This place rules

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Like you all didn't already know that. Truth is I was a little afraid to post in here with fans that have been doing it for years together. I have found nothing but kindness here, and people that challenge my views and opinions on the team. I enjoy it all, plus you can be a fly on the wall when a good debate can be found. I learned a lot about this place in a short crazy Cardinal month. Not just about the Cards.

This. : seems to me when people agree on a post and type "this" its a show of respect and can further elaborate.

:stick:took me a minute, until some one explained it in a thread. I have used the stick man to reverse a post I didn't want to see happen. (you know what I mean)

One of my favorite things about this posse is the old school SDS stories, its like the Greatful Dead shows, if you weren't there, you can't fake it.

I still don't know what the raccoon thumbs up one is officially used for.

There was a good song back in the day, "You can get with this, or you can get with that." was the hook. Since every one here types "this" when they agree, I plan to type "that" when I disagree. :D Its just a nicer way to say no way in my world. ;)

Thanks yall,
Dawg

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
This

The funny thing is, these seem like "hard times"...Fire the QB, Fire the Coach, and yet, it's nothing new. We are Cardinal fans, we've been through worse than this.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This

The funny thing is, these seem like "hard times"...Fire the QB, Fire the Coach, and yet, it's nothing new. We are Cardinal fans, we've been through worse than this.

Thanks bro, I some how think it might be easy to spot you in a crowd. I will have the beer ready. :)

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
yea

It's funny, I take stuff very personal sometimes, and were all aiming at the same winning Cardinal? whats up with that?

Lets remember the memorial Daze

Buddy Ryan walking off as Larry Centers was diggin down for more mere inches, Mcginnis, Bugel, Gene stallings, DG,

Punter Tom Tupa takes over for QB,
Jeff Blake, Boomer, Tim Rosenbach, tiny hands Krieg, King, on an on,

Billy bob Cyrus after the preseason Bears game at SDS, AHGGG I stayed and It was horrible

Monday Night Meltdown

Giants Patriots SB! defeated the undefeated !

NFCE battles, Giants, Redskins, Cowtools

I remember well before an NFL Team came to AZ when LA had a team! The handshake, renigg, Mesa vote, start of a stadium, flight plan, Pima sadium proposal,

the first time the fireworks went off on a cardinals score at SDS, remember them booms across the desert

We are blessed by the Cardinals - win, lose or draw. prior to them it was the suns or the Salt River! I still love the River.

This

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some times there are a few poster's who become thinned skinned when questioned or disagreed with. But when I post, I like to think we are sitting at a bar having a beer and debating out teams plight.

Therefore I really never get offended if somebody comes back with a " your crazy" rebutal.That's okay. I don't take it personal. It's just further evidence of the passion we all share.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Throw me a *****'n bone people. :)
Whats up with the raccoon.
Poster arthurracoon - he started posting on ASFN when still in high school. He quickly became the master of post count padding by responding to many threads and posts with nothing more than a "thumbs up" :thumbup:smilie or other emoticons.

Someone created the :raccoon:racoon because of arthur.

Personally, I use it to indicate a greater than regular thumbs up; and two racoons is an acknowledgement of an outstanding post. But I am pretty certain that other posters have other interpretations of it's usage.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poster arthurracoon - he started posting on ASFN when still in high school. He quickly became the master of post count padding by responding to many threads and posts with nothing more than a "thumbs up" :thumbup:smilie or other emoticons.

Personally, I use it to indicate a greater than regular thumbs up; and two racoons is an acknowledgement of an outstanding post. But I am pretty certain that other posters have other interpretations of it's usage.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2317523&postcount=9

:D

:raccoon: :raccoon:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While arthur was known for post-padding...the original :thumbup: was linked more closely with another poster: azdad1978. He was often referred to simply as :thumbup:

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A poster on here who goes by arthurraccoon: http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/member.php?u=466 would post all the time using this :thumbup: But wouldn't say a whole lot. He would just use this :thumbup: and nothing else.

It was actually kind of ridiculous yet comical. So the mods/administrators got him his own smiley to use IE this :raccoon:

Clear now?

Thank you kind sir. :raccoon: I feel enlightened. I owe you a beer. Thx

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just read the new stuff after my last post. :raccoon::raccoon:
I will only use the raccoon when its really nice.

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score
Like you all didn't already know that. Truth is I was a little afraid to post in here with fans that have been doing it for years together. I have found nothing but kindness here, and people that challenge my views and opinions on the team. I enjoy it all, plus you can be a fly on the wall when a good debate can be found. I learned a lot about this place in a short crazy Cardinal month. Not just about the Cards.

This. : seems to me when people agree on a post and type "this" its a show of respect and can further elaborate.

:stick:took me a minute, until some one explained it in a thread. I have used the stick man to reverse a post I didn't want to see happen. (you know what I mean)

One of my favorite things about this posse is the old school SDS stories, its like the Greatful Dead shows, if you weren't there, you can't fake it.

I still don't know what the raccoon thumbs up one is officially used for.

There was a good song back in the day, "You can get with this, or you can get with that." was the hook. Since every one here types "this" when they agree, I plan to type "that" when I disagree. :D Its just a nicer way to say no way in my world. ;)

Thanks yall,
Dawg

This needed to be said. I lurked for a long while before i finally started posting here. I was worried I would be considered a know nothing Brit (which obviously I am ;)) but when i saw England on tour was posting it was obvious you accepted any old riff raff :) and I jumped in and have enjoyed visiting ever since
I visit other boards as well but IMO this is by far and away the best

GO CARDS

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post! I do liken ASFN to our Official Cardinals Bar...all friends, all like to yell at each other, but at the end of the day we all raise one in cheers to the Cards and each other.

And though you are "the new guy" it doesn't really matter. We are all "Nooooorm!" here.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post! I do liken ASFN to our Official Cardinals Bar...all friends, all like to yell at each other, but at the end of the day we all raise one in cheers to the Cards and each other.

And though you are "the new guy" it doesn't really matter. We are all "Nooooorm!" here.
:raccoon:

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score

This.