Bold and fearless predictions from an unabashed Seahawks fan.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Firstly, let me "set the mood" for this thread... I'm here to talk some smack. But not the knuckle dragging Neanderthal "d'uh, your team sucks" kind of smack. No no, I prefer some fact based x's n o's type smack, laced with some mud slinging and perhaps a veiled comment or two as to your mother's indiscretions. All intended to be in good fun between football and to generate some more interest in the game on sunday.

So if I say something that offends you... don't get your Cardinal print panties in a bunch; it's all in good fun.

OK, here we go. Bold and fearless predictions:

#5: Marshawn Lynch will break 100 yards on the ground on Sunday. Beast Mode is in the house of the Hawk and it's time to rawk. He's been here a few weeks, learned his playbook and had one helluva dress rehersal against D'uh Bears. The real opening act of the Marshawn show will be on Sunday at Qwest.
#5a: Russell Okung is here, he's healthy and as a certain world class DE in Chicago can attest to; he's the real deal. With Beastmode and Okung-fu on board, we continue our climb from the bottom of the rushing yards column on Sunday.

#4: 'Zona gets no sacks on Sunday. None, zip, zilch, nadda, fugheddaboudit. Unlike recent years past, our Oline is healthy, coherent and anchored by a stud LT once again. Arizona ranks near the bottom of the league in sacks and the Hawks are #2 in the league in QB hits allowed and in a 4 way tie for #8 for sacks allowed. Dockett, Porter or whoever The Whiz tries to rush from the backside will be contained and nullified by Mr. Okung.

#3: Mike Williams continues his campaign for comeback player of the year with at least another 8 catches, only this time he adds a score. Your whole D is going to start cheating up to contain the Marshawn/Forsett combo and whan that happens, we start hitting BMW - That's Big Mike Williams for the uninitiated - on the slants and drags over the middle. Our offense is dynamic now *******!

#2: Seahawks get... ummm.... what's a good number..? FIVE sacks. yeah, 5 sounds good. the Hawks have 17 sacks in the books so far this year and your front 4 has given up 19, plus they've allowed a staggering 32 QB hits. You hear about what we did to Cutler? Yeah, it's coming your way now too.
#2b. The list now consists of Frank Gore, Knowshon Moreno, Mike Tolbert, Steven Jackson and now Matt Forte all being held below 75 yards on the ground with the latter being held to a measly 11 yards. Beanie and Hightower don't have the chops to pound the rock against our 1,000lb front 4.

#1: There will be no less than SIX false starts by the Cards, all courtesy of #12 in your program. The beast that is the 12th man knows we have an inexperienced rookie QB coming to town and has been saving their voices all week in anticipation of raining the decibles down upon him. That, coupled with the fact that you came into our house last year, didn't wipe your feet, drank all our beer and smacked our wife on the butt is not forgotten. #12 is out for blood and you don't have Kurt Warner to protect you from the monster this time.

I hear The Whiz and Max Hall say they're not worried about Qwest because Max played there in college. I heard him say that he thinks it'll be "fun". No Max. You don't know what you're in for. This won't be fun for you. The raving lunatics that come out in droves for Seahawks games are nothing like what you saw in school. They are the loudest - and smartest - crowd in the NFL and the very building that is Qwest Field was constructed to not only amplify their fury, but to direct it at the field. ...and the monster knows this Max.... Be afraid.

Bonus Prediction: I predict that the Hawks will win mainly because I want them to because I am a rabid and oft delusional Hawks fan. I believe we can and will win any game we play - especially those played at home - until the scoreboard tells me otherwise. We're off to an awesome start of the Pete Carroll era in Seattle, so hell yeah we're walking with a swagger. it feels good after the Jim Mornon era..... ;)

So, that's my predictions. Now let's bring on the smackalakadingdong!

Go Hawks!

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
"Beanie and Hightower don't have the chops to pound the rock against our 1,000lb front 4."

you do realize that implies an average defensive lineman weight of 250 lbs each --Not very impressive nor intimidating -- you may want to edit to something like 1,400 lbs or so. Just saying

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Well then, that would reverse the trend of the last 4 years.
I think there will be a defensive scheme producing a crushing sack on your glassman QB.
If the Cards don't whack him, he will carve us up.
Good luck to your secondary - we have Breaston and Doucet back and L Fitz will require double coverage.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love the, "I'm not here to talk smack...BUT....our team will get 100 yards on the ground 5 sack, 6 false starts...."

yea...Seattle is so good the Cardinals have OWNED YOU for the past 2 seasons...even whooping you up in your own house.

Last I checked the CARDINALS are in 1st place...and still the NFC West Champions.

your talk is weak and your team is weaker.

I'll take my team on Sunday

I predict that Matt ends up on a stretcher...and I'm not joking. Who's going to block Dockett? Campbell? Your rook tackle is slow off the ball and you have no one up front. Watch how you will run it to start the game...then try a few screen passes (as your coach knows your O line is overmatched) IF the Cards can stop the screen passes....you O isn't going anywhere.

I'm not yelling about our O....I'm on the 'Show me' wait list....but they can still outplay Seattle.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Where does your pass defense rank?? Yea... that's what I thought.... We'll see what Fitz, Breaston and the rest of our WR contingent have to say about all this come Sunday. But I think your secondary might feel a bit scorched behind the ears at the end of the day!!

We handled Beast Mode before, we'll handle Beast Mode again...

Please....put 7 or 8 in the box. Please! It could be a FUN day come Sunday!!!!

:thumbup:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I like the Darnell Dockett v. Ben Hamilton matchup. Darnell Dockett rarely faces off against LTs in any game. I think that Darnell gets a sack in this game.

It's pretty brave predicting that Lynch will gain 100 yards on the ground, but our defense is actually pretty solid against #1 RBs. Steven Jackson only had 81 yards and 3.2 YPC against us and he's twice the back BLUNT MODE is. I'm more worried about Justin Forsett, since #2 RBs are our kryptonite.

sw3j

Reaction score
I just want to thank the board for staying away (mostly) from childish nicknames for players:

"Beast Mode, Okung-fu, BMW, #12 & Jim Mornon" - ugh

Enjoy your "Head Cheerleader" until you face real adversity.

Just like his previous tenures as an NFL coach, he'll be tuned out and lose the team before you know it.

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
@ARZCardinals. Go back and read the intro line of my post again. Go slowly, sound out the words if you have to. I said that I'm here to talk some smack. I said that because I intended to talk smack, which can be corroborated by the smack that followed. Try to keep up big fella.

@Football Karma. The average of our front 4 is skewed by our 250 speed rusher Chris Clemons. The other three dudes are 311, 330 and 320 respectively so... beware of our 1,211lb front 4!

@82CardsGrad. The state of our secondary isn't going to matter much if Max spends most of the afternoon flat on his back staring at the lights.

@justAndy. The Bears couldn't scheme their way to sacks on the Hass-man. Neither could Singletary and the 9'ers. Denver only managed 1. I like our chances againt your guys with shutouts against those D's on our resume.

Back @AZRCardinals. You're the smart one of the bunch, arentcha? Do you REALLY think the Seahawks are the same team that you beat the last few years? We have completely overhauled our coaching staff, front office and made over 200 transactions to assemble the team that's playing so well right now. YOUR team has lost it's heart and soul with Kurt Warner finally heading out to pasture. History has absolutely no bearing on this game. NONE..... other than the fact that #12 is pissed off.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
I love the, "I'm not here to talk smack...BUT....our team will get 100 yards on the ground 5 sack, 6 false starts...."
Actually, he stated that he WAS here to talk smack. Friendly smack talk if you will, but still, he did state that was his intention. Learn2read.

yea...Seattle is so good the Cardinals have OWNED YOU for the past 2 seasons...even whooping you up in your own house.
Comparing past seasons to this one is apples and oranges friend. Seahawks are a vastly different team, as well as the Cardinals. I could list every reason the teams have changed, but ill stick to the main ones. Pete Carrol, Jeremy Bates, 218ish roster moves (hard to keep track), Marshawn Lynch, Okung, Earl Thomas, NO Kurt Warner, NO Rolle, Max Lawl(Hall)

And just for the record, did you forget that the Seahawks RAN this division for 5-6 years before we let you guys have a chance at it?

Last I checked the CARDINALS are in 1st place...and still the NFC West Champions.

The Cardinals are TIED for 1st place. And correction, LAST year you were the NFC West Champions, you could still claim that title in the offseason, but the NFL started again. You are no longer the champs. You have to earn it now.

your talk is weak and your team is weaker.
Right back atcha.

I'll take my team on Sunday
Ditto.

I predict that Matt ends up on a stretcher...and I'm not joking. Who's going to block Dockett? Campbell? Your rook tackle is slow off the ball and you have no one up front.

Wait, let's get this clear. You are asking who is gonna block the guys on your team that have 1 sack each respectively? You realize our 37 year old Strong Safety Lawyer Milloy has the same amount of sacks as both of Arizona's DE's combined? And Okung is definitely a slug off the line, that's why Julius Peppers ripped him apart last week. Oh wait....

Dockett and Campbell are nowhere near as skilled as Peppers, and he was dealt with last week. Do your research before trash talking.

Watch how you will run it to start the game...then try a few screen passes (as your coach knows your O line is overmatched) IF the Cards can stop the screen passes....you O isn't going anywhere.
Since I don't yet have 20 posts on this site, I can't link you to the page, but look up the drive of the week on NFL.com. Then watch how many screen passes we through. Watch how "outmatched" our O line was. Please get a clue.

I'm not yelling about our O....I'm on the 'Show me' wait list....but they can still outplay Seattle.

Hook me up with whatever the heck you are smokin. The offense that scored 0 touchdowns, fumbled the ball 4 times, and threw an interception, is going to outplay a probowl/superbowl vet at home? Wow. Just wow.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
Where does your pass defense rank?? Yea... that's what I thought.... We'll see what Fitz, Breaston and the rest of our WR contingent have to say about all this come Sunday. But I think your secondary might feel a bit scorched behind the ears at the end of the day!!

We handled Beast Mode before, we'll handle Beast Mode again...

Please....put 7 or 8 in the box. Please! It could be a FUN day come Sunday!!!!

:thumbup:

I'll eat crow if you will.

Your rookie QB is coming into hostile territory, in the cold, wind and rain(check the forecast), and you think hes gonna have a dominant day because receivers that he has yet to have time to mesh with just came back from injury? Interesting point of view.

To be honest, if the weather is as bad as they say it is, there probably won't be too much "scorching" going on, on either side of the ball. Might turn into a running game. Then you will get your wish and see 8 in the box. Need I remind you that your rush D is 29th(somewhere around this rank) in the NFL? Ours is 2nd in the NFL.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
@82CardsGrad. The state of our secondary isn't going to matter much if Max spends most of the afternoon flat on his back staring at the lights.

LMAO... Well, we tend to think that Max has a few more functional brain cells than Cutler. Along with Fitz and crew - a WR contingent that Cutler doesn't have at his disposal - the odds are stacked against your SeaHags for sure...

Again, PLEASE, PLEASE stack the box!!! It could very well make for a fun Sunday!!!

;)

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'll eat crow if you will.

Your rookie QB is coming into hostile territory, in the cold, wind and rain(check the forecast), and you think hes gonna have a dominant day because receivers that he has yet to have time to mesh with just came back from injury? Interesting point of view.

To be honest, if the weather is as bad as they say it is, there probably won't be too much "scorching" going on, on either side of the ball. Might turn into a running game. Then you will get your wish and see 8 in the box. Need I remind you that your rush D is 29th(somewhere around this rank) in the NFL? Ours is 2nd in the NFL.

Never said Max will have a "dominant day". I am saying that if you guys are going to stack the box (which I REALLY, REALLY hope you do), Max, Fitz, Breaston, Williams, Patrick and our coaches are smart enough & capable enough to beat that scheme more often than not.

Now, if the weather is horrible (rain and mid-50's isn't horrible, particularly if there is no wind), that's a different story and any game can be impacted by weather... It could then turn into a ground battle. And again, we've handled Lynch in the past quite well. He doesn't scare us at all. I'll take Beanie and Hightower over Lynch and Forsett all day long....

As always, Turnovers will be key. In bad weather, this will really be an issue... Whichever team, regardless of every other point we debate, wins the Turnover battle will be victorious.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
they are calling for winds around 30mph ....... if that holds true both teams may want to avoid floating some ducks out there as both teams feature guys that can grab and go on defense

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
I just want to thank the board for staying away (mostly) from childish nicknames for players:

"Beast Mode, Okung-fu, BMW, #12 & Jim Mornon" - ugh

Enjoy your "Head Cheerleader" until you face real adversity.

Just like his previous tenures as an NFL coach, he'll be tuned out and lose the team before you know it.

Wow, you are so well informed. Did you know his previous tenures he actually had a winning record? Including a playoff win? And he was handed teams on the decline, and still pulled winning records out of them.

And please, don't pretend Whiz is some amazing coach. Let's see how he does now that HE is facing adversity.

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
Never said Max will have a "dominant day". I am saying that if you guys are going to stack the box (which I REALLY, REALLY hope you do), Max, Fitz, Breaston, Williams, Patrick and our coaches are smart enough & capable enough to beat that scheme more often than not.

Now, if the weather is horrible (rain and mid-50's isn't horrible, particularly if there is no wind), that's a different story and any game can be impacted by weather... It could then turn into a ground battle. And again, we've handled Lynch in the past quite well. He doesn't scare us at all. I'll take Beanie and Hightower over Lynch and Forsett all day long....

As always, Turnovers will be key. In bad weather, this will really be an issue... Whichever team, regardless of every other point we debate, wins the Turnover battle will be victorious.

Why on earth would we stack the box? our front 4 has done an incredible job of stopping the run on their own. If weather is going to be a factor - which the forecast says it will be (rain rain rain my friends from the desert) - I'll take the vet who cut his teeth in Green Bay and Seattle over the green as grass rookie any day of the week and twice on Sunday. ;)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#5: Marshawn Lynch will break 100 yards on the ground on Sunday.
I say he gets close, but doesn't break the century mark.

#4: 'Zona gets no sacks on Sunday. None, zip, zilch, nadda, fugheddaboudit.
As previously noted, Dockett's match-up is pretty favorable. I think the Cards come away with at least 1, very possibly more. Okung looks good--I'll give you that; but he's young. Our DL is pretty good, and Porter knows a lot of tricks.

#3: Mike Williams continues his campaign for comeback player of the year with at least another 8 catches, only this time he adds a score.
eh, maybe. But if he's got 8 catches, that tells me that Lynch won't have 100 yards. It means that the hawks are having to pass a lot and that means they're not sitting on a lead.

#2: Seahawks get... ummm.... what's a good number..? FIVE sacks. yeah, 5 sounds good.
Very well could be a low number. But I think Beanie is going to have a very good day.

#1: There will be no less than SIX false starts by the Cards, all courtesy of #12 in your program.
I don't underestimate that stadium, but I know we'll likely go with a lot of quick counts and probably not a lot of audibles. I think the cards will gameplan for the noise with a rookie QB and try to mitigate it. I'd put the over/under at 4.5.

Look for a very heavy dose of Beanie Wells and Timmy Hightower. I know the rest of the league doesn't know much about either, but they're both very physical runners.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I find all the "smack talk" this week pretty hilarious.

The Chickens win a road game and suddenly all the fans feel the need to come here and convince us how awesome their team is and how we should be scared.

It sounds more like they are trying to convince themselves.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find all the "smack talk" this week pretty hilarious.

The Chickens win a road game and suddenly all the fans feel the need to come here and convince us how awesome their team is and how we should be scared.

It sounds more like they are trying to convince themselves.
Seriously.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're the smart one of the bunch, arentcha? Do you REALLY think the Seahawks are the same team that you beat the last few years?

Of course you're not the same team. The simple fact that you and so many of your smack talking brethren have crawled out of their hiding places tells us this. In your favor, you picked the right time to puff up your chest and blow.

We're clearly a struggling team right now (stats wise, you could make the case that we're the worst team in the NFL) and you guys just enjoyed your first road win of consequence in quite some time. Speaking of road wins, prior to Chicago when was the last time you guys had a road win out of division (2007?)? Enjoy your moment in the sun, it doesn't happen often in Seattle.

Steve

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Why on earth would we stack the box?

You keep harping about putting Max on his back... You had 7 & 8 in the box against the Bears virtually the entire game.
I would assume that since you guys have such little respect for Hall (which is warranted), that you would do all you can to entirely take away our run game and force Max to beat you. Personally, I like Max's chances of doing just that!

our front 4 has done an incredible job of stopping the run on their own. If weather is going to be a factor - which the forecast says it will be (rain rain rain my friends from the desert) - I'll take the vet who cut his teeth in Green Bay and Seattle over the green as grass rookie any day of the week and twice on Sunday. ;)

From what I have read and seen, your "success" on stopping the run has actually come more from placing more guys up at the line and running a bunch of run-blitzes... hardly a statement about your front 4 being "incredible"...
Anyway - 30MPH winds can force this into a ground game and a battle of turnovers. So again, if this type of weather does pan out, the team with the least amount of turnovers will be victorious....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard