Stranger Things (Netflix)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it. That just makes me want another Buffyverse show on TV right now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it. That just makes me want another Buffyverse show on TV right now.

I'd love a remake. I know Whedon is unlikely to go there again and that it would be almost sacrilege to some people to do it without him, I'd still like one even if the great Joss was uninvolved.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love a remake. I know Whedon is unlikely to go there again and that it would be almost sacrilege to some people to do it without him, I'd still like one even if the great Joss was uninvolved.

I don't even think a remake is necessary. The way they ended it there are multiple slayers out in the world and you could follow just one. If Joss isn't involved though? I don't know. Not unless the writers and show runners were hand picked by him and he occasionally participated. Remake? I would rather they leave it alone.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even think a remake is necessary. The way they ended it there are multiple slayers out in the world and you could follow just one. If Joss isn't involved though? I don't know. Not unless the writers and show runners were hand picked by him and he occasionally participated. Remake? I would rather they leave it alone.

I just don't really want to start that far into the Buffy world, between the way they ended Angel and the continuation of Buffy seasons 8, 9 and 10 in the comics. Start clean IMO.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't really want to start that far into the Buffy world, between the way they ended Angel and the continuation of Buffy seasons 8, 9 and 10 in the comics. Start clean IMO.

I gotcha. However, I don't want to see them rehash the same story all over again either. If they tried to pretend like the other show never existed it would alienate too many fans. I don't think it's a good idea but that's just me. A ton of Buffy/Angel fans to this day have never picked up a comic so it might not be a big deal. Plus a cameo by SMG as Buffy but older and still fighting the fight with a sprinkle of other characters would be damn cool IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotcha. However, I don't want to see them rehash the same story all over again either. If they tried to pretend like the other show never existed it would alienate too many fans. I don't think it's a good idea but that's just me. A ton of Buffy/Angel fans to this day have never picked up a comic so it might not be a big deal. Plus a cameo by SMG as Buffy but older and still fighting the fight with a sprinkle of other characters would be damn cool IMO.

Me either. I'd just run with the general idea and a whole new cast of sidekicks (characters). But I'd have no problem with ignoring the history. It's not like it will make it disappear. That's just me though, I'm sure others will hate the idea of starting fresh.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this over the break. Good show! Binged it in like 3 days. :Dold

It's embarrassing how well I would have fit into their "group". I found myself missing my old Millennium Falcon toy!

We're very excited for season 2.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i watched the intro to this show last night and my wife made me turn it off. She doesnt do scary in any way shape or form.

I loved it though and really want to watch it now.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
i watched the intro to this show last night and my wife made me turn it off. She doesnt do scary in any way shape or form.

I loved it though and really want to watch it now.

You haven't seen it yet? You are missing out. Watch it on your own, you will be happy you did!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying it is scary, but I did not think it was that bad at all.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't wait for season 2 to kick off.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I binge watched this in 2 days. It is a great show. Almost shocked at how well done it is.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dragon's lair and thriller was all they needed for me to be excited about season 2.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘Stranger Things’ May End with Season 4

https://www.thereelword.net/stranger-things-season-3-4-series-end-matt-ross-duffer/

Phenomenal Netflix series Stranger Things may have two more seasons after season 2 drops this October.

First of all, and unsurprisingly, yes, that means Stranger Things
season 3 will happen. In an interview with Vulture, creators and show-runners Matt and Ross Duffer confirmed that they’ve received the go-ahead for a third season.

The brothers also revealed that a fourth season will follow, and that’s when they’re thinking of ending the much-loved sci-fi horror series. “We’re thinking it will be a four-season thing and then out,” Ross said.

They pointed out that it may be a bit of a challenge to explain why the lead characters continue to stay in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. “We just have to keep adjusting the story. Though I don’t know if we can justify something bad happening to them once a year.” Added Ross: “They’re going to have to get the fudge out of this town! It’s ridiculous!”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose