Knicks get - Brandon Knight,Miami and phoenix pick next year

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Why not do a trade of

Suns get - Irving, Frye

Cavs get- Melo,Bledsoe, Chandler

Decent trade for the Knicks, but it makes no sense for the other two teams. Cavs are done- Melo, Bledsoe, Chandler are not getting them past Golden State, and LBJ is gone next summer. They would want picks, young players, etc. Irving makes no sense for Phoenix. That would be the worst defensive back court in the history of the NBA. I also don't quite understand the whole, "I don't want to play with Lebron" thing. He can go be "the man" somewhere else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why not do a trade of

Suns get - Irving, Frye

So we send Bledsoe, chandler, our 1st and Miami pick for Irving and exiting Frye? Maybe too rich for my blood.

On espn they proposed a Bledsoe and warren for Irving and Frye deal. I think I make that deal:

Irving. Ulis
Booker. Reed
JJ. Jones
Chriss. Sign someone
Bender. Big sauce

I say sign me up.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why not do a trade of

Suns get - Irving, Frye

That's terrible for Phoenix. I'd prefer any picks come our way and Irving goes to New York. The big question mark is if Lebron agrees to stay if Cleveland gets Melo. Chances are Melo would be told by him and that would effect whether he waives his no trade clause.

As much as I'd like to throw Knight in, I don't see that happening.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What's interesting about the simmons 3 way with new York, is it could just as easily be flipped where the knicks don't give up frank, just give up Melo for some contract filler ( which they should be ok with in theory they were even talking of buying him out) and suns get irving for bledsoe etc...

The problem is new York would hold out if they think they can land irving in way, but couldn't suns hold out as well.
Basically both suns and knicks are contributing key pieces to the Cleveland end, and each could be in position to demand they get irving

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
That's terrible for Phoenix. I'd prefer any picks come our way and Irving goes to New York. The big question mark is if Lebron agrees to stay if Cleveland gets Melo. Chances are Melo would be told by him and that would effect whether he waives his no trade clause.

How would it be terrible. Maybe 2 picks is too much. But we have a big salary dump with Bledsoe, Chandler, and Knight. We get a top PG with tons of caps space next year. Maybe give them both Miami picks and keep ours to make it better.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving is a young superstar in his prime. He's barely 25 years old.

If we can get a stud like him without giving up Booker or Jackson, the Suns could then use him to recruit other star players to come and play in Phoenix.

He has some injury issues but I'm sure our training staff can help him out quite a bit.

This would be amazing for the Suns. But like McDonough usually is, I expect him to come close but not actually do the deal like all other times.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Decent trade for the Knicks, but it makes no sense for the other two teams. Cavs are done- Melo, Bledsoe, Chandler are not getting them past Golden State, and LBJ is gone next summer. They would want picks, young players, etc. Irving makes no sense for Phoenix. That would be the worst defensive back court in the history of the NBA. I also don't quite understand the whole, "I don't want to play with Lebron" thing. He can go be "the man" somewhere else.
No it wouldn't, that backcourt isn't even worse than the Lillard/McCollum backcourt in Portland and their one of the up and coming teams in the NBA that even made playoffs in the tough West last season.

If the Suns can win 50 something games and go to the Western conference finals with 34 year old Steve Nash and Jason Richardson as the starting backcourt (both of whom are truly awful defenders) then I think Booker and Irving would be fine.

Booker is 20 years old, he can improve defensively. Even Kyrie is only 25 and can improve too.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving is a young superstar in his prime. He's barely 25 years old.

If we can get a stud like him, the Suns could then use him to recruit other star players to come and play in Phoenix.

He has some injury issues but I'm sure our training staff can help him out quite a bit.

This would be amazing for the Suns. But like McDonough usually is, I expect him to come close but not actually do the deal like all other times.

He's not close to being a superstar and he's probably the worst possible player for Booker's development. Why would a black hole on offense attract other stars?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's not close to being a superstar and he's probably the worst possible player for Booker's development. Why would a black hole on offense attract other stars?
I hope this is a joke. Countless number of players have raved about Kyrie and his ability. And he's only 25 and getting better.

