Kings vs Suns SL Game Thread 7/7/18

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Game starts at 4:30 Arizona time and will be on ESPN.

Will get to see Bagley vs Ayton hopefully at least a few times throughout this game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here for watching Young go down in flames jk but hopefully he gets it together

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here for Hawks-Knicks...Kevin Knox looks fantastic!

I was thinking Knox would take off once he turned pro. Sort of like Tatum blossomed after he started playing in the NBA. I'm not comparing the two players other than they are better pros than college players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Young doesn't look bad but it's amazing how fragile he looks. He will need to get stronger and add muscle. Watching him play now, he is more slight than I imagined.

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Looking pretty good right now. Playing much more under control in this game. Unfortunately Dorsey is hogging the ball.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Bordow is being a bit of a homer but I like Okobo as well. However, I'm not going to stick out my neck this far. Time will tell.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Perhaps Bordow is being a bit of a homer but I like Okobo as well. However, I'm not going to stick out my neck this far. Time will tell.

A "bit" of a homer? ;)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Game starts at 4:30 Arizona time and will be on ESPN.

Will get to see Bagley vs Ayton hopefully at least a few times throughout this game.
I wonder if Ayton will be double-teamed on offense as he was right from the start of his first game yesterday.

I guess the only antidote is kicking out for 3-point shots and hoping our guys make them and force them to stick to their man and not trade 3's for 2's.

If he is double teamed, I think/hope he is clever enough to play good defense (stay out of foul trouble), rebound, find opportunity shots and see how that develops.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many games are played before the tournament starts? I thought there was only like 3 or 4 games but I'm not sure. Thought someone here would know.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many games are played before the tournament starts? I thought there was only like 3 or 4 games but I'm not sure. Thought someone here would know.

My understanding is that they play 3 games to determine tournament seeding and then all teams are guaranteed at least 2 games in the tourney.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, he's being a good natured homer. Okobo's first game wowed me and Young has been playing wild and laying bricks... but I think if Atlanta offered a swap I'd probably take it.;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking for confirmation. The best source I could find was from Wikipedia. The source is NBA.com.

The 2018 Las Vegas NBA Summer League is the official summer league of the National Basketball Association. The league will be held at the Thomas and Mack Center and Cox Pavilion in Las Vegas, Nevada on the campus of University of Nevada, Las Vegas. It will begin on July 6 and end on July 17. For the first time in league history all 30 teams will participate.[4] With every team participating, the event will expand to 82 games in 12 days. Teams will compete in a tournament style schedule in three preliminary games before seeding in a tournament; each team will play at least five games and as many as eight games. The event will conclude with the 2018 NBA Summer League Championship game on July 17.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NBA_Summer_League

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/30/2018-summer-league-dates-official-release

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s with all the damn laker fans taking all the space

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trae Young is starting to look like himself today with 17 points, 11 assists and only 3 turnovers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren, Chriss and Canaan are here watching the game. I'd like for the Suns to add Canaan if they can find room.

Last edited:

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Upper decks are filling up. This is the most crowded game so far this year by the looks of it. Not as crazy as Lonzo Lakers games last year though.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Young's passing is beautiful. He, Booker and Ayton would make an incredible trio. I don't care about the defensive question marks, the team would drop a beautifully efficient 120 a night.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson