Terminator Genisys

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
man... i must be seriously jaded. that trailer did nothing for me.
Yeah, I'm not overly excited by it either. Hopefully subsequent ones will be better.

And, what's up with the grey haired Arnold? Surely it's a disguise and not an actual grey haired terminator.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not overly excited by it either. Hopefully subsequent ones will be better.

And, what's up with the grey haired Arnold? Surely it's a disguise and not an actual grey haired terminator.

Trailer has me stoked but its pretty easy to get me excited about terminators. Especially after seeing the liquid terminator is returning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nope... It's an old man terminator.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me, 2015 is going to be a good year for me and movies.

Me too. It's the year of the sequel and I'm sure we're all stoked for the biggee. Obviously I'm talking about Pitch Perfect 2.

Steve

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

I guess Robits are allowed to age with their organic exoskin? Curious to see how they explain it away.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Saw the trailer for this when I went with a friend to see Selma last night. Wow, just wow. What a godawful hot bin of garbage it's going to be. We kept gasping at bad stuff in the trailer, then gasping more because it got worse, on and on. Train wreck in waiting for my money.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Robits are allowed to age with their organic exoskin? Curious to see how they explain it away.

That's exactly it. They said the exoskeleton is real human organic material (as explained in T2) and therefore it ages just as real humans do. It's pretty much just the exterior as the interior we know is still all machine. From what I read that is how they would allow the Terminators to blend in for longer term missions (allowing them to appear to age on the exterior).

In T2 it's stated it's "Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton".

If it's living tissue, makes perfect since to me. If they had stated it was artificial that would be different.

Last edited:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. It's the year of the sequel and I'm sure we're all stoked for the biggee. Obviously I'm talking about Pitch Perfect 2.

Steve

Yea! Pitch Perfect 2. Got to admit, the 1st one was super funny. Think I watched that movie more than I should have.... :shrug: :barf:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Saw the trailer for this when I went with a friend to see Selma last night. Wow, just wow. What a godawful hot bin of garbage it's going to be. We kept gasping at bad stuff in the trailer, then gasping more because it got worse, on and on. Train wreck in waiting for my money.

Geez, after one teaser trailer? Of course, it's hard to satisfy you no matter what... :D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Geez, after one teaser trailer? Of course, it's hard to satisfy you no matter what... :D

Nah :)

It wasn't a teaser trailer--it was a full trailer. Hokey 'rah rah' speeches, frame-by-frame ripoffs of earlier movies, eye-rolling dialogue and action...it just looked absolutely worthless. This is the first trailer I've watched for it. True, my friend and I didn't care for what they were doing with this movie (franchise has sucked a while now), but both of us noticed what trailer it was coming on and leaned forward to see if it would be any good. I think you can tell what we thought at the end :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah :)

It wasn't a teaser trailer--it was a full trailer. Hokey 'rah rah' speeches, frame-by-frame ripoffs of earlier movies, eye-rolling dialogue and action...it just looked absolutely worthless. This is the first trailer I've watched for it. True, my friend and I didn't care for what they were doing with this movie (franchise has sucked a while now), but both of us noticed what trailer it was coming on and leaned forward to see if it would be any good. I think you can tell what we thought at the end :)

Looks fun to me!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks fun to me!

Ditto. Looks like they are trying to tie in the things that made some of the past first two movies great and "start over" to continue the franchise. I hope it works after the previous misfires.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto. Looks like they are trying to tie in the things that made some of the past first two movies great and "start over" to continue the franchise. I hope it works after the previous misfires.

I loved all of the movies however I have not seen salvation. I didnt think T3 was a misfire.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
T3 was the weakest of the movies and I thought Salvation was the most boring and lifeless. But I don't think any of them were horrible.

I'm not a huge fan of the trailer, but I'll reserve judgement. My biggest worry is about the casting Jai Courtney is an AWFUL actor, but he keeps getting high-concept big-budget movies. I liked him in Spartacus, but that's about it. He was godawful in the last Die Hard movie, but to be fair, that was a horrible movie to begin with.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T3 was the weakest of the movies and I thought Salvation was the most boring and lifeless. But I don't think any of them were horrible.

I'm not a huge fan of the trailer, but I'll reserve judgement. My biggest worry is about the casting Jai Courtney is an AWFUL actor, but he keeps getting high-concept big-budget movies. I liked him in Spartacus, but that's about it. He was godawful in the last Die Hard movie, but to be fair, that was a horrible movie to begin with.

I agree when talking about t-1 through t-3, 3 would be the weakest but t1 was hard to follow up on and IMO t2 is one of the best ever made so even while it fell short or t2 and t1, I thought it was a fun movie.

I havent seen salvation just out of assumption that it wouldnt be very good but I tend to do that and should give it a shot now that another is coming.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agree. T3 was the weakest of the bunch and a misfire IMO. I understand what they were trying to do but not a fan of that movie one bit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that new poster with an old Arnold as Terminator with gray hair that simply says "HE'S BACK" seems like something out of a Mel Brooks movie or a movie spoofing Hollywood.

this is going to be a trainwreck of biblical proportions.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that new poster with an old Arnold as Terminator with gray hair that simply says "HE'S BACK" seems like something out of a Mel Brooks movie or a movie spoofing Hollywood.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I don't know if I'd go THAT far, but it doesn't look good... I mean, Jai Courtney is still in it, so that strike #1 already.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd go THAT far, but it doesn't look good... I mean, Jai Courtney is still in it, so that strike #1 already.

as far as the trainwreck of biblical proportions or the comment on the poster looking like a hollywood spoof?

all I can think of when I see that poster is the gag in Spaceballs when they say on the intergalactic news: And up next is Toshi's review of Rocky Five... THOUSAND.

I actually think there's a gag in Airplane or Airplane 2 where you see a Rocky sequel poster fashioned after the Rocky III poster and it's Rocky XXXVIII and the guy in the poster is older then dirt.

Last edited: