Walter Football mock draft

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglUFT1OwKo

Walter has us drafting AJ Green assuming that Larry is going to leave. Seems like everyone in the national media believes he is going to be gone. If he does leave, implore the FO to get a 1st rounder for him. I want Larry to stay, but who knows, this team is in shambles right now. If we can snag two picks in the first round, we could take Green and possibly Locker. I believe 3 qb's could go in the top 10 (Luck, Mallet, Newton). If Larry stays and we get a top 5 pick, my gut tells me to get Newton. I am very scared that Mallet is going to be a DA 2.0

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2. Prince Amukamara, CB - If A.J. Green is off the board, Arizona could look into improving their miserable secondary.

This is who Whiz will take. Mark it down.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
This is who Whiz will take. Mark it down.

I have no complaints with either Amukamara, Peterson, Bowers or Quinn if Luck is gone which he probably will. Amukamara is going to be a lockdown CB at the next level IMO though I would rather Peterson since he's a one in a decade freak.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
He is gone after next season unless we can get an established QB in here to run the offense. Loves AZ, wants to stay, but doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding project or be a losing team for the rest of his career. (From his own mouth)

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
no complaints either grabbing one of those DB's. Our secondary is awful, but i would be oddly excited if we could grab a QB even if it wasn't luck.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no complaints with either Amukamara, Peterson, Bowers or Quinn if Luck is gone which he probably will. Amukamara is going to be a lockdown CB at the next level IMO though I would rather Peterson since he's a one in a decade freak.

There are too many QB's out there for us to go after another DB. And we need a QB badly. Someone we can build a team around. Don't know many teams who build around a CB.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
there are definitely some good qb's coming out. the problem is not all of them are going to be successful most likely. i'd be surprised if we get luck, but if we can't we have either newton, mallet, or locker. who do we grab out of those three if we decide to go qb?

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i think the main point of this thread was not to make a repetitive mock draft thread but to show that there are draft boards out there actually drafting a aj green. i was pretty shocked at that, but at the same time if fitz leaves, it makes sense.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I don't think it does make sense to draft AJ Green. We have arguably the most talented wide receiver in the NFL and it doesn't matter because we don't have any one to throw him the ball.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think it does make sense to draft AJ Green. We have arguably the most talented wide receiver in the NFL and it doesn't matter because we don't have any one to throw him the ball.

it makes sense if larry is leaving.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
If DA is still our QB I want nothing to do with AJ Green. Wasted pick with scud.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
there are some risk that breaston will be in other team next season considering is a free agent and then the next maybe we con lose even fitz.at this point make so much sense selecting the most talented player n this draft.aj green(check on you tube the one hand catch versus colorado)

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we draft a CB ill be pissed. We have no pass rush and cant stop the run. Our CB's are the least of our worries.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
If we draft a CB ill be pissed. We have no pass rush and cant stop the run. Our CB's are the least of our worries.

Finally a bit of sanity. On the defensive side of the game our drafting priorities should start with an OLB and an ILB on the strong side as well. With CC underperforming and Branch possibly leaving as an FA a DE would not be a bad idea. Our lack of pass rush is the biggest problem on our defense. You put any CB out there right now and they'll be getting smoked left right and centre with the QB having all day to disect them.

In terms of names its fun to speculate names early but id wait till we get nearer the end of the season before i make mind up about some of the players at those positions.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope the Cardinals won't try building the franchise with WR's, again...
after that we went to superbowl..not bad at all...aj green is the best player in the draft .a sure talent.

Last edited:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Walter has us drafting AJ Green assuming that Larry is going to leave. Seems like everyone in the national media believes he is going to be gone. If he does leave, implore the FO to get a 1st rounder for him. I want Larry to stay, but who knows, this team is in shambles right now. If we can snag two picks in the first round, we could take Green and possibly Locker. I believe 3 qb's could go in the top 10 (Luck, Mallet, Newton). If Larry stays and we get a top 5 pick, my gut tells me to get Newton. I am very scared that Mallet is going to be a DA 2.0

Newton runs a distant third behind Luck and Mallet in these polls. For good reason. He is not the prototype NFL QB. He has been a runner first and then a QB. That want work in the NFL. Newton could drop to the second round according to some of the gurus. Its Luck and Mallet all the way. Green could very easily be the first pick in the draft. He is the second coming of Larry Fitz. The big Georgia receiver is near impossible to cover one on one and some say is the most NFL ready of any player in the draft. Hope a couple of those teams who will pick ahead of us are looking for a guy like Green. Surprised to see some have Mallet going ahead of Luck. Good game tomorrow on TV---Auburn vs S.C for SEC championship. Arkansas beat S.C. easily during the season.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Green could easily be the first pick in the draft. We would be crazy not to draft Luck or Mallet. What good is Green if we have no QB. We would be better to keep Fitz if that is our line of thinking. QB QB QB anyway you look at it. We have the worst QB situation in all of football and no one on the way unless you are thinking Hall or Skelton. The Cards cannot be so dumb as to not draft a QB if they are in a position to get one of the top ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92