Not close to being a superstar lmao, he averaged 26 and 6 last season shooting 40% from 3. And he's hit the 2nd most clutch shot in Finals in the last 10 years helping them win.

Avery Bradley, top 3 defender in NBA was asked just the other day who the hardest player to guard in the NBA is and he didn't say LeBron, KD or Steph, he said Kyrie Irving.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How would it be terrible. Maybe 2 picks is too much. But we have a big salary dump with Bledsoe, Chandler, and Knight. We get a top PG with tons of caps space next year. Maybe give them both Miami picks and keep ours to make it better.

I'm not a fan of Irving. At best, he'll help the Suns be a 500 team. I can't see him pairing well with Booker in the backcourt and the Suns will be in a place they've been before with Marbury running the show.

Irving doesn't want to win, he wants to be "the man". Sure, Golden State beat Cleveland in the finals but Cleveland is still a contender with their lineup now and stand as good of chance as anyone at taking them down. Rather than try to do that though he'd rather run to another team. That's not the sort of player I'd like to see leading the Suns young core into the future.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I hope this is a joke. Countless number of players have raved about Kyrie and his ability. And he's only 25 and getting better.

Not close to being a superstar lmao, he averaged 26 and 6 last season shooting 40% from 3. And he's hit the 2nd most clutch shot in Finals in the last 10 years helping them win.

Avery Bradley, top 3 defender in NBA was asked just the other day who the hardest player to guard in the NBA is and he didn't say LeBron, KD or Steph, he said Kyrie Irving.

I hope that's a joke. He's not close to being a superstar. Third team all NBA one time in his career.

I hate how loosely we use the term superstar. We see how the Cavs play when Lebron is out. They literally can't win a game. Irving simply turns off teammates by going chuckmode. Excellent scorer when he's hot but a terrible fit for a young team.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He had a pretty significant (I think) negative + / - when he wasn't playing with lebron. -120 if anyone knows the significance of that.

I'd much rather take more assists, less ball hogging and a much better contract in Bledsoe than this guy.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's a fantastic trade for Phoenix. You give up Bledsoe, Knight (negative) value and one pick and you get Kyrie who is a genuine star in this league? That's a no brainer in my book.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope that's a joke. He's not close to being a superstar. Third team all NBA one time in his career.

I hate how loosely we use the term superstar. We see how the Cavs play when Lebron is out. They literally can't win a game. Irving simply turns off teammates by going chuckmode. Excellent scorer when he's hot but a terrible fit for a young team.
Kyrie is a borderline superstar. That's just a fact. That trade would be considered a steal universally--which is why it won't happen.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys need to stop with that Kyrie doesn't want to win BS. This guy has been to the finals 3 years in a row not only that he's played amazing on the biggest stage.

Dude first thing Cleveland tried to do this offseason is trade him, they've tried to trade Kevin Love

Lebron James leaving after this year is the worst kept secret in basketball.

Dan Gilbert suddenly fired his GM who everyone liked and they can't find anyone who actually wants that job.

This organization is about be a mess again and he sees it.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Guys need to stop with that Kyrie doesn't want to win BS. This guy has been to the finals 3 years in a row not only that he's played amazing on the biggest stage.

Dude first thing Cleveland tried to do this offseason is trade him, they've tried to trade Kevin Love

Lebron James leaving after this year is the worst kept secret in basketball.

Dan Gilbert suddenly fired his GM who everyone liked and they can't find anyone who actually wants that job.

This organization is about be a mess again and he sees it.

Everyone wants to win, question is can he. That being said, anyone who wants to leave lebron behind is either an idiot or is supremely confident in their ability. The idea of trading for him is growing on me then, especially as I'm not Bledsoe's biggest fan at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under the above proposal I would think the Suns would get a first round pick(s) for taking on Love's contract.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the rumor came to fruition, I think Love would become the Suns starting center and Ulis would become the Suns starting PG.

Frank Ntilikina would back up Ulis and Alan Williams would back up Love.

Plus draft picks.

It's not bad when one thinks about it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz