movie A Day #182: National Lampoons Vacation

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the funniest movies out there. I can watch it over and over it never gets tiring. I find myself laughing out loud each and every time I watch it. Chevy Chase and his scenes with Christy Brinkly are Classic!

Review courtesy of Amazon:

Amazon.com
Vacation paved the way for the John Hughes movie dynasty of the 1980s. Written by Hughes (who would go on to write, direct, and/or produce The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Uncle Buck, Home Alone, and so on) and directed by Harold Ramis (Caddyshack, Groundhog Day, Stuart Saves His Family), the first Vacation movie introduces us to the all-American Griswold family: father Clark (Chevy Chase), mother Ellen (Beverly D'Angelo), son Rusty (future Hughes staple Anthony Michael Hall), and daughter Audrey (Dana Barron). They all pile into the car for a cross-country road trip to Walley World, stopping along the way to view the world's biggest ball of twine. John Candy, Imogene Coca, and Randy Quaid (as yokel Cousin Eddie) pop up along the way. The movie was a big hit, and was followed by several sequels--National Lampoon's European Vacation, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation--but this one is still probably the freshest and funniest of the bunch. --Jim Emerson

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great movie.

"Sorry folks! Park's closed!"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Excuse, can you help me get back on the expressway?"

"Jo f*ck yo mama!"

"Thank you very much."

Or the TV version:

"Excuse, can you help me get back on the expressway?"

"What do I look like? Christopher Columbo?"

"Thank you very much."

Horrible edit but funny cause it's so bad.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The ending with John Candy was not the original ending. Test audiences hated the original which had the Griswolds going to owner of Wally World and holding him hostage.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
The ending with John Candy was not the original ending. Test audiences hated the original which had the Griswolds going to owner of Wally World and holding him hostage.
Appearently,this idea stuck around though, because that's eerily similar to the ending of Christmas Vacation when Cousin Eddie kidnaps Clark's boss.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard