Locker room unhappy

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
https://foxsports910.iheart.com/fea...-a-bad-mood-and-energy-in-the-cardinals-room/

Hate this i Heart format, but Bob McManaman talks about the discontent in the locker room - especially with the offense (but really across the board).

Pretty much tears into the coaching staff, how poorly the team has gotten so quickly, how several players didn't like the handling of Bradford, etc. Fearing the locker room will get toxic after a few more losses, especially if the coaches don't have any answers.

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I listened to the interview a few times. I am stunned at how bad the vibe is inside the locker room. I hope MacManaman is wrong.

Just stunned and speechless like the hosts of that interview. My o My

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My biggest fear is that Wilks is completely devoid of what is needed on offense, even to get a replacement for McCoy. Like Spags when he coached the Rams and didn't really know what was going on 'that side of the house' when the offense struggled.

Thanks for the awesome BA replacement plan that you pretty much had an entire year to plan for, Keim and Bidwill.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’m not really shocked.

1)First of all this offense was historically bad with Bradford in the lineup & has only slightly getting better.

2) The defense has been thrashed every game by less than stellar offenses.

3) stud RB Johnson has showed occasionally during games his frustration due to touches and/or lack of production

4) HOF WR Larry Legend has been an afterthought & clearly ignored by this coaching staff regardless of hammy issues & stares his career lows by a long shot if his pace continues

5) the coaching has been abysmal

With the upcoming offenses we’re going to face on the road it can get worse if the losing continues imo. If it does, Wilks could very lose this team

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just saw a clip of a mic'ed up Antoine Bethea from the 49'ers game saying to Patrick Peterson on the sidelines after Petersons interception..."why didn't you cut back?" referring to Patrick's run back effort.

Wow!!!! Really...a teammate asking you that after a huge momentum building play?????

He then goes on to say to Patrick..."the LSU P I know would've taken that one to the house. He would've cut back!"

Peterson's response was something like.. "there were two 49'ers behind me".

WHAT!!!!!!!!!????????

There was something odd about that run back after the interception. Just looked weird. Then it got even weirder when Patrick ran to do some sort of weird pose with a couple other Cardinals for the cameras.

Yeah...this team under Wilks is in full disarray.

It's toward the end of this VIDEO if you haven't seen it.

Also...maybe I'm in the minority here...it just seemed weird to me and in my mind perhaps further illustrates the state of confusion this team is in under this new coaching staff and system.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw a clip of a mic'ed up Antoine Bethea from the 49'ers game saying to Patrick Peterson on the sidelines after Petersons interception..."why didn't you cut back?" referring to Patrick's run back effort.

Wow!!!! Really...a teammate asking you that after a huge momentum building play?????

He then goes on to say to Patrick..."the LSU P I know would've taken that one to the house. He would've cut back!"

WHAT!!!!!!!!!????????

There was something odd about that run back after the interception. Just looked weird. Then it got even weirder when Patrick ran to do some sort of weird pose with a couple other Cardinals for the cameras.

Also...maybe I'm in the minority here...it just seemed weird to me and in my mind perhaps further illustrates the state of confusion this team is in under this new coaching staff and system.

They were joking around.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
In the closing stages of the season, after Rosen has shown progress but McCoy is stil holding the whole offense back, Leftwich should get a shot at calling plays. I have a feeling that he might be the solution.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A coaching staff loses a locker room for one reason and one reason only - a bunch of professionals who have been coached by other professionals knows when someone is faking it. They recognize this staff stinks. Other losing teams, even past cardinals teams, didn’t have a toxic locker room 5 games into a new regimes first season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

WHAT!!!!!!!!!????????

Actually I agree with Bethea. All Peterson had to do was beat the qb and he would have had a td. He didn't even try.

Peterson should never again be put back to return a punt after that effort.

Also, what the hell is wrong with him wanting to celebrate like it's 1999 every time he makes a play. I am losing respect for him, seems like he is more interested in self promotion than winning.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Actually I agree with Bethea. All Peterson had to do was beat the qb and he would have had a td. He didn't even try.

Peterson should never again be put back to return a punt after that effort.

Also, what the hell is wrong with him wanting to celebrate like it's 1999 every time he makes a play. I am losing respect for him, seems like he is more interested in self promotion than winning.

He brings the entire defense in with him to celebrate...and they all look happy to be there...I think they are just trying to have fun during a difficult time.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cardinals are a mess ... a big bad mess that even Molly Maids couldn't clean up at this point.

The D has been on the field 75% of the games...and they should be mad

The O has been one of the worst in NFL history and not shown ANY progress...no one play does not change who they are...after 5 turnovers they still only managed 10 first downs....the O isn't the sludge at the bottom of a lake...no they'd have to gain 40 levels to get to be that sludge. This offense is the stuff the world health organization fears of spreading and infecting. With all that talent and coaching, they manage to put together an offense a 5th grader could put a defense against.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
So I am not the only that has been saying this? I shut up because it wasn’t worth my time to read how others thought I was a so and so - rolls off like water off a cardinal fan - Rosen is a fine rookie but is not better than Bradford yet - coaches seem to think they can blow off the preseason and start out with a top running game? You can’t - DJ did not play for almost a year - our run game sucks- great play action on the first play of the game and then pfffttt again.

I don’t care if it’s Rosen, Bradford , brees or brady- pffft will happen more plays than not - it is disrespectful to veteran nfl defensive coaches, players and teams to expect to out perform them with any qb without earning play action through a full dimensional offense it’s aassing league- but rushing is still the engine of all perineal playoff teams offenses. It’s hard it’s suppose to be hard - just like ED commercials say! Has Wilks or McCoy ever decided on an offense yet?

I can’t tell - I know we’re still passing 2-1 and it doesn’t look good for cards. This team was unprepared in the offseason and preseason to play regular season in all phases of the game- our potentially great defense is coming together 5 games into the season - and that is poor staff insight, judgement and making poor coaching decisions. It reflects even poorer on the front office and ownership that hired it.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I’m being selfish, but at my age, I’m not about to sit around watching this garbage football for 3 years to supposedly be fair to Wilks. Most on this board understand that the likelihood of Wilks turning this hot mess around might be 5%. At least if we go 1-15, we have a chance that Michael will clean house & we can sell a prospective good coach that we’re just a couple years removed from being a legit franchise. The longer Wilks is around, the greater the chance we won’t be able to attract a HC that is legit. And, oh by the way, NO MORE DC/HC types.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose