BA to Tampa Bay heating up?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be awesome (extra pick(s)) for someone that wasn't going to coach for us anyway.

The downside - he would probably get Bowles at DC?

yep but its better like this
the old chestnut doesnt work a second time

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like BS lol... Has he even interviewed? And where do people think that we’re going to end up with more graphics because of it? Seems even more far-fetched if tamba has to give up draft picks in order to sign him LOL

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sounds like BS lol... Has he even interviewed? And where do people think that we’re going to end up with more graphics because of it? Seems even more far-fetched if tamba has to give up draft picks in order to sign him LOL
BA is still under contract since he retired...so we own his rights apparently....cant see it turn into anything more than a late round pick though really....I dont think MB and SK hate the guy and want to ruin his chances to continue his career....and thats what asking for a high pick would do.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tamba definitely wouldn’t give up graphics for a dude like BA.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think BA had a ton of influence on 1st Rd picks in AZ...and we see how all have turned out. Knowing that, it may actually be beni9for Tampa to give up their 1st rounder for BA...would probably get more out of it, immediately.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Worth noting that Arizona plays Tampa Bay this season, so I don’t think Keim is gonna give him away for peanuts

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Cardinals should get at least ONE second round pick IMO. Back when the Chiefs signed Dick Vermeil after he retired from the Rams with time on his contract,
the NFL awarded two 2nd round picks in consecutive years to the St.Louis Rams. Obviously the two teams can agree on compensation, but I'd expect no
less that a second rounder preferably THIS year. And the fact that Jason Licht and Steve Keim are on good terms doesn't lessen the price.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's high risk for the Bucs to hire BA. He is 66 years old and has had many health problems. Dumb to hire a coach that might only be there for one or two years. Additionally, he most likely will bring with him as coaches Goodwin, Bowles, Amos Jones and Leftwich. So who would take his place???

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think MB and SK hate the guy and want to ruin his chances to continue his career....and thats what asking for a high pick would do.
Like when the same team previously gave up two firsts, two seconds, and $8M... and immediately won the Super Bowl?

...dbs

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I think it's high risk for the Bucs to hire BA. He is 66 years old and has had many health problems. Dumb to hire a coach that might only be there for one or two years. Additionally, he most likely will bring with him as coaches Goodwin, Bowles, Amos Jones and Leftwich. So who would take his place???

From Jason Licht's perspective he's needs immediate results or he's out the door. He needs to win in 2019 and rekindle fans interest in the Bucs. B.A. would do the latter and who knows he might be able to get something out of Winston. The Bucs have plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball. If I'm a Bucs fan, I'd be excited about a B.A. hire with Freddie Kitchens as offensive coordinator and the head coach in waiting.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Like when the same team previously gave up two firsts, two seconds, and $8M... and immediately won the Super Bowl?

...dbs
yeah...go ahead and compare this Bucs team to that one. Makes sense.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Gruden cost two firsts. A second is hardly a fortune by comparison.

They will have to give up something or Cardinals won't release his rights (they would be idiots).

Here are some other trades involving coaches...even the Cardinals have done this before.

http://profootballdaly.com/trading-draft-picks-for-coaches/

1978 — Don Coryell from the Cardinals to the Chargers for a 1980 No. 3 (81st). Coryell returned San Diego to relevance with his Air Coryell offense and led the Chargers to back-to-back AFC title games (1980-81). He’s been a semi-finalist for Canton the last four years.

Who the Cardinals drafted: LB Charles Baker, who spent his entire 8-year career with St. Louis and started 62 games.

Could be deja vu.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
From Jason Licht's perspective he's needs immediate results or he's out the door. He needs to win in 2019 and rekindle fans interest in the Bucs. B.A. would do the latter and who knows he might be able to get something out of Winston. The Bucs have plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball. If I'm a Bucs fan, I'd be excited about a B.A. hire with Freddie Kitchens as offensive coordinator and the head coach in waiting.

Tampa has the offensive personnel right now to be successful with BA's system and a franchise QB that needs his guidance. Perfect story.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard