Vonnie Holliday
James Sanders
Quentin Groves
Michael Adams

On the Fence:
Rashad Johnson
Greg Toler

15 guys and counting

And we are not even starting to talk about the offensive line, which at this point, is not as set as I think we all think it is.

Started with the front office, followed up by the coaches, and now the players.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope Groves is back. I love what this team is doing though. They are washing the rest of the stink of Graves/ Whisenhunt off this roster. Wilson is the only one that hurt. I love that guy.

This is going to be a very long process however, Card fans must be patient. This coming season is going to be very, very rough.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's like Black Monday, 7 days a week in Cardinal land now. :D

I'm really not sure I've ever seen this happen at this magnitude with our Redbirds.

I'm sure old man Bidwill is pissed at his son because of all the ca$h wasted on players & coaches, with some of them still getting paid. I can hear Mr B now, "Dammit Michael, think of all the ice cream you've cost me the past few months". :D lol

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm really coming around on the idea of trading Fitz too. Send him to a contender and get some value in return.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm really coming around on the idea of trading Fitz too. Send him to a contender and get some value in return.

How hilarious would it be if we're clearing out all this cap room so that we could accommodate a trade of Larry Fitzgerald to St. Louis for 2 first rounders? I would laugh.

You have to wonder how the Cards are planning to market this team and sell tickets. The last head coach available on the market--someone who was nobody else's first or second choice. No running back. No quarterback. No rush linebacker. Basically one great wideout and one very good (and still promising) corner.

Bleargh.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
How hilarious would it be if we're clearing out all this cap room so that we could accommodate a trade of Larry Fitzgerald to St. Louis for 2 first rounders? I would laugh.

You have to wonder how the Cards are planning to market this team and sell tickets. The last head coach available on the market--someone who was nobody else's first or second choice. No running back. No quarterback. No rush linebacker. Basically one great wideout and one very good (and still promising) corner.

Bleargh.

They just leave that part out of the program and instead refer to him as the reigning Coach of the Year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They just leave that part out of the program and instead refer to him as the reigning Coach of the Year.

Yes. For a team with the 32nd most difficult schedule in the NFL last year that got hammered by the Jets to the tune of 35-9.

The Arizona Cardinals might be the only team in the NFL with 10 coaches on their souvenir cups.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Bleargh.

We've still got Dwash, CC & Levi. :Dlol

Btw if they traded Fitz In the next 3 years, i swear to everyone I will never root for this franchise again & will have the biggest Cardinal memorabilia fire in the history of mankind!!!

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hopefully they realize it is time to build a winner, and not just hope for one. I don't have much confidence, but it all comes down to who and when they hitch their QB wagon to. If that pans out it changes everything.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's tough right now to be a Cardinal fan.

We release a bunch of players at the same time our division rivals are adding big name talent. OK, perhaps, from a football standpoint but depressing nonetheless.

There will be pressure on BA and SK to give their fans something to get excited about. Yikes!

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Depressing would have been the status quo keeping marginal players that don't fit the system with exorbitant contracts given out by an inept GM and being coached by a horrible coaching staff.

I'm more optimistic about being a Cards fan than I have been in 3 years.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully they realize it is time to build a winner, and not just hope for one. I don't have much confidence, but it all comes down to who and when they hitch their QB wagon to. If that pans out it changes everything.

They've realized this for a while; it's a matter of if they know how to build one.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Bleargh.

What did they have to sell us last year ?

No one knew the defense was going to be THAT good.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They've realized this for a while; it's a matter of if they know how to build one.
Try this one on:

If you're BA or SK or MB, you might ask yourself: "Could we get to 5 & 11 next year with a lower-costing roster than we had last year?" "and, if so, which players could we jettison and still get to 5 & 11?"

And then you ditch those players, figure out how much cap space you've got and what it will take in affordable FA's and draft picks to get from 5 & 11 to 9 or 10 wins.

And then go from there.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No doubt about it at this point.

Cut:
Stewart Bradley, ILB
William Gay, CB
Adrian Wilson, S
Early Doucet, WR
Beanie Wells, HB
[Kevin Kolb]

Letting Walk:
LaRod Stephens-Howlings
Paris Lenon
Nick Eason
Vonnie Holliday
James Sanders
Quentin Groves
Michael Adams

On the Fence:
Rashad Johnson
Greg Toler

15 guys and counting

And we are not even starting to talk about the offensive line, which at this point, is not as set as I think we all think it is.

Started with the front office, followed up by the coaches, and now the players.

Seems to me most of this cuts are not necessarily a bad thing. Depends what we do now that they space has been freed up. I feel good about where we are headed.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Try this one on:

If you're BA or SK or MB, you might ask yourself: "Could we get to 5 & 11 next year with a lower-costing roster than we had last year?" "and, if so, which players could we jettison and still get to 5 & 11?"

And then you ditch those players, figure out how much cap space you've got and what it will take in affordable FA's and draft picks to get from 5 & 11 to 9 or 10 wins.

And then go from there.

Agreed.

I look at that list of cuts, and besides Adrian Wilson, I don't see much, if anything that is going to hurt this organization going out the door.

Free agency has not even started. All that has happened is a group of players from the last few horrible years have been let go.

I am going to at least let the new regime makes some moves before I blast them for something.

Seriously, at this point the only things I can complain about is not getting Mike McCoy and keeping Ray Horton. But, that is water WAY under the bridge at this point.

I'll wait and see.

What is the worst that can happen, the team sucks ?

Yeah, been there done that. It is like threatening a polar bear with locking him in a freezer.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope Groves is back. I love what this team is doing though. They are washing the rest of the stink of Graves/ Whisenhunt off this roster. Wilson is the only one that hurt. I love that guy.

This is going to be a very long process however, Card fans must be patient. This coming season is going to be very, very rough.

:thumbup:

Although I don't see this season being a gimme for any of our opponents. We will play good football. And I'm hopeful we make the playoffs. I've been hopeful 39 offseasons. Gotta be, or what's the point?

Last edited:

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What concerns me is that Keim was part of the scouting/selection of these very players that are now being jettisoned. Don't have a lot of confidence he's going to get it right now. Mike B is going to insist on something to get butts back in the seats. Geno at 7 maybe, or pick up Palmer?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz