Battlestar Galactica (remake)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the final episode of the series.

Holy frak, that was a good, good show. So well done, I was fully satisfied.

Bring on Caprica!!

My only problem with Caprica is think there is some continuity issues already. I have not seen them but in BSG they were surprised at the start that Cylons could even look like humans. However, if you look at the preview, it is obvious that the Cylons were not the first to develop a human looking machine.

I am wondering how they are going to get around that. Also, I hope this doesn't setup a precedent where they screw with the BSG continuity.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Just finished watching the final season. Being unemployed has its perks.

I have to say, a fabulous end to a fabulous series. Great acting, great writing. One hell of a finish. I'm going to miss this show. Just really, really well done.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have all of these they would like to loan me? :)

I watched the first 2 seasons and quit. Now I want to start over and finish it.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sooo I just finished up Season 1. I was FLOORED at the ending, OMG.

I never watched the original BSG so I don't know all that history. I had to go read up online and I basically spoiled myself trying to understand this show. Like, why didnt the doctor announce that Boomer was a cylon? Why keep it a secret? Why was the Caprica-Boomer helping Officer Hottie ? I thought the cylons were enemies and now some are trying to help us?

I totally thought the Drunk Top Dog guy was a cylon, but that was just a wild guess.

Anyhoo, I am going to watch the rest of the series since it's on Netflix Instant Watch. I've got 5 days off and a whole lot of time to waste :)

Anyone want to break this show down for me in a nice neat package? I just need a backbone of sorts to watch it - I've already spoiled myself on some of the big happenings so no worries on that. I just need a better perspective when I watch this show. The mini-series had me practically on the edge of my seat. It really felt like the end of the world and I wanted the humans to win!!! Now with all this cylons being nice, and human sympathizers to cylon girl, and stuff, my perspective is blown.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, though: just enjoy it. You don't need to know anything at all about the original series to understand and enjoy the hell out of this one.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sooo I just finished up Season 1. I was FLOORED at the ending, OMG.

I never watched the original BSG so I don't know all that history. I had to go read up online and I basically spoiled myself trying to understand this show. Like, why didnt the doctor announce that Boomer was a cylon? Why keep it a secret? Why was the Caprica-Boomer helping Officer Hottie ? I thought the cylons were enemies and now some are trying to help us?

I totally thought the Drunk Top Dog guy was a cylon, but that was just a wild guess.

Anyhoo, I am going to watch the rest of the series since it's on Netflix Instant Watch. I've got 5 days off and a whole lot of time to waste :)

Anyone want to break this show down for me in a nice neat package? I just need a backbone of sorts to watch it - I've already spoiled myself on some of the big happenings so no worries on that. I just need a better perspective when I watch this show. The mini-series had me practically on the edge of my seat. It really felt like the end of the world and I wanted the humans to win!!! Now with all this cylons being nice, and human sympathizers to cylon girl, and stuff, my perspective is blown.

Like Pariah said, just watch it and love it! I'm so excited to see you finally into this thing and enjoying it so much...it was such an amazing series.

One thing though...you said why does the Doctor not tell people that Boomer was a Cylon? You mean Baltar right? Baltar at this point in the series is all about protecting himself from blame in anything that happened...anything he does is to serve his own needs.

I dunno who Caprica-Boomer and Officer Hottie are :)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh...well obviously she fell in love with him right? I dunno what has happened with them up to this point so I kind of don't want to say anything...but they do have human emotions that can potentially go against their programming.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Pariah said, just watch it and love it! I'm so excited to see you finally into this thing and enjoying it so much...it was such an amazing series.

One thing though...you said why does the Doctor not tell people that Boomer was a Cylon? You mean Baltar right? Baltar at this point in the series is all about protecting himself from blame in anything that happened...anything he does is to serve his own needs.

I suck at names... the Cylon Sharon (Caprica version) and Kelo.

edit: Your explaination about Baltar makes sense. He is easily my least favorite character right now. I want to punch him in the face :)

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, young love with BSG. I absolutely loved this show.

I dig Caprica too, but BSG was fantastic.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, young love with BSG. I absolutely loved this show.

I dig Caprica too, but BSG was fantastic.

I've stayed out of the BSG love-fest because I don't really share the same appreciation that so many of you do. I'm wondering if there are any other detractors out there (or partial detractor, as I am).

I thought this show was excellent up until the escape in season 3 and from that point on it quickly became one of my least favorite shows of all time. I stayed with it though because I kept hoping for a return to it's early greatness and I wanted to know how it ended. Well, it ended just as strongly as it began but that 15 or so episodes in between we're god-awful IMO.

Steve

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a lull, yes, but it ended like gangbusters. I really loved the wrapup on it.

I forgave some of the softer middle for the overall greatness of the show. Same with Lost, there was a long section of bleh in the middle but the bookends of the show were great, IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've stayed out of the BSG love-fest because I don't really share the same appreciation that so many of you do. I'm wondering if there are any other detractors out there (or partial detractor, as I am).

I thought this show was excellent up until the escape in season 3 and from that point on it quickly became one of my least favorite shows of all time. I stayed with it though because I kept hoping for a return to it's early greatness and I wanted to know how it ended. Well, it ended just as strongly as it began but that 15 or so episodes in between we're god-awful IMO.

Steve

I read somewhere that they ran into budget constraints in season 3 and had to limit themselves in what they could film. I used to love the 'slice of life in the fleet' episodes, but you can't put ten 'slice of life' episodes in a row. I almost stopped watching because of it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a lull, yes, but it ended like gangbusters. I really loved the wrapup on it.

I forgave some of the softer middle for the overall greatness of the show. Same with Lost, there was a long section of bleh in the middle but the bookends of the show were great, IMO.

wha? really? I thought the end was atrocious... the entire half of the last season was awful in my opinion. once they pulled the final member of the "final 5" out of their ass, the show went off the rails and anyone who disagrees with me has their head so firmly shoved up their ass that they can taste what they had for dinner last night... respectfully of course.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wha? really? I thought the end was atrocious... the entire half of the last season was awful in my opinion. once they pulled the final member of the "final 5" out of their ass, the show went off the rails and anyone who disagrees with me has their head so firmly shoved up their ass that they can taste what they had for dinner last night... respectfully of course.

I enjoyed the ending but I've wondered if it wasn't just so that I could stop watching the stupid thing. As I've said, I thought it fell apart right after the escape from New Caprica and that lull continued until the end. The end might have been a bit off track but for the first time in quite awhile at least there was some action.

I bought the complete series on DVD and watched them one after the other and was really quite relieved when it was all over. Following the conclusion, I picked up the phone and started dialing friends and relatives to see if anyone wanted a free DVD collection of BSG. As time has passed I find myself wanting to watch it again because of how much I loved the first 2 seasons but then reality and the memory of the rest of the show brings me back to earth.

Steve

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You also thought the Miami Heat were slobber worthy. :shrug:

I really liked the direction of the final episodes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You also thought the Miami Heat were slobber worthy. :shrug:

to be fair, they ARE missing Mike Miller! lol. yeah... so far, they've been a hilariously bad joke. Tick tock goes the Riley clock.

I really liked the direction of the final episodes.

that's because you are a nincompoop. that word doesn't get nearly as much use as it should.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am now up to Season 2.5 episode 6. I really like the Starbuck character, flaws and all. I am settling in and not trying to over-think it (thanks Pariah). Good show so far.

Still HATE Baltar. Hate hate hate.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about to start the episodes of Baltar's trial. Ugh. I don't think I have ever hated a character as much as I do Baltar. They should have just thrown him out the air lock. Now I have to sit through episodes of his trial. Booooring.

edit: Nice finish to season 3!!

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished up the series tonight. I really really liked the ending, definitely had tears in my eyes through most of it. Great series, I will definitely have to re-watch this now that I know what this whole story is about.

Favorite characters: Starbuck, Admiral Adama, President Roslin
Least favorite characters: Baltar, although he redeemed himself in the last episode, Tory

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished up the series tonight. I really really liked the ending, definitely had tears in my eyes through most of it. Great series, I will definitely have to re-watch this now that I know what this whole story is about.

Favorite characters: Starbuck, Admiral Adama, President Roslin
Least favorite characters: Baltar, although he redeemed himself in the last episode, Tory

Tory sucked :)

So here are my favorite two moments in the series, although there are others I like too:

My #1 overall, top episode: Exodus Part 2...when they escape from New Caprica. My favorite moment in that episode is when the Galactica jumps into the atmosphere...wow. Chilling, amazing...genius.

#2 - All Along the Watchtower...the end of the third season, when the final four discover who they are. Man that was awesome the way they heard the music and just met up in that cargo hold. Then the music plays, Apollo sees Starbuck, the camera pans to Earth (maybe)...wow.

Anyways, glad you liked the series. Any favorite moments for you?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tory sucked :)

So here are my favorite two moments in the series, although there are others I like too:

My #1 overall, top episode: Exodus Part 2...when they escape from New Caprica. My favorite moment in that episode is when the Galactica jumps into the atmosphere...wow. Chilling, amazing...genius.

#2 - All Along the Watchtower...the end of the third season, when the final four discover who they are. Man that was awesome the way they heard the music and just met up in that cargo hold. Then the music plays, Apollo sees Starbuck, the camera pans to Earth (maybe)...wow.

Anyways, glad you liked the series. Any favorite moments for you?

The three episodes that I rated the highest was 33, Exodus Part 2 and Daybreak Part 3. I loved 33 because I could feel the despair and frustration of the characters, it really kept me on my seat. I loved Exodus Part 2 for pretty much the same reasons you mentioned. Great great episode. Daybreak Part 3 for obvious reason since it was the last episode and it was very well done I thought.

I liked the episode when Starbuck flew the Cylon raider and the boxing episode. I also liked the drunken talks/fights between Adama and Tigh after he found out he was a Cylon. I also liked a lot of scenes of Roslin's as well.

Great series!