Nation Lampoon's Vacation (reboot/sequel)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photographic Evidence That Ed Helms' National Lampoon's Vacation Reboot Is Real

http://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...-national-lampoons-vacation-reboot-july-2015/

You must be registered for see images attach

The Powers That Be have wanted to remake 1983's Chevy Chase-led National Lampoon's Vacation since 2009, if not before. Despite a string of sex-crazed, low-rent, direct-to-DVD excuses-for-movies sullying the Lampoon film brand throughout the late '90s and 2000s, a new Vacation movie was top priority.

The goal was to bring Chase's Clark Griswold back as a grandfather. Brilliant! Or, logical enough. The idea percolated. It was happening. Then it wasn't? Then it was. Ed Helms joined the rumor party in 2012, supposedly taking on the role of Clark Griswold's son Rusty. Then the idea faded. Maybe people didn't really wan—WAIT HOLD ON. Like a Christmas bonus arriving in miracle time, a Vacation-loving studio executive packed up the reboot's bags and hit the road towards your local multiplex. The movie was happening, with Chase, Helms, Beverly D'Angelo, and Christina Applegate playing the pair of bonding fathers and mothers.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, I hope they don't ruin a good thing. :(

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this sort of looks funny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my knee jerk reaction when I heard about this was... UGH! But apparently it's getting incredibly good buzz.

edit: yikes... that trailer was pretty awful though, save the last funny holiday road bit with the ferrari

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my knee jerk reaction when I heard about this was... UGH! But apparently it's getting incredibly good buzz.

If the trailer is any indication it appears they are not above self deprecating humor and making fun of itself. I like that.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wasn't a bad trailer, just hope they didn't show all the funny parts of the movie in the trailer. Every time I see Ed Helms in a van/car, reminds me of him driving with the hangover crew to vegas. :p

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Hoping for a Rusty "the European tour " flashback.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am all about the slapstick comedy, but hope they don't try too hard on this one like Farrelly brothers did with Dumb and Dumber to

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care if critics say it's the funniest movie in twenty years...no, just no.

Exactly. A friend was trying to get me to the Mad Max remake a couple of weeks ago. I said, "Oh, hell blanking NO!!!!" Same thing for me with this remake or reboot.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No - just no. Remakes almost always fail.

The only remake I liked was "Carrie" with Chloe Moretz instead of Sissy Spacek. (it's on Netflix streaming).

You can't remake "Vacation". That's like remaking "Animal House".

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mad Max looks awesome

I don't care what it looks like. Of course any sci-fi action movie made now will "look" better than one made 30 years ago.

But, there was this underground cult thing about Mad Max. It was on the Midnight Movie circuit back in the day with Rocky Horror, The Wall, Heavy Metal, The Song Remains the Same.....

I saw all of those movies multiple times, thoroughly baked, and spit on any attempt to remake any of them.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care what it looks like. Of course any sci-fi action movie made now will "look" better than one made 30 years ago.

But, there was this underground cult thing about Mad Max. It was on the Midnight Movie circuit back in the day with Rocky Horror, The Wall, Heavy Metal, The Song Remains the Same.....

I saw all of those movies multiple times, thoroughly baked, and spit on any attempt to remake any of them.
I'm gonna watch it thoroughly baked on the biggest screen possible

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cannot wait to see this one! Previews look so funny and great cast

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure about this one. Previews don't look to great, but of course I'll still watch it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so many trailers for this, feel like I have likely seen every funny part already. hopefully not.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't need this to be the funniest movie ever. I just need it to be funny. Honestly, after the 2nd vacation I almost gave up on the franchise. Later they came out with Christmas Vacation and Vegas Vacation. I just hope it's pretty good.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I watched the trailers on TV, hoping it might win me over enough to get me to see it. It couldn't have failed more. It looks like really weak sauce, a desperate attempt to catch the magic of the original.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard