Cards get Adrian Peterson in trade with New Orleans

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll tell you another guy on would go after who is not playing. But I think would. Darrell Revis. All he has to do is cover a 2 WR. .... Or id trade for a good CB.

You know I heard Jerry rice and Montana were available too.

Come on, revis has completely shown he is done, why do you think he is unemployed.

As far as ap, you can at least make the argument he hasn't got enough touches the last two years to definitively show he is done, but the coaches see him in practice if they legit thought he could help he would be playing.

But it really does not matter if he is done or not, no running back will be successful with this line, and any NFL gm should know enough not to trade for a back with this line.

The only reason to do this is an attempt to fool casual fans into maybe spending some money on ap jerseys or something, although I doubt that will cover his salary.

No, I can't think of any reason to do this other than total denial or incompetence, and both are very troubling.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think this had potential to be big. All we need is this year....if he can get us 70-75 yards a game even. He tore his ACL and ran for 2000 yards 7 months later....he is a freak of nature. He is hungry...he is hyped I bet to get another chance....he is a good blocker.....so what if it costs a 6th or 7th rounder....we have had good luck kicking the treads on old qbs ....if he is 70% of what he was....we win on this.
He won't be hyped once he gets blasted at the LOS repeatedly!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time will tell. I guarantee you that just having AP line up behind CP, will prevent defenses from coming at Palmer guns a blazing

If you really think defenses are scared of AP anymore give me some of what you're smoking please

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hopefully BA can have a little patience in the run game. If it ain’t going well in the first couple of quarters he should not totally abandon it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is a no-lose situation for the Cards. The offense and running game is dead last in the NFL - by a mile! We are dead last in Red Zone TD's. We have ONE rushing TD all season... If AP does well, it MIGHT cost the Cards a 5th rounder, otherwise we're looking at a 6th or 7th, or a Compensatory Pick...
The hope is clearly that we get DJ Hump and Boone back soon. TJ Logan is supposed to be back in the next 3-4 weeks. Dump Kerwynn and probably Penny to the Practice Squad. And what's the damage/risk? None...

Personally, I don't see this doing much at all as our o-line is just that bad. But if AP can somehow pose a legit threat - unlike Emmitt Smith - where the opposing defenses are forced to put more bodies in the box, there is a chance Palmer can begin to exploit that defense with mid-range in's/slants. Unlikely of course... but again, with zero risk, why not take the shot?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like it. I had suggested it about a week ago. In the run the ball thread:

The RB's on the roster are nearly as bad as the OL. That doesn't make for much of a run game. Williams is no good, CJ is old, Penny is slow, and Ellington like to emulate JJ Arrington.

If I was the Cards, I would NO a 7th round pick and see if they could AP in here until DJ gets backs in the mix. It won't happen but it's something they should explore.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He fell to 3rd string right? If this fails spectacularly this will either mean Peterson had nothing left or our o-line is awful at run blocking. Maybe both.

Let Adrian Peterson surprise...please. Just not holding my breath.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Maybe now they will send a 2nd round pick to KC to re-acquire Sherman to play FB! That would be the way this hilarious story ends the Cardinal way lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Maybe now they will send a 2nd round pick to KC to re-acquire Sherman to play FB! That would be the way this hilarious story ends the Cardinal way lol

I said the same thing earlier...but then I rewatched his 2015 highlights...and they are mostly from a single back set, no FB.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Valuable?? How are you defining valuable??

You do realize Brady was a sixth rounder right?

You never know what a pick can turn into.

Can you honestly tell me there is a better chance of the cards going to the Super Bowl or even making the playoffs with ap than there is of the draft pick turning into a productive player? If you like those odds I don't think you watched the philly game.

This team stinks, is old and is rebuilding now, giving away young players just makes that rebuilding process take longer.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valuable?? How are you defining valuable??

Anything that provides you more on the draft trade point chart to help you move up is valuable....

More valuable than a washed up 31 plus year old running back who isn't going to help you in a season where you're not going anywhere anyway..

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Anything that provides you more on the draft trade point chart to help you move up is valuable....

More valuable than a washed up 31 plus year old running back who isn't going to help you in a season where you're not going anywhere anyway..

Pfft... We have 4 compensatory picks next year...which are all tradeable assets. This is about as no-risk as it gets Shane, and you know it...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Who's being cut for AP? My guess is Penny is gone.

I am curious as well.

Penny plays special teams - same situation as Stepfan Taylor before (waste of a roster spot).

KW - I was rooting for him to do well in a specialty role but he really doesn't have any value. We need a new KR/PR and he can easily be replaced as a RB.

CJ2K - He is playing much harder than in preseason. He will still be 2nd best RB on the roster but doesn't play ST.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pfft... We have 4 compensatory picks next year...which are all tradeable assets. This is about as no-risk as it gets Shane, and you know it...

Says you... Really what's the point Do you think this team has a chance to do anything this year honestly?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You do realize Brady was a sixth rounder right?

You never know what a pick can turn into.

Can you honestly tell me there is a better chance of the cards going to the Super Bowl or even making the playoffs with ap than there is of the draft pick turning into a productive player? If you like those odds I don't think you watched the philly game.

This team stinks, is old and is rebuilding now, giving away young players just makes that rebuilding process take longer.

And? You got another Brady story in the past 2 decades?? And as I mentioned, we have 4 compensatory picks next year, which according to Jurecki could include a 5th, 6th and 7th round pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort