Whisenhunt: Relationships in Question

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Let's see now---

1. Anquan Boldin---how any NFL head coach could manage to alienate this guy is beyond comprehension...and at the time of the NFC Championship it seemed incomprehensible that Boldin would still be so indignant...

2. Matt Leinart---it's not so much that Whisenhunt found the faults in Leinart---it's how he handled the Leinart situation that was regrettable, not only for Leinart but for the team on the eve of the new season.

3. Beanie Wells---never seemed to fit Whisenhunt's system to begin with because he is so one-dimensional. Despite the glaring needs in the o-line and at pass rusher, Whisenhunt uses the first round pick following the Super Bowl on Wells, and he can't even beat out THT---and then---came the knee injury---and then something that is still virtually impossible to comprehend, that despite the knee issue, Whisenhunt pounds the ball with Wells deep into the second halfs of pre-season games.

Then this year---Wells gets hurt again (a toe this time), and even thought the team was off to a great start, Whisenhunt decided to throw Wells on the temporary IR, while Whisenhunt keeps injured TE Todd Heap the entire duration of that time. Wells was clamoring that he was fine and ready to go three weeks before he was eligible to come off the IR. Meanwhile, Heap continues to be de-activated on game days.

Now Wells says he's auditioning for 31 teams---not to excuse him for his non-contact fumble on the one inch line last week---but it is what it is.

4. Todd Heap---what in the world happened with this guy? First there were rumors to the effect that when Whisenhunt following a loss was casting blame on players who weren't participating (e.g. Todd Heap)---then when Heap was finally healthy enough to play---he gets de-activated again, and then gets cut.

5. Adrian Wilson---first of all, Adrian Wilson has put more blood, sweat and tears into the Cardinals' organization than any coach on the current staff ever has---to make him the scapegoat following the bye week with Whisenhunt's new "holding everyone accountable" rule---was outrageous. There would have been no problem subbing quietly for him in the nickel and dime packages---as he wound up playing the vast majority of the defensive snaps anyway---but to single him out was egregious.

And now Wilson has to face daily questions from the media about it possibly and quite probably being his last game at U of P---I don't know about you, but that has me incredibly upset. Wilson, of anyone, deserves better.

Wilson also agreed to a pay cut this past summer, which is humiliating enough for a recent Pro Bowler---talk about loyalty, though. He was the one who all along stood by the Cardinals when he could have forced his way out of town. He was the one crying tears of joy as the Halas Trophy was being lifted.

The thing is---Wilson can still be a dynamic force for the defense in a modified role---if it were up to me, he wouldn't be going anywhere. I would hate to see him in another team's uniform the same way I hate seeing Boldin as a Raven and hated seeing Aeneas Williams as a Ram.

Adrian Wilson should be a Cardinal for life.

6. Darnell Dockett---something's been not quite right about him all year---not sure in this case what Whisenhunt's role in this is---but the reported $200,000 fine for disobeying team orders seems egregious.

Dockett came to Ray Horton to say he and the defense were ready to go prior to the Lions' game---and boy oh boy were they ready to go---so it wouldn't seem like Dockett's animosity is not directed toward Horton.

In the Bears game, Dockett's effort was poor. Why?

7. John Skelton---sure Skelton was very bad in the Seattle game---but look at the seesaw he has been on with Ken Whisenhunt since the day he was drafted:

a. No first team reps at all as a rookie while Derek Anderson fails and Max Hall is tabbed in front of Skelton.

b. When all QB options were exhausted and it was Skelton's turn, he STILL hadn't had any first team reps and was told that street FA Richard Bartel was being brought in and could start in front of him.

c. Despite the lack of reps, Skelton leads the Cardinals to two wins, one versus the Rams and one versus the Cowboys (in come from behind fashion on Christmas)---which was the one bright spot for an otherwise dismal 5-11 season. Then he gets yanked for Bartel at SF early into the second half, which Skelton said after the game he did not see coming.

d. Ken Whisenhunt says to the media, 'I am not happy or comfortable with any of our QBs."

e. The Cardinals trade for QB Kevin Kolb.

f. Kolb struggles mightily, the team gets off to a 1-6 start, then Kolb gets hurt. Skelton replaces him and proceeds to go 6-2, winning 4 of those games on comeback drives....and winning at Philadelphia in stunning fashion, to boot.

g. Despite mounting a winning streak, Skelton is replaced by Kolb for the Dallas game. Kolb and the Cardinals win.

h. Kolb starts the 49ers game and gets hurt. Skelton leads a big comeback and the Cardinals beat the then 10-2 49ers for the first time in the last six chances.

i. Skelton struggles in the first half versus the Bengals but leads an impressive comeback that ends on a very possible TD pass that Early Doucet slips on. Skelton finishes out the season with a feel-ggod win over the Seahawks---first Cardinals' win in four chances over Pete Carroll.

j. Whisnhunt states that the QB job is an open competition between Kolb and Skelton.

k. Skelton gets the least amount of snaps in pre-season, despite there being 5 pre-season games and despite that Kolb is struggling mightily.

l. Skelton gets the start in the 4th pre-season game---but has to play behind a PS LT and has zero time to throw. Is yanked for Kolb, who thankfully later gets a replacement at LT as starts to produce...which is great for him, but tarnished a little by a poor pick six coming out of the locker room to start the second half.

m. Now a two week wait to hear who the starter will be---and it's been announced that neither Skelton nor Kolb would be getting any snaps in the final pre-season game.

n. In a surprise to some and perhaps many, Skelton is named the starter.

o. Skelton injures his ankle early in the first half, Kolb comes in and leads the team to four straight victories in a similar fashion to how Skelton did the year before: capitalizing on very good defense and despite struggling at time on offense, putting up enough points to win.

p. Kolb and the Cardinals lose game 5 to the Rams---and then in game 6 versus Buffalo at home, a struggling Kolb is injured and Skelton comes in, helps to lead the team to what should have been the game winning field goal, except Feely misses it from 38 yards out. Skelton throws a poor interception in OT and a nine game losing streak is well on its way.

q. Skelton's best game in the interim comes versus GB at Lambeau on a day where the defense gives up some rare big TD plays---but Skelton hangs in there for over 300 yards and the last TD pass of what could well be the season.

r. Despite a stunning 13-3 lead generated by the defense versus the top NFC team in the Falcons at their place, no less---after Skelton misses a wide open Larry Fitzgerald in the end zone causing the team to settle for a field goal instead, Skelton is benched in favor of Ryan Lindley, a rookie who had never taken a snap in an NFL game.

Note: this Atlanta game following the bye week had the Cardinals still in decent shape for playoff contention---if they pull off the stunning win they are 5-5---and the winning formula in the second half of last year was great defense combined with just good enough offense and 4th quarter heroics. That formula was looking great at 13-3---but the formula ended right there when Skelton was pulled.

s. Despite Lindley struggling in epic proportions to the tune of 0-15 on third down conversions in a very winnable Jets' game, with the game on the line and having generated 6 career 4th quarter comebacks, Whisenhunt does not sub Skelton in.

t. Instead, Whisenhunt gives Skelton the dubious task of taking on a red-hot Seahawks team up in Seattle where they almost never lose. Skelton is bad---but then again so is the whole demoralized team to the tune of 58-0 bad. That's it for Skelton. He is yanked in favor of Lindley and Lindley fares no better. Lindley gets the start versus the Lions.

u. A week later Skelton is de-activated versus the Bears in favor of a recently acquired Brian Hoyer.

QBs on yo-yos---not much of a chance is there?

8. Russ Grimm---everyone says Whisenhunt and Grimm are buddy-buddies. But realistically as professionals can anyone possibly think that is the case? First of all, Russ Grimm must still be kicking himself in the arse for not being the first to jump at the Cardinals' job. Grimm didn't read the writing on the wall in Pittsburgh as quickly as Whisenhunt did.

Grimm's performance in Arizona has been suspect at best. But even he has had to suffer through role changes---once upon a time he was the co-offensive coordinator in charge of the running game---but that went away as quickly as a Julius Peppers rush around an isolated Cardinal LT.

The there was the whole Springsteen incident at the Super Bowl---which is about as irresponsible a decision as a coach can make.

To think that Grimm and Whisenhunt are on the same page would be an elastic stretch of anyone's imagination.

And what exactly is Grimm's role as assistant head coach other than to flip pre-game over-the-shoulder tosses for Fitzgerald or than to collect a fatter paycheck?

We hardly ever hear from the guy, do we?

Talk about silent partners.

9. The Bidwills---I actually feel somewhat sorry for them, because this is deja vu all over again for them as the they are now faced with a second time in a row of having to eat the last year of a head coach's contract because the head coach could not provide the stability the organization needs on the field and in its relationships with the players and fans.

Seeing and hearing a raucous hoard of Bears' fans whoop it up at the U of P last Sunday is a symbol and signal of just how far the image and reputation of the franchise has fallen these past three years.

With the Cardinals' fall has been the swift rise of the other NFC West teams in the division as two of them this year are legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

Where I lack sympathy for the Bidwill is how they handled the rare taste of winning on a national stage---it all started to unravel the day Kurt Warner flew to SF.

But now---franchise altering decisions need to be made---let's see how strongly the memory of the taste of winning has remained.

I agree that the Boldin situation left a sour taste in my mouth but I was as disappointed in how Boldin handled the situation as I was with the team. Boldin pushed his way out because he wanted to be the man and wanted the dollars to reflect that, but decided to negotiate through the media sounded his own death toll.

In regards to Matt Leinart, Chris Wells, Todd Heap, and John Skelton, I don't see why anyone has any reason to complain about how their situations were handled. They all were handed opportunities to be the unquestioned starters on this team and they all failed to capitalize on that opportunity. Leinart showed very little drive or ambition to be the man after Warner left. Wells has failed to hold onto the ball, produce league average stats, and stay healthy. Even Adrian Peterson and Tiki Barber had to make changes in regards to ball security and they produced significantly better stats then Wells ever has. Heap obviously didn't want to put in the work anymore and Skelton got a rare opportunity for a 5th rounder and fell on his face as well. Were all the situations ideal for these guys? No, but it is the NFL and if you have to be motivated to make the most of a starting opportunity than you most likely will never be the guy.

Adrian Wilson and Darnell Dockett are totally different scenarios. Wilson is an ageing player who the new defensive coordinator has decided to phase out. These situations are almost never easy or work out for the team. Wilson thinks he has more left in the tank and Horton doesn't. That is tough anyway you cut it. Dockett is a hot head who wants to win, but he also doesn't think before he reacts which has got him into trouble in the past. This team has had and will continue to have issues with Dockett because of this. It doesn't mean he is a bad player, but it also doesn't put the team in the best of positions either.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's see now---

1. Anquan Boldin---

2. Matt Leinart---

3. Beanie Wells---

4. Todd Heap---

5. Adrian Wilson---

6. Darnell Dockett---

7. John Skelton---

The Boldin, Wells, and Leinart situations have been commented on previously, so I'll stay away from those.

Heap -There seemed to be some strange things going on with Heap this year. The local writers seemed to indicate that Heap was given the clear to play from the doctors, but refused to do so. Would that not upset you as a coach? In one thread you slam Whiz for not holding people accountable, and then you slam him for holding players accountable.

Wilson -"Adrian Wilson should be a Cardinal for life." Why? That's ridiculous. If the guy isn't performing well and doesn't give you the best chance to win, why in the world would you play him? That seems to fly in the face of your assessment of Grimm, whom Whiz is keeping seemingly only out of loyalty. So should we keep people out of loyalty, or not? Which is it?

Dockett -Darnell Dockett has said numerous times over the years, both in interviews and on twitter, how much he respects and appreciated Whiz. It wasn't til after Dockett refused coaches orders, had an incident with a teammate, and was therefore fined a chunk of money that his feelings seemingly changed. From my very limited knowledge as an outsider, that doesn't sound like Whiz is much at fault.

Skelton - Skelton has been given every change that he deserves, and more. He just isn't good. Whiz was willing to start Skelton over the QB he had seemingly just bet his career on by trading for just a year prior. That's pretty respectable in my book. Over the last three years Skelton got a bigger chance here to play and perform than he would have anywhere else in the NFL. He failed and failed miserably.

Gosh, if you didn't know any better you'd think Whiz was the worst coach to walk the face of the earth, and not the winningest coach in Cardinal history who owns a 4-2 playoff record, and took a franchise to their very first Super Bowl.

Should coach Whiz be fired? Maybe. Honestly, I don't really know cause I don't know all the information or knowledge that's needed to make such a decision. However, the guy has done some dang good things with this organization. Say he rode on Warner's wings all you want, but before signing here Warner was just an old QB who had just been benched by two other organizations that no longer wanted him.

Don't take this as a personal attack, because it's not that at all.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If some people need motivation from the coach, they are in the wrong profession. They are in the NFL making millions, if that doesn't motivate you enough, something has to be wrong.

Zig Ziegler and Tony Robbins among others would disagree with you.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
He hasn't changed the protection patterns, though, Russ.

This week---get this:

All 3 of Julius Peppers' sacks came on 3rd and 7s---and in none of those cases did the Cardinals chip on Peppers (thus leaving rookie Nate Potter alone on him), nor did they even have the RB in the shotgun to his side.

For a team that has the 5th worst 3rd Down Conversion % in the NFL---since the stat was kept---how can you explain this?

There is no excuse for it.

What is does explain---is WHY the Cardinals have the worst 3rd Down % in the NFL.

And on the rare occasions when the Cardinals do offer help, have you seen the blocking technique that the TEs and RBs use? It's so bad, it's pitiful.

This is the biggest issue I have with the coaching staff other than some of the decisions made on starters.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How did Whiz humiliate Leinart?

Leinart didn't play well. If he was humiliated he did it to himself. Leinart was the one who chose to be the party boy celeb who didn't produce on the field. That's not on Whiz. That's on Leinart.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Let's see now---

1. Anquan Boldin---how any NFL head coach could manage to alienate this guy is beyond comprehension...and at the time of the NFC Championship it seemed incomprehensible that Boldin would still be so indignant...

Q wanted a new long-term contract. I truly think he let his feelings about $ manifest into his personality around the team and sideline.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to know when the excuses for Skelton will end. He just isn't that good, even though he has had his chances. Hell, he could have won the starting job outright though it appears he did little to prepare during the offseason.

I agree with the Heap situation for sure though. Ridiculous for him to take up a roster spot for so long considering he was rarely to never healthy and the Cards had better option at the TE position.

The Adrian Wilson situation is upsetting. Love the guy. Do not want to see him in another uniform, even if it means he takes a diminished role.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reasons for why Whisnehunt forced Skelton to suck only go from the letter a to u?

Until you can at least reach the letter y, I ain't buying it bro!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If some people need motivation from the coach, they are in the wrong profession. They are in the NFL making millions, if that doesn't motivate you enough, something has to be wrong.

This, because this is a big boy's sport and they should not need someone to hold their hand and play Mr. Nurturer. These guys are now adults and professionals.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I thought Boldin was PO'd at the front office because they, according to him, promised to redo his contract and then reneged.

Leinart and Skelton have no one but themsleves to blame for their failures. If they would have put the effort in, they may still be playing.

Heap was a bad signing form the get go. He was doing nothing but collecting a paycheck.

Dockett is just getting old and is more likely prone to inconsistent games.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This, because this is a big boy's sport and they should not need someone to hold their hand and play Mr. Nurturer. These guys are now adults and professionals.

So are the guys on the other team. So the coach that can better prepare and motivate his players will kick your rear every time if you just send your guys out there flat.

Motivation helps in every industry pro sports included.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So are the guys on the other team. So the coach that can better prepare and motivate his players will kick your rear every time if you just send your guys out there flat.

Motivation helps in every industry pro sports included.

I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for some to grasp. You can't make a blanket statement and say they are pros so shouldnt need motivation...if talent is equal the more motivated team wins period (and self motivation only goes so far).

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
Skelton deserves to "be on a seesaw" stop acting like the guy is owed job stability with his play. It's not like he's Aaron Rodgers or anything...

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
How did Whiz humiliate Leinart?

Leinart didn't play well. If he was humiliated he did it to himself. Leinart was the one who chose to be the party boy celeb who didn't produce on the field. That's not on Whiz. That's on Leinart.

First of all, Dems, let me preface my response by saying that I had lost favor with Leinart well before that season and was hoping that the Cardinals would sign a better QB---

When they signed Derek Anderson I was hoping they could help get DA back to the player he was in his one good season in Cleveland---but I think we all knew that was going to be a big IF.

But---after naming Leinart as the starter with conviction during the off-season and through minicamps---and reading all the times Whisenhunt was praising Leinart for his "maturing", his "work ethic" and how Leinart "deserved it"---it was rather remarkable that just one week into TC, Leinart didn't play well in the Red and White scrimmage and basically Whisenhunt's mind was made up right then and there---because---

If you recall, even though Leinart started the first two pre-season games, Whisenhunt only played him in two series and took him out.

For a QB who hadn't played very much over the past three seasons that was ridiculously small amount of playing time---and it seemed like token playing time at that.

it was clear that Whisenhunt wanted to get a good, long look at Derek Anderson and Max Hall instead.

Then Whisenhunt announced that Anderson would now start the third pre-season game---

Funny too that Whisenhunt said of the move that he wanted the offense to get off "to faster starts."

More on that later.

Mike Sando wrote of the decision:

"The move comes as a mild surprise because Leinart didn't get many opportunities to this point in preseason."

"The demotion midway through pre-season undermines Leinart's ability to lead the team in the future, affirming questions about his viability in Arizona beyond August, let alone beyond this season."

"This also shows Whisenhunt's willingness to tolerate and even promote competition---even at the expense of stability---at the most important position."

Then there were media reports that Leinart had lost the support of his teammates---which was one of the main reasons why Whisenhunt went with Anderson instead.

My issue with all of this is the the lack of communication Whisenhunt had with Leinart---Leinart suffered through the demotion all week and Whisenhunt never said a word to him---

What he should have done is cut Leinart right then.

BETTER YET---Leinart, who, let's be real, was NEVER really in favor with CKW, should have been cut or traded before the draft.

Then, if you recall, when everyone knows the following week that Leinart is now on the trading block and is auditioning with two token series in the final pre-season game.

To me that was embarrassing---Leinart had already been deemed a pariah and to watch him walk the sidelines as one---all demoralized as anyone would be---it would be like getting fired but asked to go to the Christmas party.

Now--Leinart made his own mistakes in this as well---he spoke his frustrations to the media---but what would you expect him to do?

I guess anyone can say tough football players should know how to deal with the big bad unfair world out there---but, in fairness to Leinart, his tenure with the Cardinals, a team whose owners invested a great deal in this young man, came to a screeching halt after one week of practice when all the reports on him all along were positive.

Plus, to be fair, Leinart lost his starting job to Warner in pre-season when he played poorly against the Raiders.

Now he looked forward to redeeming himself in these pre-season games, and basically gets token action.

Then the demotion and silent treatment---then the sad sights on national TV versus Tennessee---

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Skelton deserves to "be on a seesaw" stop acting like the guy is owed job stability with his play. It's not like he's Aaron Rodgers or anything...

Odd how many, not you specifically, write this but then claim CKW and staff are owed job stability in spite of a performance as poor as Skelton's or Lindley's over the last 3 years.

18-47. Heck that's worse than Skelton or Lindley.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good points about Belichick---but for every one Haynesworth there were 4-5 veterans who jumped on board with a passion.

As for motivating players---yes the players in general are playing hard, and you are so right about the execution, but I would add that motivation comes best through weekly preparation and we are seeing the same old same old every week with very little variation in the monotonous pattern.

Also---can you make a case for any Cardinal player on offense having an above average season by NFL standards?

That part is very disconcerting.

Agreed. Belichick got the most out of Corey Dillon and Randy Moss to name a couple.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am 50 / 50 on Whiz right now but there is some merit to what Mitch is saying.

I have spoken with players in the past and they have all said Whiz is two faced. The Leinart situation pretty much confirmed that and to some extent we have seen it with Skelton.

That being said, neither have turned out to be very good players so they don't or didn't have a future with the team. How you assign the blame for that depends on what you think makes a great player. Is it the coach or the player's drive, talent, and determination. I prefer to think it is the latter.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am 50 / 50 on Whiz right now but there is some merit to what Mitch is saying.

I have spoken with players in the past and they have all said Whiz is two faced. The Leinart situation pretty much confirmed that and to some extent we have seen it with Skelton.

That being said, neither have turned out to be very good players so they don't or didn't have a future with the team. How you assign the blame for that depends on what you think makes a great player. Is it the coach or the player's drive, talent, and determination. I prefer to think it is the latter.

You also have to ask why is it that so many of the latter end up being signed by the Cardinals.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to know when the excuses for Skelton will end. He just isn't that good, even though he has had his chances. Hell, he could have won the starting job outright though it appears he did little to prepare during the offseason.

I agree with the Heap situation for sure though. Ridiculous for him to take up a roster spot for so long considering he was rarely to never healthy and the Cards had better option at the TE position.

The Adrian Wilson situation is upsetting. Love the guy. Do not want to see him in another uniform, even if it means he takes a diminished role.

Agreed. I think he did just enough last season (in clutch moments) to earn all the excuses we made for him going into this offseason. But, he's used up that grace and when given more than a fair chance to show what he was made of, he did just that. There's no room in football for what he's made of.

Steve

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stat Guys...

It's convenient to single out all the individual bad moves a team has made in order to slam it. I suspect you could do the same thing with every NFL team and make them look bad. (But what about all the good moves all of those teams also made - you really have to balance out the two).

But I'm wiling to be proved wrong. My challenge, therefore, is to review the personnel-moves of all 32 NFL teams over the past 5-10 years and rate each move on a scale of 1 (terrific) to 5 (awful) and total up each team's # or % of 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's and 5's.

I realize that "one person's "2" may be another person's "4" but would be willing to accept that as "the best we can do." And it would be more realistic than merely cherrypicking each team's mistakes.

What say you?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's convenient to single out all the individual bad moves a team has made in order to slam it. I suspect you could do the same thing with every NFL team and make them look bad. (But what about all the good moves all of those teams also made - you really have to balance out the two).

But I'm wiling to be proved wrong. My challenge, therefore, is to review the personnel-moves of all 32 NFL teams over the past 5-10 years and rate each move on a scale of 1 (terrific) to 5 (awful) and total up each team's # or % of 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's and 5's.

I realize that "one person's "2" may be another person's "4" but would be willing to accept that as "the best we can do." And it would be more realistic than merely cherrypicking each team's mistakes.

What say you?

18 for 47 and 501-1,249 says it all. I'd wager you couldn't single out stats to make too many other teams look that bad. :D

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
Odd how many, not you specifically, write this but then claim CKW and staff are owed job stability in spite of a performance as poor as Skelton's or Lindley's over the last 3 years.

18-47. Heck that's worse than Skelton or Lindley.

Yeah, I'm more in the "off with their heads!" camp.:D

machgman

Veteran
Reaction score
Mitch is ABSOLUTELY correct and accurate in his detailing of how the Cards season has gone. By his attention to detail and accounting, Mitch pinpoints the total mismanagment by Whisenhut of the Cards.

I simply cannot believe anyone supports Whiz when you look at the facts based on the team’s perfromance. Whiz has done NOTHING except ride Kurt Warner’s coattails to the Super Bowl. Warner inspired the Cards Defense to play better than they ever had in the system they were in. Whiz' only real successes are based on Warner's drive, leadership, and performances.

What’s my proof? You only need to consider that once Warner left, Whiz has been exposed as totally incompetent in being a successful head coach and in all of the duties and player evaluations that go along with it. The proof is in the team’s performance both while Warner was playing and demanding excellence from the Offense while inspiring the Defense to where in Warner’s absence, Whiz has laid down irrefutable proof that he is really incompetent as a head coach.

Pittsburgh obviously knew a lot about Whiz (and how he would be a crummy head coach) and THAT is why they passed on him for their head coach vacancy when they could have hired Whisenhut first before Tomlin was ever in the picture.

Only the Cards would gladly take Pittsburgh's rejects and Whisenhut has continued that by trying to bring in almost all of Pittsburgh's over the hill players after Pittsburgh cuts them. Well, Whisenhut has proven THAT personnel acquisition strategy sure doesn't work in general when only a few ex-Steelers have really contributed instead of taking up roster spots only to get burned when they have entered games..

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mitch is ABSOLUTELY correct and accurate in his detailing of how the Cards season has gone. By his attention to detail and accounting, Mitch pinpoints the total mismanagment by Whisenhut of the Cards.

I simply cannot believe anyone supports Whiz when you look at the facts based on the team’s perfromance. Whiz has done NOTHING except ride Kurt Warner’s coattails to the Super Bowl. Warner inspired the Cards Defense to play better than they ever had in the system they were in. Whiz' only real successes are based on Warner's drive, leadership, and performances.

What’s my proof? You only need to consider that once Warner left, Whiz has been exposed as totally incompetent in being a successful head coach and in all of the duties and player evaluations that go along with it. The proof is in the team’s performance both while Warner was playing and demanding excellence from the Offense while inspiring the Defense to where in Warner’s absence, Whiz has laid down irrefutable proof that he is really incompetent as a head coach.

Pittsburgh obviously knew a lot about Whiz (and how he would be a crummy head coach) and THAT is why they passed on him for their head coach vacancy when they could have hired Whisenhut first before Tomlin was ever in the picture.

Only the Cards would gladly take Pittsburgh's rejects and Whisenhut has continued that by trying to bring in almost all of Pittsburgh's over the hill players after Pittsburgh cuts them. Well, Whisenhut has proven THAT personnel acquisition strategy sure doesn't work in general when only a few ex-Steelers have really contributed instead of taking up roster spots only to get burned when they have entered games..

Before coming here, Warner had just been benched by two other organizations and was seemingly done. So can't it be argued that Whiz put Warner in a better position to succeed?

All coaches fail without a QB. Belichick? failed. Shanahan? failed.

Blame Whiz all you want for poor talent evaluation, because I think that's been proven. However, give the guy a good QB and he'll magically see success again.

There isn't a coach in the league who could be successful with Anderson, Hall, Bartel, Lindley, or Skelton. It's incredible we saw the kind of success we did with Skelton at the end of last year and Kolb at the beginning of this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen