Battlestar Galactica (remake)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Tory sucked :)

So here are my favorite two moments in the series, although there are others I like too:

My #1 overall, top episode: Exodus Part 2...when they escape from New Caprica. My favorite moment in that episode is when the Galactica jumps into the atmosphere...wow. Chilling, amazing...genius.

#2 - All Along the Watchtower...the end of the third season, when the final four discover who they are. Man that was awesome the way they heard the music and just met up in that cargo hold. Then the music plays, Apollo sees Starbuck, the camera pans to Earth (maybe)...wow.

Anyways, glad you liked the series. Any favorite moments for you?

See, I hated All Along the Watchtower. It was a good episode, no denying, and the music selection was great. The problem is that the decision the writers had about the final Cylons was just idiotic and shocking just to be shocking. I agreed with almost all of the other changes from the original, but turning these people into Cylons? Especially Tigh? Stupid, and the stupidity ruins the episode.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, some of it is laughable. Still in first episode though. Will give it a couple more.

Oh geez, it's the first one...but truly...the writing and acting is amongst the very best on TV ever...so give it a shot :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh geez, it's the first one...but truly...the writing and acting is amongst the very best on TV ever...so give it a shot :)

Something tells me the writing and the acting won't reach the level of Star Trek The original let alone mad Men or Sopranos. But for mindless sci fi nerdness I am on board.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Something tells me the writing and the acting won't reach the level of Star Trek The original let alone mad Men or Sopranos. But for mindless sci fi nerdness I am on board.

Star Trek the Original? Are you serious?? Any self-respecting Trek fan knows it's the delivery, not the writing, that was so great. ;)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Trek the Original? Are you serious?? Any self-respecting Trek fan knows it's the delivery, not the writing, that was so great. ;)

Absolutely. "frakking?". Yeah that is brilliant right there.

Who is the Asian girl pilot in a pony tail? She should win an Oscar someday.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Absolutely. "frakking?". Yeah that is brilliant right there.

I guess I don't get why you care so much about it. If you don't like "frakking" and other curse word replacements, then you might as well stop watching--it's not going away.

Who is the Asian girl pilot in a pony tail? She should win an Oscar someday.

Who, Grace Park? She's on Hawaii Five-0 now.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I don't get why you care so much about it. If you don't like "frakking" and other curse word replacements, then you might as well stop watching--it's not going away.

Who, Grace Park? She's on Hawaii Five-0 now.

I think I mostly didn't expect the seriously cheeseballness. Yeah, Grace Park. Horrible. Apollo not much better.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think I mostly didn't expect the seriously cheeseballness. Yeah, Grace Park. Horrible. Apollo not much better.

To be fair, it took me a few episodes to get into the show as well. Not like Deadwood, Carnivale or X-Files, which hooked me from the start.

But after those first few episodes, it became must watch tv for me.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, it took me a few episodes to get into the show as well. Not like Deadwood, Carnivale or X-Files, which hooked me from the start.

But after those first few episodes, it became must watch tv for me.

Second episode is better.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You gotta be kidding me...mindless sci-fi? Are you trying to troll on this thread or are you serious :)

It's just as good at those other series...although the writing in Mad Men is hard to top.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me...mindless sci-fi? Are you trying to troll on this thread or are you serious :)

It's just as good at those other series...although the writing in Mad Men is hard to top.

Tis getting better but...

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are times it's really good, but I have to agree with Mulli -- there are the occasional cheeseball moments that sort of pull you out of the drama. It definitely gets better by the end of the first season.

Didn't have a problem with "frakkin" though. It's a writer's attempt to project salty language into an alien dialogue. Whedon does that a lot. In Serenity they had "ruttin" but my favorite was the Chinese: Yi Da Tuo Da Bian

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are probably right.

I'm of a different mind than just about everybody else about this show. I think it starts out slow and builds into an incredible series, one of the best. And then, it does an abrupt turnaround and for 2 plus seasons it becomes one of the worst shows to ever air. It finishes with a decent episode (or three, I no longer recall exactly).

But you need to watch what you say about Grace Park. She's the reason I became a heterosexual. Well, actually I was leaning that way since birth but she iced the deal for me.

Steve

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am onto the 4th episode. Grace Park still can't act, but the series is better. A little.