Tyrann Mathieu: "No way I'm taking a pay cut."

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
it's going to be an incentivized contract with little guaranteed. i think his agent did him wrong, but we'll see. gambo said other teams were game planning to go after TM, the league knows his value.
Yup. There are plenty of teams who will sign him, but getting the $42mil (even if it was reduced to say $35mil) is going to be tough. He'll probably get a signing bonus with a low salary and the rest performance incentives.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Badger had a good year and a half of career, last year he was ... what many here claimed ... a liability.

He isn't a CB and he isn't a Safty, in the Slot he is to slow on the oudside to small and as safty not sound enough.

I think expect some surprise no one is giving him 9Mio a year and even 7 is a stretch. 6 is something he could get from the Saints or the Giants, Jets but else, I don't think that he is that good, that he can command so much money on a quite saturated market.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Badger had a good year and a half of career, last year he was ... what many here claimed ... a liability.

He isn't a CB and he isn't a Safty, in the Slot he is to slow on the oudside to small and as safty not sound enough.

I think expect some surprise no one is giving him 9Mio a year and even 7 is a stretch. 6 is something he could get from the Saints or the Giants, Jets but else, I don't think that he is that good, that he can command so much money on a quite saturated market.

A week ago or so I said 5-8 mill a year for 2-4 years. Yeah a big range, but it all depends on the market, whether his injury history, small stature, and recent play factor in.

NFLN this morning mentioned we offered him 8 mill a year to stay. They didn't elaborate past this. We offered him a fair restructure.

He didn't have to accept, but pride might have screwed himself out of a few million. I see him hard pressed to get more then that, and if he doesn't get significantly more, he should of just accepted it and stayed.

Whatever the numbers are, we'll have to look at how it is actually structured. Given the lack of movement on the safety market, it's going to be a buyers market for teams at the safety position.

Oh god as I typed this (about 20mins behind) on NFLN, Deion is screaming free Patrick Peterson. All because we got rid of HB? Shut up Deion!

Deion called HB the best safety in football. :doi:

Good luck HB.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
signed a one year deal with the Texans

no word on how much--- maybe a reported $8mm kinda figure that really is a $5 with incentives kinda deal is my guess

Last edited:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He might want to consider a new agent. He was guaranteed at least $19mil for 2018 & 2019 with the Cards and maybe a little less if restructured. Now he's in a 1yr prove it deal with Houston. Good luck, i hope it works for ya.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, he just left about 16-18 million on the table as the Cards were between 8-9 and he still had 3 more years left.

This might have been his last shot at a big payday and he whiffed.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s gonna need a breakout season with a new system, teammates, in a new city/conference to score his next big contract.

Tony Jefferson had a disappointing season with his new team the Ravens.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s gonna need a breakout season with a new system, teammates, in a new city/conference to score his next big contract.

If he doesn't, that'll be three bad years in a row and a ticket to the 2-3 million prove it deals the rest of his career.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
again, waiting the see the $ -- but if it were large i suspect the agent would have released the headline figure-- so i think its pretty average

human nature: far easier to take less from someone new than a pay cut from current employer

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
again, waiting the see the $ -- but if it were large i suspect the agent would have released the headline figure-- so i think its pretty average

human nature: far easier to take less from someone new than a pay cut from current employer
Already reported on Cards website as 1 year for $7 million.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison