if we posed this question 1 week ago, wouldn't some people have said 5 for 50 was too much?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think 5/70 is a bit more realistic. I'd really like to see him here long term but I'm not sure if locking him into an extension before next season is the right move unless the medical staff gives him a clean bill of health and he stays consistent through the end of the year. The consistency is the key.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's still a year away, but I don't see that kind of money out there for him. Wingers that can't shoot 3s and are not strong defenders don't exactly create bidding wars. If his 3 point shot evolves then he'll be a hot commodity but, despite how efficient he can be, I think most teams will question how to use him with the way the league is trending.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
So do we trade Bledsoe if we draft a PG? I'm leaning against yes because of the age difference and that Bledsoe is more of a combo guard.

Do we keep Warren if we draft a SF? Maybe. Warren is inconsistent and goes into a hole from time to time. Will he be effective as a bench player?

We had Ceballos and Dumas and that worked out okay, until Ceballos got hurt in the playoffs and then later traded (?) to the Lakers. Too bad Dumas couldn't get his act together. The guy was talented!

So yeah, I'm for drafting BPA save maybe a PF, and make the rookie earn the starting spot, at least in the first (half) season.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I think what TJ needs more than anything is a steady diet of Ulis! Booker, too. He is already helping them so imagine after they've played together a while and gotten fully synced up!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warren should be our 2nd option offensively for the rest of the season. We know what Bledsoe brings to the table as a scorer but he needs to show he can be an above average distributor, at least. There are a lot of good PG's at the top of the draft this year to choose from and I'd be surprised if the Suns didn't take one. Ulis has shown how much better everyone can be in a good offensive with the ball moving.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warren should be our 2nd option offensively for the rest of the season.
This holds true for this season as well. I think Ayton as the 3rd option would allow him to be more efficient and more importantly focus on defense.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
TJ Warren, man-watching

We hear all the time about ball-watching as a sin. It's easy to spot. It leads to backdoor cuts. It smacks (sometimes falsely) of greed: an obsession with possessing the ball so that one might then shoot it.

We hear less about the inverse: when a defender on the weak side fixates on his man, oblivious to the ball and any help responsibilities. You might call it man-watching. Coaches call it "hugging," and it can be just as damaging as ball-watching.

Warren is a serial hugger. That may not seem important: Warren isn't particularly big, stout, or long; is he really going to scare people by darting into the paint?

He might. Bodies flashing into the paint at the right moment make even the most powerful ball handlers pause. You can't just mow over people who get there first.

Warren is a gifted scorer. If his early-season 3-point bonanza proves real, he becomes a very dangerous offensive player -- even when he doesn't have the ball. But until he internalizes some basic principles of team defense, a lot of his game will be empty calories.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-including-kawhi-leonard-toronto-raptors-nba

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Weird to read that by Lowe because I felt Warren's defense has actually improved some this season.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Certainly hope his jumper is here to stay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson