Kings vs Suns SL Game Thread 7/7/18

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a game where so many guys have ran into eachother and ended up on the floor

Sloppy

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm missing Canaan about right now. Even Ulis would be an improvement.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giles was drafted last year, right? He's looked pretty good for Sacramento so far.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone miss Mike James this year? Surprised I haven't seen him mentioned yet.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A) holy crap where did joe mama come from?!?

B) wow I’m shocked at your opinion. Who did you prefer in the draft?

I couldn't take it. I'm so frustrated. I at least thought judging by his numbers he would be able to rebound decently. That might be what I'm most frustrated with here. He doesn't even get pushed under the basket every time. He just walks himself there. He looks clueless.

I wonder what they could have gotten for that draft pick. It would have taken a giant giant pair to pass on him. Perhaps after all the research they've done on himthey feel like he can really be coached up to reach his potential. that's supposed to be one of the strengths of this coaching staff and I know people are really high on them. The 2 guys I like most were Bamba and JJ Jr.. I love Bamba. That said Ayton has very little basketball training and if they can get into that physical potential BOTH ENDS OF THE COURT holy moly.

Trying to walk myself off the ledge right now. I'm mostly just disappointed that he's so raw. He looks just lost to me. Offense I'm not worried about it all. I mean he's totally lost there as well , butI definitely think with a decent veteran PG (not BK) our offense will be really good. I am only focusing on his defense and rebounding. Okay, I guess what I'm saying is that even though I was fine with him at #1 and very excited I thought he would be much better if they took him there.

Well so far in this game I'm even more concerned then after the first.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Giles was drafted last year, right? He's looked pretty good for Sacramento so far.
Yeah he was really highly rated recruit for duke that had an injury prior to freshman year that made him essentially useless for that year and last. He might be a nice gem

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton, like all of us, has no clue what Shaq is trying to do off picks.

Last on, he stayed high, was left alone, Shaq dribbled into the double, time before, Ayton rolls to the hoop, alone, Shaq ignores him, time before that, Ayton gets the double... Shaq passes into the double for a turnover.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Ayton is showing that he played Power Forward at UofA and will need to be trained to adapt back to the post.

I don't think it will be a problem. This is just the beginning.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone miss Mike James this year? Surprised I haven't seen him mentioned yet.
This isn’t last years coaching and roster where people were trying to solidify a roster spot. This years squad and coaching are set.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I couldn't take it. I'm so frustrated. I at least thought judging by his numbers he would be able to rebound decently. That might be what I'm most frustrated with here. He doesn't even get pushed under the basket every time. He just walks himself there. He looks clueless.

I wonder what they could have gotten for that draft pick. It would have taken a giant giant pair to pass on him. Perhaps after all the research they've done on himthey feel like he can really be coached up to reach his potential. that's supposed to be one of the strengths of this coaching staff and I know people are really high on them. The 2 guys I like most were Bamba and JJ Jr.. I love Bamba. That said Ayton has very little basketball training and if they can get into that physical potential BOTH ENDS OF THE COURT holy moly.

Trying to walk myself off the ledge right now. I'm mostly just disappointed that he's so raw. He looks just lost to me. Offense I'm not worried about it all. I mean he's totally lost there as well , butI definitely think with a decent veteran PG (not BK) our offense will be really good. I am only focusing on his defense and rebounding. Okay, I guess what I'm saying is that even though I was fine with him at #1 and very excited I thought he would be much better if they took him there.

He does look like he’s just drifting. But he made a nice pass to the elbow out of hat double team but benders now in his own head and hesitated instead of just shooting the open jumper. Then he compounds the error throwing it outta bounds. Sheesh bender just looks like a disaster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand your frustration. Let's hope Ayton improves with a better point guard.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton to Bender. Bender throws a pass to someone at the corner sideline.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Joe Mama I think you're overreacting. Yesterday he played well on both ends, 8 boards in his PT was plenty. I especially liked that he didn't force things, he faced a lot of doubles and kicked back out.

Tonight... it's ugly, but with how totally inept the guards are at passing I don't know what he's supposed to do. Harrison has been a mess.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

It's 1.5 games into the SL...take a deep breath...it'll be ok.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Ayton is fine. He is the best passer on the court sadly. You saw his athleticism and quickness jumping that pass. Have you ever seen a center do that? He NEEDS coaching and to put on some muscle, which we already knew. He is also getting no help from teammates with ball placement and their erratic play. He just out rebounded 3 guys and got fouled. Im not worried about rebounding, only positioning

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bagley looks to have something to prove. No motor issues, has some handles. Definitely going to be a nightmare matchup for some teams.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I also think that minus the body language and missed dunks, people would still be somewhat bullish on Chriss.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A) Yeah, I wondered that, too.

B) And I wonder if he's serious about his 1st game evaluation of Ayton.

Absolutely stand by it and this looks even worse. To make me even more upset Bender and Jackson are making me sad. I've never wanted somebody to succeed as badly as Bender and I still think he's overly criticized. Then he does something totally goofy looking and I just can't defend it.

Here's my fear. DA may put up bigger numbers, but guys like Bamba, JJ Junior, and Doncic are going to shift click really be doing the things that translate to W's. it's going to be years if ever before DA is doing them.

BTW I'm still wishy-washy about what I would have done with this #1, but last year I would have absolutely taken LM. He would look great with this team, of course who knows how having him instead of Jackson would have changed our getting the #1. I also loved the trade to get bridges. It's painful because we should have had that draft pick already, and even though it really makes no sense I'll be hoping that Miami is still a playoff team by the time it comes to fruition.

Oh yeah, I'm disappointed there wasn't a confrontation after Harry Giles undercut Reed there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bordow has said that Booker, Ulis, and Knight are all in attendance for this game as well. He didn't say they were all together, just made separate tweets for all them. I'm not linking all 3 of them here. Thought I'd mention that they're there though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard