Bold and fearless predictions from an unabashed Seahawks fan.

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
Err.. Maybe i'm misunderstanding your post here, but the Hawks went to the SB in '05, and were in the playoffs in '06. Same coach.

AND in `07. Actually we had 5 straight playoff apperances w/ 4 straight division titles between `03 and `07. If you INSIST on living in the past, our past is better. And after a little hic-up with management/coaching - see Mora jr., Jim and Ruskell, Tim - we're getting set to continue the trend.

....but thanks for keeping our seat warm for us Cards....

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
Which team is going to show up Can'tHawk? The one who got stomped by the Rams or the one who stomped the Niners? We'll see, but your team--like most in this division--is way too inconsistent to be talking smack.

Cards have fared quite well in SEA since Whis took over and I think you underestimate the Cards to your detriment.

Well, the one thing we got goin for us is that we are consistent at home. That whole road game thing we are still a work in progress to say the least.

And it really doesn't matter how we view the Cards, I'm sure the team is preparing just as hard as any other week. Just a little more jacked up because of a big road win.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Welcome Hawks' Fans....

An early pivotal NFC West contest coming this Sun. Interesting. I'll only say this. I'm glad we are visiting you 1st. With alot of football yet to be played I look forward to the return date in the "nest". So, gentlemen, the 1st shot in this battle is yours. GO CARDS! :D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Err.. Maybe i'm misunderstanding your post here, but the Hawks went to the SB in '05, and were in the playoffs in '06. Same coach.

Err... that's what I said. "Only one other time..." And, that "same coach" of yours is no longer your coach. But yea, Holmgren was pretty decent too... :p

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
#3: Mike Williams continues his campaign for comeback player of the year with at least another 8 catches, only this time he adds a score. Your whole D is going to start cheating up to contain the Marshawn/Forsett combo and whan that happens, we start hitting BMW - That's Big Mike Williams for the uninitiated - on the slants and drags over the middle. Our offense is dynamic now *******!

Just FYI, you have to be somewhere before you can "come back" from there. As a former 2010 Mike Williams fantasy owner, having 2 good games after eating yourself out of the NFL for 2 years isn't going to earn you a lot of respect around the NFL.

Ladanian Tomlinson is the NFL Comeback Player of the Year if he can survive into January. No one else is close.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well, the one thing we got goin for us is that we are consistent at home. That whole road game thing we are still a work in progress to say the least.

And it really doesn't matter how we view the Cards, I'm sure the team is preparing just as hard as any other week. Just a little more jacked up because of a big road win.

Yes. 4-4 at home last year. 2-6 the year before. We dismantled you to the tune of a 24 point win (and it wasn't even that close) in your house last season in a game where your offense didn't touch the ball through the first 15 minutes. I don't remember Qwest being that loud then.

To finish the year, you consistently lost to mediocre to bad football teams in your last two home games, losing by 17 points to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3rd overall pick in the NFL draft!) and to the 8-8 Tennessee Titans, manfully allowing Chris Johnson to twice go over the 2000 yard rushing mark.

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
Just FYI, you have to be somewhere before you can "come back" from there. As a former 2010 Mike Williams fantasy owner, having 2 good games after eating yourself out of the NFL for 2 years isn't going to earn you a lot of respect around the NFL.

Ladanian Tomlinson is the NFL Comeback Player of the Year if he can survive into January. No one else is close.

Well by that logic you would also have to GO somewhere in order to be a comeback player of the the year. Aside from missing some time early in the season last year with an ankle thing, LT played and produced last season (though not quite up to his usual standard - but people miss time with injuries all the time and don't win awards for going back to work).

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
How many road games have the cardinals won this year?

Do your own homework.

The difference here is I don't feel the need to convince myself that my team is better than it is or to troll opponents message boards.

If the Cards do pull off a win this week at least you will have the rain to hide your tears.

In any event it should be an interesting match up on Sunday.

Here is to nobody getting hurt. :beer:

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
Do your own homework.

The difference here is I don't feel the need to convince myself that my team is better than it is or to troll opponents message boards.

If the Cards do pull off a win this week at least you will have the rain to hide your tears.

In any event it should be an interesting match up on Sunday.

Here is to nobody getting hurt. :beer:

I'll always share a toast with the enemy to nobody getting hurt! :beer:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well by that logic you would also have to GO somewhere in order to be a comeback player of the the year. Aside from missing some time early in the season last year with an ankle thing, LT played and produced last season (though not quite up to his usual standard - but people miss time with injuries all the time and don't win awards for going back to work).

Oh my God. You're on drugs.

In 2009 in San Diego, LDT rushed a full 1.1 YPC less than his career average. In 2010 with the Jets, he's averaging nearly a full YPC more than his career average. He has one fewer reception this season than he had his entire 2009 in San Diego. 2009 was the first season in LDT's career when he wasn't only not able to rush for 1000 yards, but the first season in his career when he wasn't able to rush for more than 1100 yards.

He's 7th in the NFL in rushing right now, despite having at last 13 fewer attempts than the four players behind him (including guys like MoJo Drew, Frank Gore, and Ray Rice). LDT is on pace for a 1300 yard season as a part time player.

If you don't believe the stats, then watch him play. There's no question that LDT is the NFL Comeback Player of the Year if he can keep up anything like his current production.

If you don't know something, it's all right to go and look at the research and then come back and say, "Wow, I had no idea that LDT was having such an amazing season." Instead, you opted to make yourself look like a complete fool.

Mike Williams is on pace for 64 receptions, 834 yards, and 0 TDs. Here we call those Bryant Johnson numbers.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes. 4-4 at home last year. 2-6 the year before. We dismantled you to the tune of a 24 point win (and it wasn't even that close) in your house last season in a game where your offense didn't touch the ball through the first 15 minutes. I don't remember Qwest being that loud then.

To finish the year, you consistently lost to mediocre to bad football teams in your last two home games, losing by 17 points to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3rd overall pick in the NFL draft!) and to the 8-8 Tennessee Titans, manfully allowing Chris Johnson to twice go over the 2000 yard rushing mark.

Wasn't that the game where the Hawks rushed for 14 yards on 11 carries?

Don't forget Seattle was coming off a 41-0 win over Jacksonville and thought they had it going and were on their way to the NFC West title then as well. Then the Cards just crushed them as Seattle gained only 128 net yards and 42 of those came from their punter!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Honestly, I hope Max works out for you guys, that will be one mmore chance for a better QB to make it past the early rounds (where you will pick) to the later rounds (where we will pick).

hey genius, unless you've traded all of your early picks and we traded all of our late picks we both pick in the same rounds. it's the location of where those picks land in each round that would differentiate how each team finished their respective season.

i love when opposing fans come in talking smack and just sounds like idiots.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We could also add that we beat that QB who had never played a game in the NFL, whereas the Hags lost to that same QB, allowing Bradford to throw for 290 yards and 2 TD's... ;)

I think him bringing up Bradford is a ridiculous argument anyways. Im not even 1/10 of a football guru as most of you guys on here (x&o wise) but It was fairly obvious even after one game of what I saw he is going to be a pretty special QB for a long time.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Although the Cardinals shouldn't impress anyone....

I really am unimpressed with the Hags as well.

One Adub sack on your brittle ass QB is all it takes to make this a blowout.

And don't forget how much confidence we have in your place right now. Last year wasn't pretty for you guys.

Good luck. No injuries.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Your team almost lost to a Quarterback who had never played a game in the NFL. Let's see how your next meeting goes.

and our team won (against the defending superbowl champion) with a quarterback who never played a game in the nfl. big whoop.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
and our team won (against the defending superbowl champion) with a quarterback who never played a game in the nfl. big whoop.

Against the defending SB Champs... And, while we "almost lost" against Bradford, the Hags go toasted by Bradford... LMAO!!

:D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Although the Cardinals shouldn't impress anyone....

I really am unimpressed with the Hags as well.

One Adub sack on your brittle ass QB is all it takes to make this a blowout.

And don't forget how much confidence we have in your place right now. Last year wasn't pretty for you guys.

Good luck. No injuries.

Seahawks fans thumping their chests about their illustrious pass rush are also inane. You sacked Jay Cutler a bunch of times? Congratulations! Everyone sacks Mike Martz's QBs a bunch of times. They've given up 27 sacks already this season.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
It don't mean a thing if you can't make it swing, doo wap doo wap!

The Bean is going to own him some Seachicken come Sunday. Gerald Hayes will own him some lynch too, welcome him to the NFCW, spitting up teeth!

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
Oh my God. You're on drugs.

In 2009 in San Diego, LDT rushed a full 1.1 YPC less than his career average. In 2010 with the Jets, he's averaging nearly a full YPC more than his career average. He has one fewer reception this season than he had his entire 2009 in San Diego. 2009 was the first season in LDT's career when he wasn't only not able to rush for 1000 yards, but the first season in his career when he wasn't able to rush for more than 1100 yards.

He's 7th in the NFL in rushing right now, despite having at last 13 fewer attempts than the four players behind him (including guys like MoJo Drew, Frank Gore, and Ray Rice). LDT is on pace for a 1300 yard season as a part time player.

If you don't believe the stats, then watch him play. There's no question that LDT is the NFL Comeback Player of the Year if he can keep up anything like his current production.

If you don't know something, it's all right to go and look at the research and then come back and say, "Wow, I had no idea that LDT was having such an amazing season." Instead, you opted to make yourself look like a complete fool.

Mike Williams is on pace for 64 receptions, 834 yards, and 0 TDs. Here we call those Bryant Johnson numbers.

You're missing the point big tex. LT played last year. he only missed two games and still put up 730 yards and a dozen TD's. BAsed on his averages, had he played all 16 games he would have put up 830 with another TD. Not exactly a horrible season.

Am I arguing that LT is not having an awesome season this year? NO, he's ripping it up, but his little drop in production last year doesn't necessarily make him eligable for comeback player of the year IMO. Now had he sat most of last season with a severed ACL or something, then yeah; engrave the trophy now.... but he didn't exactly "come back" from much of anything. But hey, he's the big name guy playing for the big name Jets, so I guess that's enough for you...

Mike on the other hand has battled internal conflicts, personal demons and overwhelming odds to not only find his place back on an NFL roster, but he is the starter over such established guys as former pro bowlers TJ Housh and Deion Branch. This after being out of the league for TWO YEARS. That's COMEBACK worthy right there, but if he keeps putting up the numbers he put up against the Bears (or even close to) I don't think anyone can touch him. Comeback player OTY is not just a stats award.

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks fans thumping their chests about their illustrious pass rush are also inane. You sacked Jay Cutler a bunch of times? Congratulations! Everyone sacks Mike Martz's QBs a bunch of times. They've given up 27 sacks already this season.

We're thumping our chests about our pass rush because we have 17 on the season and are tied for 6th place overall in sacks.

All these big scawwy Cardinals you keep mentioning have only managed to rack up an yawn inspiring 8 sacks between them all. Our own Chris Clemons (I know; you don't know who that is) has more than half that by himself.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mike on the other hand has battled internal conflicts, personal demons and overwhelming odds to not only find his place back on an NFL roster, but he is the starter over such established guys as former pro bowlers TJ Housh and Deion Branch. This after being out of the league for TWO YEARS. That's COMEBACK worthy right there, but if he keeps putting up the numbers he put up against the Bears (or even close to) I don't think anyone can touch him. Comeback player OTY is not just a stats award.

My interpretation:
Mike on the other hand had severe IBS because of his evil tacos and pizzas constantly tempting him for TWO YEARS, but he kicked the bucket (of chicken), dropped the overwhelming poundage, and made it on the seahawks. He doesn't get much coverage on the field because teams know they should be more concerned about TJ and Branch. I think he's the bee's knees! If he gets lucky again like he did in the bears game I think he his a GOD. :D:D

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

You're missing the point big tex. LT played last year. he only missed two games and still put up 730 yards and a dozen TD's. BAsed on his averages, had he played all 16 games he would have put up 830 with another TD. Not exactly a horrible season.

Am I arguing that LT is not having an awesome season this year? NO, he's ripping it up, but his little drop in production last year doesn't necessarily make him eligable for comeback player of the year IMO. Now had he sat most of last season with a severed ACL or something, then yeah; engrave the trophy now.... but he didn't exactly "come back" from much of anything. But hey, he's the big name guy playing for the big name Jets, so I guess that's enough for you...

Internal conflicts: Jumbo Jack or Big Mac?
Personal demons: I assume that he was playing World of Warcraft instead of studying his playbook.
Overwhelming odds: Being a former top 10 draft pick and calling up your former college head coach.

Greg Ellis won the Comeback Player of the Year award after starting 9 games the previous season and starting 10 the next one. LDT came back from the scrap heap after getting cut outright from the team that he gave relevance to for a half decade and becoming one of the top 10 backs in the NFL. And he has respect all around the NFL and plays for one of the top media markets in the NFL (having left another one). If he can continue on that pace, then he's got it won.

A guy who goes from being a zero to being mediocre? Kellen Winslow II would have won a couple of Comeback Player awards by now if that's all it took. Tank Johnson would have won at least one.

They can put this on his plaque: "HE WAS A KEY PART OF THE 21ST RANKED PASSING OFFENSE IN THE NFL."

We're thumping our chests about our pass rush because we have 17 on the season and are tied for 6th place overall in sacks.

All these big scawwy Cardinals you keep mentioning have only managed to rack up an yawn inspiring 8 sacks between them all. Our own Chris Clemons (I know; you don't know who that is) has more than half that by himself.

Well, we haven't played the Chicago Bears, have we? It's wonderful that you've got so many sacks after facing off against four of the worst offensive lines in the NFL in San Diego, Chicago, San Francisco, and St. Louis. Congratulations. See me at the end of the year.

I never said anything about our pass rush. Our pass rush sucks. That's why you don't see me thumping my chest about them. But Darnell Dockett is going to PWN Ben Hamilton. That guy's a chump.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson