2018 1st round pick is Josh Rosen

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Rosen was put in a very difficult situation. I like his resolve. I think we made the right choice.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A lot of vitriol pointed his direction in the gameday thread. Patience. Rosen is in a very uncomfortable situation for a young QB. The 4th quarter of this game in which he went 12-18 150 yards 2 TDs and a 2-point conversion is proof that he has the goods.

R-E-L-A-X.
Yes. People citing Rosen as a problem don't get it.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think the kid is pressing too hard. He's trying to do too much, when he settles down and lets the game come to him he is better. I think the game is still going by at a brisk pace for him, and once the game slows down he'll be one to watch. My biggest concern has been his accuracy, I mean that was supposed to be the one thing the kid had. I just hope it is because he is pressing too hard to make the perfect pass.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards got worst oline in football combined with 3 rookies & 2 sophomores starters on offense. Let's also not forget about Gresham & JJ been completely useless. Not many superstar QBs going to look half decent on Sunday dealing with that situation let alone a 21yr old. Let's not forget he had to deal with McCoy the mad genius on top of that smh

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jury's still out - as it should be (He's a rook who'll wow you on one play and break your heart on the next).

Starting him isn't the worst thing in the world (It could accellerate his development and/or speed up the evaluation process).

I wouldn't be overly down on Rosen...nor would I anoint him King of the World. We should consider the down-time created by our awful record as "a gift" of time that allows the coaches to try different stuff and see how the kid does under fire.

Meanwhile, it mightn't hurt next year to bring in additional QB talent (as "insurance") if the right guy or guys are available at the right price.

As for me, I'd like to see more fewer mistakes and more consistently high-level of play from Josh before I'd feel comfortable handiing him the car keys for good. (i.e. too many weird things can happen to derail a QB's career).

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have read a lot of stupid stuff on this forum over the years and some of it came out of my mouth but if anyone here thinks they have the ante already on why Rosen is a failure for our franchise QB as a young pocket QB on this current infrastructure/ talent disaster need to get on a ship and sail for the edge of the world and fall off... don't worry, the world is not flat and you'll be alright till the draft to talk nonsense about drafting another QB in the first

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Fitzgerald coming back and Kirk having a year of experience is HUGE. Potentially adding Harry in the second round would be quite exciting. Larry has all the money in the world and could have gotten a job in the booth. I doubt he would have come back if he had no confidence in Rosen and thought there was a chance of being concussed as a result of an inept QB. Could be a total turnaround. I wouldn’t be surprised

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitzgerald coming back and Kirk having a year of experience is HUGE. Potentially adding Harry in the second round would be quite exciting. Larry has all the money in the world and could have gotten a job in the booth. I doubt he would have come back if he had no confidence in Rosen and thought there was a chance of being concussed as a result of an inept QB. Could be a total turnaround. I wouldn’t be surprised
Pass on Harry.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a Cardinal Karma shift - away from "no news is good news" toward "things are beginning to break our way for a change."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard