NBA Off Season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe he was asked if he would report if he were not traded and said he was going to be professional about it. I assumed he meant he'd report - and play. It would be foolish to do otherwise because he doesn't need to apply any more force - McD will trade him as soon as he gets a fair return. I'm sure his agent will tell him the less professional he is, the longer it will take to trade him.

This is my understanding as well, that Markieff will report. However, I agree with overseascardfan, Markieff has acted the opposite of professional. If and when Markieff reports to training camp should pose some interesting interaction.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Whether we're paying the guy or not, the Suns would be massively better off without that idiot. I never liked the guy and when he finally turns the corner and makes me start to change my mind, he turns around and confirms what a moron he is. Good riddance.

He wants to get traded, but what he's doing is actively trying to screw the Suns, because the Twitter posts undermine the ability of the Suns to get a return. If a trade is made, I think there is a 75% chance that it will be great for Markieff but horrible for us. And he'll get his wish--traded and sticking it to the Suns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's what's incredibly disconcerting to me. Did the Suns actually think that this legendary idiot was going to be anything but a legendary idiot once they traded away his siamese twin? The second they made that first deal, they should have told Markieff he was gone in some kind of attempt to head his BS off at the pass. The idea that he was going to be "professional" and be our starting PF lies in the realm of fantasy considering everything we saw from him in the last couple years.

that's not to say Marqueef isn't an idiot of epic proportions. But if the Suns didn't see this coming from a mile away, they're idiots for a different reason entirely.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What's funny is that there were still Suns "fans" defending this idiot even once after he ripped the fans for not cheering loud enough in a game in which they lost to the Spurs by like 30 or 40.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
here's what's incredibly disconcerting to me. Did the Suns actually think that this legendary idiot was going to be anything but a legendary idiot once they traded away his siamese twin? The second they made that first deal, they should have told Markieff he was gone in some kind of attempt to head his BS off at the pass. The idea that he was going to be "professional" and be our starting PF lies in the realm of fantasy considering everything we saw from him in the last couple years.

that's not to say Marqueef isn't an idiot of epic proportions. But if the Suns didn't see this coming from a mile away, they're idiots for a different reason entirely.

Good points. More on the job training for McD I guess.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to Mike James? Was hoping he'd get a second look.

I think Mike James is a SG in a PGs body. I'd be for giving him another look sometime. Ronnie Price is the Suns third PG.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

True, but look at it this way: IF they hadn't traded Marcus and we still had both the morons on the roster, would the Suns be idiots for not trading them? It's a Catch-22 if you're the Suns, you really can't win either way. My guess is they are taking what they think is the lesser of two evils by trying to improve the locker room culture by trading Marcus (and signing Chandler).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but look at it this way: IF they hadn't traded Marcus and we still had both the morons on the roster, would the Suns be idiots for not trading them? It's a Catch-22 if you're the Suns, you really can't win either way. My guess is they are taking what they think is the lesser of two evils by trying to improve the locker room culture by trading Marcus (and signing Chandler).

your "this way" hypothetical would have made them idiots as well, but by saying it's a Catch-22 and implying the Suns can't win either way, doesn't make much sense to me. They TRIED to cut the cancer out of the team... by removing half of it and letting the rest sit there. That's a recipe for disaster. The bottom line is that because of the Morri twins seemingly unnatural closeness and outrageous unprofessionalism, the second they traded one, they should have know they needed to trade the other. That's the bottom line and expecting ANYTHING but even worse behavior from the remaining twin in the current scenario is complete idiocy.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
that way doesn't make much sense to me. The bottom line is that because of the Morri twins seemingly unnatural closeness and outrageous unprofessionalism, the second they traded one, they should have know they needed to trade the other. That's the bottom line and expecting ANYTHING but even worse behavior from the remaining twin in the current scenario is complete idiocy.

They're not going to broadcast that, though. They HAVE to say they are going to "keep" him, even if they aren't, because if they show desperation in trying to get rid of him, then their chance of getting a return declines even more.

You don't know if the Marcus trade was originally started and the Suns talked about including both brothers, but Detroit might not have wanted the expense of both, and certainly our asking price for the twins at the time might have been high--even with the possibility of Aldridge coming.

The only wild card in this whole situation has been Markieff and his idiotic tweeting. The Suns obviously had conversations with their agent, since it's been stated that the whole trade business was ok'd by their agent. So his posturing about the Suns being so vindictive and mean (waaah!) is way off base.

Honestly, the Suns have done NOTHING wrong. Perhaps they should have expected him to be a crybaby, perhaps not. It's a business and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some professionalism from someone that is making millions of dollars a year for average performance.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're not going to broadcast that, though. They HAVE to say they are going to "keep" him, even if they aren't, because if they show desperation in trying to get rid of him, then their chance of getting a return declines even more.

You don't know if the Marcus trade was originally started and the Suns talked about including both brothers, but Detroit might not have wanted the expense of both, and certainly our asking price for the twins at the time might have been high--even with the possibility of Aldridge coming.

The only wild card in this whole situation has been Markieff and his idiotic tweeting. The Suns obviously had conversations with their agent, since it's been stated that the whole trade business was ok'd by their agent. So his posturing about the Suns being so vindictive and mean (waaah!) is way off base.

Honestly, the Suns have done NOTHING wrong. Perhaps they should have expected him to be a crybaby, perhaps not. It's a business and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some professionalism from someone that is making millions of dollars a year for average performance.

I agree, the Suns have done NOthing wrong.

BTW. I think Markieff has really only made one tweet of note. The first one, on the day of the trade gets a mulligan in my book. That one is just a raw, understandable reaction. This last tweet is the big problem (and the statements made the Philly reporter). Everything else has come from Marcus. Here is the sum total of what Markieff has tweeted that could have any bearing, two are so cryptic, I am not sure they even apply:

Keef Morris ‏@Keefmorris Jul 2
Lol this a foul game here man!

Keef Morris ‏@Keefmorris Jul 30
We just wanna knowww!!! Ha

Keef Morris ‏@Keefmorris Aug 6
No love lost... #FOEinc

Keef Morris ‏@Keefmorris Sep 3
My future will not be in Phoenix.... #thatisall #backtothegrind #FOE

What happens is that the fans and media talk ABOUT it so much, it seems like he said more. To me, the major problems are the comments to the chance meeting with a Philly reporter and this last tweet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's not unreasonable, but it is INCREDIBLY STUPID/NAIVE to expect a guy who's shown no professionalism in years to all of sudden do so, especially after trading away his best friend.

He should have been gone already, IMO and any level of the Suns "expecting" him to be professional is incredibly stupid on their part. Thinking they could mend this fence IS wrong if that's what they were hoping for.

Errntknght

Reaction score
What Markieff means by being professional is that he wants his money, which he won't get if he refuses to report. I'd say the Suns are playing it about right, they have to maintain the facade that they'll keep him and play him if no decent trades are offered. In fact, I won't be surprised if they do play him nor surprised if he plays his 'best' so someone will want to trade for him. Best meaning he'll try to score as much as possible, but be a jerk in his own peculiar style. Probably add more offensive fouls forcing his way to the hoop.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the key is that the Suns literally gave away Marcus for a second round pick but they want more in return for Markieff. Teams would be lining up if the Suns were willing to trade Markieff for a second round pick. The pending charges against Markieff limits his value. IF this court matter is resolved in a favorable manner for Markieff, he will be gone soon enough.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we put all our eggs in the LMA basket and this is the fallout. We supposedly had a sign and trade deal in place to send Markieff to Dallas for Tyson so we'd have the room to sign another free agent in addition to LMA. Since we no longer needed the cap space once he opted for San Antonio, we invented a backup plan that involved keeping Keef.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone hear about Glen Davis eating deep fried oil? He is out 2 to 3 months because of it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone hear about Glen Davis eating deep fried oil? He is out 2 to 3 months because of it.

If this is a joke I miss the point of it. If it's real, are you saying he's out for 3 more months AFTER he recovers from his ankle surgery that is already going to keep him out 2 to 3 months?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If this is a joke I miss the point of it. If it's real, are you saying he's out for 3 more months AFTER he recovers from his ankle surgery that is already going to keep him out 2 to 3 months?

it's not a joke. Couldn't post the tweet from my phone but here's the tweet.
Hardwood Paroxysm retweeted
NBA Injury Report ‏@NBAInjuryR3port 2h2 hours ago
Glen Davis (attempted to eat "deep fried frying oil", "basically I just swallowed a bunch of 190 degree oil") will be sidelined 2-3 months

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
A couple of times he has dropped some good basketball knowledge but the basketball knowledge has been far and between.:-/

Actually I think he is a she. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think we put all our eggs in the LMA basket and this is the fallout. We supposedly had a sign and trade deal in place to send Markieff to Dallas for Tyson so we'd have the room to sign another free agent in addition to LMA. Since we no longer needed the cap space once he opted for San Antonio, we invented a backup plan that involved keeping Keef.

To me, this is indirectly placing all the blame on the front office, which is completely misguided. The Marcus trade was going to happen, no matter what.

As far as putting all our eggs in the LMA basket, it was a good strategy. It didn't pan out unfortunately, but I have no problem with the full court press we put on trying to sign him. Heck, we were pretty close that last day.

Markieff really has no right to be a petulant child in this, and that's where I lay the blame.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh oh. Nick Wiggins signs with Minnesota. Yes. The brother.

Some people cannot learn from the mistakes of others.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard