NBA Off Season Thread

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
A 29" vertical for a 7-footer is plenty. I don't know anything about his game, but he sounds like a Miles Plumlee type to me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As a Georgetown alum I watched sims a fair amount. He just isn't very good gang. No element of his game is outstanding or even above average. He was a disappointment at gtown even though he started. He's a body, nothing more. Literally my comment should end this thread and any future discussion of Henry sims.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A 29" vertical for a 7-footer is plenty. I don't know anything about his game, but he sounds like a Miles Plumlee type to me.

Kind of the opposite. Plumlee was an athletic freak with few skills. This kid is long, little athleticism, and some inside skills.

From a Philly fan:

Basically a guy who had no place in the NBA and has made himself into an end of the bench big who is serviceable as the fifth big getting lesser minutes in spot duty on the right team. He isn't very athletic, more of a mid range jump shooter than anything else on offense, not a rim protector, but a hard worker who can flash the occasional skill and move, the kind that come from plenty of practice, rather than instinct or athleticism. You don't want him playing a lot, but for an end of the bench guy, if he isn't taking the spot of a young, developing player, you could do worse than him. Damning with faint praise, which is essentially Sims in a nut shell. He will find himself a spot for several years on NBA rosters when teams run thin on quality bigs, good locker room and practice guy from the way the coaches spoke about him here.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a Georgetown alum I watched sims a fair amount. He just isn't very good gang. No element of his game is outstanding or even above average. He was a disappointment at gtown even though he started. He's a body, nothing more. Literally my comment should end this thread and any future discussion of Henry sims.

Wow. Ouchie has spoken. Let everyone else now remain silent.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Sims is not a 7 footer. He is 6'10 without shoes.

And those double-double games are worthless, they were accumulated on the 76ers. Most of their games were not even competetive, someone has to accumulate some stats.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And those double-double games are worthless, they were accumulated on the 76ers. Most of their games were not even competetive, someone has to accumulate some stats.

Heights in the NBA are always listed in shoes. If you want to call him 6-10 then take 1.5 to 2 inches off every height listing for every player in the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sort of picky. Draft express lists Sims as 6' 11.75" with shoes He also has a 7'4" wingspan. That's good enough for me.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Henry-Sims-1326/

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If I recall correctly - and I may not - Ouchie spent a couple of threads condemning David Lee's game when there was talk of us drafting him.

Hmm that's possible. But this is different. As a Hoya I've watched sims for years and know he's low floor low ceiling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always liked Cory Jefferson and never understood why he wasn't better. Good body for camp

I like the Suns chose him for training camp. He is only 24 and entering his second NBA season. I believe he has some upside.

Here is what Paul Coro said about him.

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro Aug 25

Cory Jefferson, an athletic big who had 12 & 13 vs. PHX, & banger Henry Sims will get a camp chance to make the Suns. http://bit.ly/1EUxqT1

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good number of Suns players have started voluntary workouts at US Airways Center. See more from a Paul Coro article dated 8-28-15 at azcentral.

Ten Suns contract players started voluntary workouts this week, two weeks ahead of when such sessions usually start with a lesser turnout. The Suns have full pickup games involving contract players and two more potential roster members, training camp additions Henry Sims and Cory Jefferson.

Eric Bledsoe, Devin Booker, Archie Goodwin, Brandon Knight, Alex Len, Jon Leuer, Ronnie Price, P.J. Tucker, T.J. Warren and Sonny Weems have been playing at US Airways Center since Monday.

There is no surprise that Markieff Morris is missing from that list, given his "Keef beef" with the franchise. His trade request fell on deaf ears. The other absent contract players, Tyson Chandler and Mirza Teletovic, are expected to join their new teammates in Phoenix over the next 10 days.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-arrivals-markieff-morris-good-sign/71318670/

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish they'd done it with a picture of both of them, only Marcus had clearly been photoshopped out.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or with a shot only of Marcus, by "accident."

ha!

Think if I tweet this to the Suns they'll post it?

picture.php

Errntknght

Reaction score
Let's see if he has the stones to not report and force McD's hand.

I believe he was asked if he would report if he were not traded and said he was going to be professional about it. I assumed he meant he'd report - and play. It would be foolish to do otherwise because he doesn't need to apply any more force - McD will trade him as soon as he gets a fair return. I'm sure his agent will tell him the less professional he is, the longer it will take to trade him.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe he was asked if he would report if he were not traded and said he was going to be professional about it. I assumed he meant he'd report - and play. It would be foolish to do otherwise because he doesn't need to apply any more force - McD will trade him as soon as he gets a fair return. I'm sure his agent will tell him the less professional he is, the longer it will take to trade him.

Or maybe PHX has indicated to him that he should expect to be dealt before the start of the season.

BTW, the way he's handled the situation so far has been the exact opposite of professional, I doubt he knows the meaning of professional.