The 2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers thread

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dwight flat out sucks this year. He gets stripped constantly, all game long. He makes Kwame Brown's hands look gooood.

Pau and Howard can't be on the court at the same time, it is known.
Lakers take out Howard and are making a run. :D Pau is feeling it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seriously... when do they fire Antoni? This team is such a joke, it's really hard to believe.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Dumbtoni is worse than I thought. This team just flat out blows.

I used to think his bumbling ways only cost us one title, thinking now it may have been two or three.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I wonder how much Steve Kerr (you know the guy who tried to get Thibs here before D'Antoni threw a tantrum about it) enjoyed broadcasting this one.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You should trade D12. Better return in assets and Pau is a better fit at the 5 with Nash.

This would make sense for this year but I think the Lakers are eyeing 2014 regardless of how implausible it seems.

Will be interesting to see what Howard does in the off-season. I find it unlikely he'd leave money on the table and walk, especially with how quickly the Lakers can reload, but who know how soured he can become if they miss the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should trade D12. Better return in assets and Pau is a better fit at the 5 with Nash.

yup. especially because if this season keeps going down the tubes, Howard is GONZO after this season and they lose him for nothing.

and I know that most Laker fans think it's heresy that anyone would dare leave the Lakers, but Howard didn't want to go there in the first place, is freaking miserable and will get pretty ALL the blame in LA if they don't win the title this year and he ain't the type who takes any type of criticism well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one more thing. Clark has been playing pretty good ball, but holy cow, no one should ever let him near a microphone. He makes Marion sound like a mensa candidate.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup. especially because if this season keeps going down the tubes, Howard is GONZO after this season and they lose him for nothing.

and I know that most Laker fans think it's heresy that anyone would dare leave the Lakers, but Howard didn't want to go there in the first place, is freaking miserable and will get pretty ALL the blame in LA if they don't win the title this year and he ain't the type who takes any type of criticism well.

And honestly, I don't even care if he leaves. Holy crap has he been terrible. He's weak and useless.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And honestly, I don't even care if he leaves. Holy crap has he been terrible. He's weak and useless.
I think Kobe is starting to feel the same way. Another funny thing I saw in the fourth last night was when Howard came back in, and after Pau makes a shot he tries to communicate with Howard about something. But Howard ignored him and wouldn't even make eye contact. Howard is the perfect LA plague.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
The writer of this article was the mouthpiece for Howard during the off-season fiasco that led him to the Lakers. He literally set all the rumors straight and was the only guy that spoke to Dimlight Coward directly.
I have a feeling Rudolph is at it again. This time, he's helping Coward get out of LA. Or he's trying to facilitate for both parties ( Coward-Nets)

Source: Nets Preparing To Pursue Trade For Dwight

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225723/Source_Nets_Preparing_To_Pursue_Trade_For_Dwight

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take Love for Dwight in a second. Wouldn't even blink. Even injured.

Dwight is atrocious.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would take Love for Dwight in a second. Wouldn't even blink. Even injured.

Dwight is atrocious.

The bigger issue with that trade is Minnesota agreeing to take Lopez in exchange for Love.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Why would Minny do that?

D12 could maybe handle Brooklyn, no way the Knicks. Whereas many athletes have used widespread criticism to fuel them and get better (Kobe post-Colorado and LeBron post-Decision/Finals meltdown), D12 pulled a Tiger and is just melting down one day at a time. The guy will never be able to handle LA market.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

Quality win.

Lakes need to go 7-3 over each 10 game stretch that is left to get to about the 7 seed.

2-0 so far on this one.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Has Kobe really dropped 28 dimes in the last two games? Doesn't sound right, maybe I misheard it. It would explain the winning 2 in a row :shock: but it aint like that's going to keep happening. Kobe is still a badass though.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has Kobe really dropped 28 dimes in the last two games? Doesn't sound right, maybe I misheard it. It would explain the winning 2 in a row :shock: but it aint like that's going to keep happening. Kobe is still a badass though.

Yep, a rebound away from triple doubles in both games. 14 dimes in both. 68% shooting. They've been running the offense through Kobe and opening up Nash to shoot the ball more.

Dwight still sucked on offense in both games though.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep, a rebound away from triple doubles in both games. 14 dimes in both. 68% shooting. They've been running the offense through Kobe and opening up Nash to shoot the ball more.

Dwight still sucked on offense in both games though.
Damn I gotta watch the next game now. That's crazy but it sounds crazy enough to work, might be too many miles on Kobe's old body in the end though, especially if he's still stepping up his defense on the oppsing team's prime scorers. That's spending a whole lot of energy my man.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
That was a good win against the Thunder. Gotta give props for that. Remains to be seen if this kind of ball works on the road before I say they've turned the corner.
Still wondering about Kobe...What do they say about a Tiger and it's stripes?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 in a row, Kobe flirts with trip dub again with 14-11-8. Earl Clark blossoms some more with 20-4-12. More impressive, he spaces the floor well and plays really good D. Still raw, but a great throw in with the Dwight deal.

For once, tonight, D12 was rolling off the pick and getting the ball for easy shots and kickouts. It's like he finally remembered he's pretty good at PnR basketball.

See you suns fans tomorrow night.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
3 in a row, Kobe flirts with trip dub again with 14-11-8. Earl Clark blossoms some more with 20-4-12. More impressive, he spaces the floor well and plays really good D. Still raw, but a great throw in with the Dwight deal.

For once, tonight, D12 was rolling off the pick and getting the ball for easy shots and kickouts. It's like he finally remembered he's pretty good at PnR basketball.

See you suns fans tomorrow night.
If the Lakers lose against the Nuns......I'm calling it. :D

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really miss Gee's gleeful facebook posts.

:sadface: :tear: :fml:

Oh I'm sure I will get plenty more chances to brighten up your days with the Facebook posts.. I knew you loved them, I just knew it..