2018-19 Suns Roster Finalized Today

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since Crawford hasn't officially signed, the Suns are able to hold Reed a bit longer to work on a trade. I can't imagine the return being more than a 2nd rounder. I bet he probably gets waived.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Suns do not get a Disabled Player Exception for Arthur or maybe it doesn't matter in terms of what they want to do.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Crawford hasn't officially signed, the Suns are able to hold Reed a bit longer to work on a trade. I can't imagine the return being more than a 2nd rounder. I bet he probably gets waived.

I still think the Suns want to add a point guard if the Suns can trade or waive Reed.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Man, I remember me and someone else (I think PoopHead) catching a lot of crap when we suggested that Harrison is overrated by this board a couple of months ago, and daring suggest that the Suns will keep Canaan over Harrison.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess this means we can also chalk up Reed as another McD misfire.

I know it was only a second round pick, but I was irritated at the time that we passed on Jordan Bell for him. Bell would probably be a rotation player here by now, if not a starter.

The misfires are really adding up.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So it's past the deadline. Who else got cut?They needed to cut two players, they signed one, and cut two. One still needs to go, no?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So it's past the deadline. Who else got cut?They needed to cut two players, they signed one, and cut two. One still needs to go, no?

Reed is going.

I guess they have not signed Crawford as of now, Reed has to go first, and they are still trying to trade him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they were adding up for a very long time before that. I'm crossing all fingers that Igor wasn't another.

In this case I'm hoping James Jones and Robert Sarver had input. Yes, I said Sarver. :eek:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
they were adding up for a very long time before that. I'm crossing all fingers that Igor wasn't another.
The difference is that Igor's pedigree FAR outweighs anyone else's at this point. We haven't had comparable pedigree since Gentry at the very least. And he was the last coach I genuinely liked.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference is that Igor's pedigree FAR outweighs anyone else's at this point. We haven't had comparable pedigree since Gentry at the very least. And he was the last coach I genuinely liked.

i hope you're right. but it was still a decision that likely came at least in part from the guy who seemed pretty clueless about the overwhelming majority of his moves, both in player personnel and coaching staffs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i hope you're right. but it was still a decision that likely came at least in part from the guy who seemed pretty clueless about the overwhelming majority of his moves, both in player personnel and coaching staffs.
True, but this and the pick of Ayton are the only 2 moves this summer I wholeheartedly agree with. Even after he's been fired.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad Harrison is gone but a little bummed Reed is. Perhaps we can bring him back on a Two-Way deal. I like that better than bringing Harrison back on one. We already have 2 project PG's and since Harrison can't shoot or do much offensively it would take too much time to try and develop him. That time can be better served working with Okobo and Melton more. Canaan won out because of experience it seems.

I guess that disabled player exception wasn't coming for Arthur. They probably heard back on that because if they hadn't then they could wait a few more days to sign Crawford officially while waiting to hear back from the league office. His roster spot would be free once that was approved.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm glad Harrison is gone but a little bummed Reed is. Perhaps we can bring him back on a Two-Way deal. I like that better than bringing Harrison back on one. We already have 2 project PG's and since Harrison can't shoot or do much offensively it would take too much time to try and develop him. That time can be better served working with Okobo and Melton more. Canaan won out because of experience it seems.

I guess that disabled player exception wasn't coming for Arthur. They probably heard back on that because if they hadn't then they could wait a few more days to sign Crawford officially while waiting to hear back from the league office. His roster spot would be free once that was approved.

I would take Reed or just about any project power forward for the other two-way spot over Harrison.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. They have the luxury of waiting on Crawford to see what might become available. Reed makes the most sense.

Not a misfire with Reed. He was a second round pick. They rarely stick.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True, but this and the pick of Ayton are the only 2 moves this summer I wholeheartedly agree with. Even after he's been fired.

I liked the Dudley trade, which also landed us Holmes. That was 2 separate trades, Dudley for Arthur and then cash for Holmes, but I think that was a positive. Holmes might not be much more than a backup but he is a real Center and going into the season with only Chandler backing Ayton would have meant using Bender at 5 a lot. It seems like Holmes can be a very poor man's version of Ayton for 15 minutes a night and keep the Suns playing similarly on both sides of the floor.

Not a lot to be excited about this offseason though. Ayton was a great move, and a no brainer. Even being a no brainer decision though it seemed like the Suns could have screwed it up, somehow.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep. They have the luxury of waiting on Crawford to see what might become available. Reed makes the most sense.

Bell and Ojeleye were there for the picking. Either would be a rotation player for us. Major misfire, in my opinion.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think it's fair to call Reed a misfire because he was a 2nd round pick and like you said, they often don't stick. He also suffered another injury to his knee, his second in three years. You can't predict injuries like that. It talks about Reed a lot more and how he might have been used if he hadn't gotten hurt again.

He did really well in SL last year and Watson planned on him being Booker's backup. I know, Earl Watson, but his Summer League performance showed he was a promising rookie with potential. After he got hurt the Suns made the Daniels trade so it seems like they did plan on using Reed or why else would they add a backup SG like Daniels after Reed's injury. He seemed like a good kid though and I hope he gets a shot elsewhere. If he doesn't get picked up anywhere then maybe he can join our G-League team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Suns roster again it looks like:

Point guard:

Canaan
Crawford
Okobo
Melton

Shooting guard:

Booker