Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is about as acceptable as recasting Indy as you can get.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My feeling is that I am hesitant for a sequel, mostly because I just think the Nazis are better villains than Russian Communists.

Russians are great villains for James Bond and other spies, but Indiana Jones? And for that reason, I'd be ok with a reboot if Harrison Ford is out, and especially if Chris Pratt is in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sadly, you're right. Pratt's solid and would do the role well. That said, of course I don't want a reboot. I wish they'd just move on to a different property.

just too big of a money maker for Disney not to try.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only think I could see stopping this is if Star Wars is a monumental flop. That might make them think twice about it. Unless that happens...to much money to be made continuing the franchise.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Chris Pratt being Indy, but would love for it to be played were he took over the adventures for Indy some how. If its a reboot, fine put Pratt as Indy, but if its a squeal, make Pratt a son/student of Indy, not make him Indy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Chris Pratt being Indy, but would love for it to be played were he took over the adventures for Indy some how. If its a reboot, fine put Pratt as Indy, but if its a squeal, make Pratt a son/student of Indy, not make him Indy.

they already blew the son angle on Shia. I've got no prob with him as Indy... they've been doing it with Bond and Batman and pretty much every serialized comic book-ish character. At least this casting I could see working if they decided to go this route, as opposed to Batfleck or Hairdo like they did with Spidey.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
they already blew the son angle on Shia. I've got no prob with him as Indy... they've been doing it with Bond and Batman and pretty much every serialized comic book-ish character. At least this casting I could see working if they decided to go this route, as opposed to Batfleck or Hairdo like they did with Spidey.

Oh dear lord no. He was OK as the son but playing the title character of Indy? He doesn't even come close to fitting the bill...of Indy's hat. He doesn't have the stature or charm of Ford. Plus for franchise longevity sake, it would probably be a smart thing to find an actor more mentally stable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh dear lord no. He was OK as the son but playing the title character of Indy? He doesn't even come close to fitting the bill...of Indy's hat. He doesn't have the stature or charm of Ford. Plus for franchise longevity sake, it would probably be a smart thing to find an actor more mentally stable.

i was talking about Pratt as Indy and that they already blew the son angle with Shia.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
True about the Bond reference but to me, Ford is Indy, tough to replace him. I could change heart if Pratt becomes Indy, but its tough to think about as of now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Imagine only knowing Sean Connery as Bond for 5 movies and then all of a sudden... George Lazenby??? It all worked out in the end, but it is a similar situation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine only knowing Sean Connery as Bond for 5 movies and then all of a sudden... George Lazenby??? It all worked out in the end, but it is a similar situation.

do you think Pratt is a Lazenby? I feel like a Shia Indy movie would have been more Lazenby-ish. I'm actually stunned at how good that casting may be with Pratt replacing a legend like Ford.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
do you think Pratt is a Lazenby? I feel like a Shia Indy movie would have been more Lazenby-ish. I'm actually stunned at how good that casting may be with Pratt replacing a legend like Ford.

I was just using it as an example of recasting the same role with a different actor when the original actor had made it completely his own.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was talking about Pratt as Indy and that they already blew the son angle with Shia.

Yep, they blew it. To bad Pratt wasn't a better name back when they made it. That would have been awesome for him to take on that part and the role could continue with his son versus a reboot.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly think they can pull it off as Pratt being Indy's son. Just let it ride and see how it goes as his son. People won't care if Shia played his son in on movie then Pratt played it in another. If it's good, they won't remember Shia. :)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Deadline is told that George Lucas is not involved. Typically in the past, prior to the Disney purchase of Lucasfilm, these Indiana Jones titles wouldn’t move forward in production unless Lucas and Spielberg saw eye to eye on the script and all elements. That’s one of the reasons why there’s always been a gap between sequels.

Man. I always wondered why the original film (1981) didn't take off and spawn a bunch of sequels (spaced much closer together than 1984, 1989, and 2008). Not complaining about the sequels (especially Temple and Crusade), just a fan of the character and followed him on TV and in comics, etc. and always wanted to see more Indy films. There were plenty of adventures that could have been translated to the big screen.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just hope its not so CGIed like the last one.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deadline is told that George Lucas is not involved. Typically in the past, prior to the Disney purchase of Lucasfilm, these Indiana Jones titles wouldn’t move forward in production unless Lucas and Spielberg saw eye to eye on the script and all elements. That’s one of the reasons why there’s always been a gap between sequels.

Man. I always wondered why the original film (1981) didn't take off and spawn a bunch of sequels (spaced much closer together than 1984, 1989, and 2008). Not complaining about the sequels (especially Temple and Crusade), just a fan of the character and followed him on TV and in comics, etc. and always wanted to see more Indy films. There were plenty of adventures that could have been translated to the big screen.

I thought I read somewhere that Spielberg has said he wasn't interested on doing another movie without Lucas involved? I could swear I read that somewhere. I wonder if George told him he is not interested and so he is OK with it now.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hope its not so CGIed like the last one.

Ford has enough time to learn how to pop wheelies in his wheelchair, use a walker instead of a whip to knock guns out of hands, and even to drive a souped up scooter in the climatic scene at an Asian WalMart.

This is gonna be GREAT!!!!! :claphat:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose