Say Man.. Who Here..

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp... I was 4 in 1988 but I do have a picture from my 4th bday wearing a Phoenix Cardinals shirt :) I wasnt as hardcore as I am now, but I'm hope rockin' that t-shirt counts for something!!! :D

Hey Katie.. I wore a Phoenix Cardinals hat in HS in 91.. got ridiculed for it. That was at the Aikman/Emmit/Irivin peak.. still got that hat.. F the cowboys..

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup Yup. Since as early as I can remember being alive. Early 60's. Charley Johnson, Sonny Randle days.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I loved watching Lomax, Green, stump and the gang before they moved to Phoenix but didn't become a hardcore fan until they made the move. I still have the ticket stub to the first game I went to at SDS. Check out the price

Attachments

• 05-16-2005 12;48;23PM.JPG
    05-16-2005 12;48;23PM.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 142

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I was 7 when they came to the Valley. Dad took me to my first Cards game that year. Cant remember who the opponent was and unfortunately my dad has since passed on, but I can remember being on his shoulders watching the action.

I still show up to UofP stadium with old school attire every once in a while to make sure everyone knows where this team came from and how far it has escalated since. I got mad props a few weeks ago for wearing the #59 Seth Joyner jersey with the throw back hat to match.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not so long ago, but 1996 here. I remember marveling at Eric Swann and Aeneas Williams when I was young. Made the drive from Colorado to Sun Devil Stadium to burn my butt on those bleacher seats in Sept.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a Cards fan since or before 1988.. Say Yup Yup! I dont wanna hear from none yall that jump on in the past few years ya suckers.. You would get worked..

Sorry no, was in DC area then and Brighteyes was still a rabid skins fan.

Cardinals came after we moved here in the mid 90's but spent many a day baking at SDS until we got under the overhang

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm a third generation Cardinal fan dating back to 1981. My grandfather used to be a regular at Comiskey Park, and I picked up the addiction as soon as I was old enough to understand sports.

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
Since '88...my first Cardinals game was Lomax's last vs. the Giants. Still think Tom Tupa could've been our QOF if we just had given the man a chance! :)

Since then I've suffered through Rosenbach, Gelbaugh, Boomer, McMahon, Burlein (sp, whatever), that dude whose name I cannot remember (weird name), Plummer, Blake, did I miss anyone? Oh yeah, Stoney Case -- at least he gets the all name award!

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Since 84/85. I was only 10 and didnt quite understand the whole franchise moving deal at the time.

It was deffo no later than 85 becasue i made a wodden box in woodwork at school (you might call this 'Shop'...although my only ref point to this is Anthony Michael Hall in Breakfast Club :lol: ) with the Cards logo carved onto the top of it and its got my name and class written in pencil on it which I should have removed before varnishing it....i didnt!

The box was made to the size of my NFL Pannini stickers of which i managed to collect 6 Neil Lomax's, happy days :D

Last edited:

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Yup,Yup! Since '68 been diehard Card fan. One prayer answered last year (out of the blue) Cards make it to the Super Bowl. Now one more prayer before I die, win it!!!!!!!

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
Had tickets since day one also had Wrangler and Outlaw tickets. There were lawsuits over who was allowed to buy season tickets to the Cards.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Cardinal fan since 1988, they announced the move while I was a Sophomore in HS and began play during my Junior year. I'd never been to an NFL game before then but I listened to more games on the radio than I actually attended that year...no money no car.

I still have the inaugural season poster, some of the cards they used to give away with loaves of Holsum bread and a Phoenix Cardinals pennant.

I remember the last game of the season against Green Bay I sat next to Steve Kerr.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Became a die hard fan in 1972 when they were 4-9-1. Jim Hart was just getting to see some starting time. Mel Gray, Jackie Smith, Mark Arneson and Johnny Roland were my favorites.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yup, yup. I was born in '77 in St. Louis, so even though I was still young when they left, I still followed them as much as the baseball Cardinals. And still do.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I started rooting for the Cardinals in 1964, after my beloved St. Louis Cardinals beat the Yankees in game 7 of the WS. Growing up in Syracuse, NY, I learned to fight at a young age as all my buddies were Giants & Yankee fans. Jackie Smith was my favorite player & they had some decent teams in the 60's & 70's. Bobby Joe Conrad, Ernie McMillian, Sonny Randle, Charley Johnson, Larry Wilson, Pat Fischer, Jim Bakken & Johnny Roland were great players in those early years. The 70's brought Jim Hart, John Gilliam, Mel Gray, Roger Wehrli, MacArthur Lane, Dan Dierdorf, Conrad Dobler, Tom Banks, JV Cain, Terry Metcalf. The 80's ushered in O J Anderson, Roy Green, Neil Lomax, Stump Mitchell, E J Junior, Luis Sharpe. It's a shame that our talent level started to dwindle dramataically as we moved to AZ. But the early AZ days still included such greats as Tim McDonald, J T Smith, Ken Harvey, Eric Hill, Freddie Joe Nunn, Eric Swann, & of course the GREAT Aeneas Williams. In my lifetime, the top 10 Cardinals in no particular order:

Larry Fitzgerald
O J Anderson
Jackie Smith
Larry Wilson
Roy Green
Aeneas Wiilliams
Kurt Warner
Roger Wehrli
Jim Hart
Dan Dierdorf

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I was 10 when the Cards moved to the Valley. Became a fan after pop took me to the 9ers game - we sat in the endzone, and it seemed like every score was right in front of us. We edged out the 9ers in a last second TD, 24-23, and the stadium went nuts.

Good times, man. Moved away from the Valley, but my heart is always with the Cards - good times or bad. As soon as I was old enough, went to at least 1 game a year. Baked my A$$ off at SDS for the home opener many a time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn