Khalil Mack on the block?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Feel better now? Your second post did say Donald was a good or better than Mack, which wasn't apparent by your first post (at least not to me). Peace.

There is no peace unless the argument is won, right?

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
this is sports chat
Naw, there's only peace if you keep your opinion to yourself on an opposing fans place. I forgot myself when I thought I could express an opinion here as a Rams fan. No big thing.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is sports chat

Naw, there's only peace if you keep your opinion to yourself on an opposing fans place. I forgot myself when I thought I could express an opinion here as a Rams fan. No big thing.

You are welcome as long as you are respectful that this is a Cards site

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hamster it up all you want buddy. What I wrote makes perfect sense, sorry you cannot wrap your head around it.

Funny thing is you are so up in your own butt, you do not realize that I am saying Donald is in the same category and is better than Mack. If you are going to be defensive about everything stated, then go back to your team's board.

uh... count me as one who read you saying "most means every single player in the league" as Mack's better than every single player in the league.

arguing otherwise makes very little sense Rug.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
You are welcome as long as you are respectful that this is a Cards site
What exactly does that mean, really? Constrain your thoughts/insights within certain parameters? I could say something stupid as a Cards fan that would be overlooked by all here, but would not be overlooked as a Rams fan. Not complaining, because it's that way at other forums as well. It is, what it is.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
What exactly does that mean, really? Constrain your thoughts/insights within certain parameters? I could say something stupid as a Cards fan that would be overlooked by all here, but would not be overlooked as a Rams fan. Not complaining, because it's that way at other forums as well. It is, what it is.

This is a pretty tough board, if you say something overly optimistic for the Cardinals, there are a couple posters who are going to let you know you've been drinking too much Cardinal Koolaid.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, thoughtful discussion, bragging if you win, ok. Trolling with comments like "Cardinals Suck" would not be welcome.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
This is a pretty tough board, if you say something overly optimistic for the Cardinals, there are a couple posters who are going to let you know you've been drinking too much Cardinal Koolaid.
All I gotta say, is WHAT'S WRONG WITH KOOL AID!?
You must be registered for see images attach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I love Aaron Donald, and was a believer since he was at Pitt. That being said, edge rushers are still more valuable than interior rushers, even if the gap is much smaller than it used to be. It is based on how difficult it is to get extra help on that player. Edge players are more difficult to double than interior players, and to do so, you have to use a player with weaker blocking skills. Due to that, while Donald may be the best interior defensive lineman in football, I can't say he is "better" than Chandler Jones, Khalil Mack and/or Von Miller as their positions are technically more valuable.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
I love Aaron Donald, and was a believer since he was at Pitt. That being said, edge rushers are still more valuable than interior rushers, even if the gap is much smaller than it used to be. It is based on how difficult it is to get extra help on that player. Edge players are more difficult to double than interior players, and to do so, you have to use a player with weaker blocking skills. Due to that, while Donald may be the best interior defensive lineman in football, I can't say he is "better" than Chandler Jones, Khalil Mack and/or Von Miller as their positions are technically more valuable.
Or...Great Interior Defenders make it easier for Edge Rushers to get sacks when QB's are flushed out of the pocket? As for value, we have a poster at ROD who operates a fishing boat out of Florida, and he took HOF player Warren Sapp on a trip. Sapp thinks that Donald is better than he was as a 3 technique DT, which is as about a high level of praise as I can think. But, differing views each have their merits...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

It's interesting. I think that interior rushers are actually MORE valuable, because they make everyone around them better. There are fewer impact interior rushers than there are edge rushers. I think a FOOTBAW GUY would tell you that he'd rather have an elite DT than an elite edge rusher. They just are harder to build a defense around somehow — I think it's because they have to give high effort on every down.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would trade Patrick P for him. And probably a pick to go along with him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed. I'd much rather give up a 1st/2nd for Mack and spend buku dollars there than give Golden a big contract.

Mack/CJ on opposite sides of the defense would make them ferocious.

+1 but I would personally pay to have all 3 of them on the team with the cap space we have coming to us.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This is never going to happen. But if you could pair Mack with Jones. I think we’re knocking on the Super Bowl door every year.

Rams1Fan

Rookie
Reaction score
If Mack gets traded my guess is the Jets get him. They need the splash and will spend stupid money. They made the biggest offer to Suh and he's 30.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Whatever the case, the Cards Front Office and the Raiders have been frequent trade partners in a lot of aspects but we do not have what it would take (or rather willing and I sure the hell would not trade Peterson while he can still run) to do any deal but I would not be shocked if the Niners where part of a scenario

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson