Cards To Pursue Albert From Chiefs & Manziel?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching ch 12 news and Bickley just said Cards are gonna go after Albert if he hits FA...

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also said the Cards really like Manziel and may want to move up in the draft to get him..

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And in other news, Derrick Anderson is not the most accurate in the NFL. :D

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
He also said the Cards really like Manziel and may want to move up in the draft to get him..
Saw that too. I'd be happy if we got Johnny Football. Bruce can turn him into a man :D

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Somers was just on with Jurecki

They were very matter of factly discussing that the Cardinals are prepared to overpay to address the left tackle position

Also a very understated but telling comment by Somers on the front office: He has much more confidence in Keim and Licht in managing free agency, the draft, etc than the "previous regime". He said it in such a way that inferred that there was disfunction beyond just poor talent evaluation in the previous group.

football karma

Reaction score
Btw: Somers kinda scoffed at the "interest in Manziel" report. His quote: remember last year when the Cards loved Matt Barkley and that he wouldn't get past them in the draft? Well, he got past them three or four times.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Anybody saying a team is interested in a certain college player at this point is just making crap up. Even a player like Bridgewater can potentially drop after interviews, background checks and workouts. It happens every year.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Albert just blow out his knee?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How can we overpay for an LT? Dansby, PP and Roberts will likely get new deals and 7-8 draft picks will take up the rest of the cap room...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can we overpay for an LT? Dansby, PP and Roberts will likely get new deals and 7-8 draft picks will take up the rest of the cap room...

We were over the cap last year at this time, so we are already ahead of the curve. Cap is created every offseason.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I see no reason to believe that Andre Roberts will get a new deal for much more than the minimum salary for the Arizona Cardinals. Why would we give him that?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see if we roll over that 5 million of cap room we didn't use this season. Still scratching my head a little over not using that to get a couple extensions in under this year's cap.

And I think we could have rolled over last years unused cap room and didnt. Hoping that's not a trend.

football karma

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if we roll over that 5 million of cap room we didn't use this season. Still scratching my head a little over not using that to get a couple extensions in under this year's cap.

And I think we could have rolled over last years unused cap room and didnt. Hoping that's not a trend.

Somers said today on jureckis show that they will roll over that cap room

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yea, Roberts is a goner. I bet this team drafts a speed demon WR at some point of this draft.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why would we keep Roberts? He is expendable in my opinion..

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Lol: overpay for Albert when they could've had him in a trade for value.