Say Man.. Who Here..

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
1988. The year that I switched my loyalties from Boston teams to Arizona. It was the Cards move that prompted that.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Been a Cards fan since or before 1988.. Say Yup Yup! I dont wanna hear from none yall that jump on in the past few years ya suckers.. You would get worked..

1963.Sonny Randle was my favorite Cardinal.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Been down since '91 when I permanately moved here from Des Moines IA when I was about 12 years old. A family friend took me to my 1st ever NFL game at SDS that year against the Falcons. I rememeber I could hardly sleep the night before I was so damn excited.

This was smack dab in the middle of the "2 Legit 2 Quit" hype the Falcons had going on and MC Hammer was actually on the Falcons sideline for that game. I remember walking into the stadium pretty much in amazement and trying to take everything in at once. The vibrant colors of the field, unis, and even the goalposts just really popped compared to watching on TV of course and that 1st impression has always stuck with me for some reason. Then to be so damn close to guys I only knew from TV and collecting football cards was a huge thrill. Deion Sanders, Andre Rison, Aundray Bruce, Brian Jordan, Johnny Johnson, Eric Swann, Tim McDonald, Randall Thrill Hill, Ken Harvey, ect. I was in heaven.

We sat in the SEZ and I just remember sitting there and watching all these guys that were hammered cursing out and flipping off the Falcons players especially Deion (who was one of my favorites at the time) whenever he would go back to field a punt. One guy held up a "Deion is a PEON" sign that I just thought was the coolest thing ever. Anyway I didn't go into the game rooting for the Cards (or the Falcons) but sitting there in the SEZ in the midst of the crazyness and excitement I just got completely caught up in it. By the time the 4th qtr rolled around I was on pins and needles along with everyone else hoping the Tom Tupa led Cards could hold on to a tiny 3 pt lead. They did, one of only a few wins that year, and I was hooked for life. There have certainly been more bad days than good days in the past 18+ years the Cards have had my heart but I have never once looked back. I still have that ticket stub buried somewhere. Like they say, you never forget your 1st time!

Great thread! It's cool to read everyone's story and see how so many different folks can be united by one common cause. Cheers!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked the Cards as my team back in high school in the '60s mainly because almost everyone was a Crowboy fan and I didn't want to be like them. Chose the Cards for a couple reasons, stupid, but my reasons none the less.

Loved the bird on the helmet and loved the name John David Crow, also had a g/f named Jackie Smith. Practically life long addiction

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup yup!

Since 1988. Visited AZ that summer and joined in the excitement. I was 16 or 17, I think. Didn't make it to a game til my early to mid 20s, but I pimped my Phoenix Cardinals t-shirts regularly in Jersey. I actually still have the Phoenix Cardinals glasses that Mobil was giving out that summer. :)

The Cardinals are actually probably mainly responsible for me moving to the Valley.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yup yup!

Since 1988. Visited AZ that summer and joined in the excitement. I was 16 or 17, I think. Didn't make it to a game til my early to mid 20s, but I pimped my Phoenix Cardinals t-shirts regularly in Jersey. I actually still have the Phoenix Cardinals glasses that Mobil was giving out that summer. :)

The Cardinals are actually probably mainly responsible for me moving to the Valley.

I tell people about you all the time here in Austin. How the Cards and their fans are so great that someone actually moved to the Valley from Jersey just for Cardinals games. Takes some of the heat off of me for having season tix to the Cards games and living in Texas. :D

You definitely should win one of those most die-hard fan contests.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I've told this story before, but I've been a "Cardinal" fan since I was old enough to follow and understand football (8-9 years old). My high school mascot was the Cardinals, and when I reached 10th grade, I was PROUD to finally put on the Cardinal Red & White! Our uniforms always matched the NFL Cardinal uni's... When I was in 10th grade (1980), I had the great fortune of playing alongside Steve Young... Steve was our starting QB...

Well, I moved to AZ in 2001 and of course, immediately scooped up season tickets. After enduring Jets/Giants ticket prices, the Cards seats were a steal!

So..... maybe not an Arizona Cardinal fan for as long as so many others here, but I've been connected to the "Cardinals" virtually my entire life!!!

You must be registered for see images

EDIT: My nephew plays on the team now... here are a couple of shots from their BIG Thanksgiving Day game! Not sure I like these new uni's, though the helmet works!

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
been a fan since the Terry Metcalf days. I never did make it out SDS though but this is the 1st year i haven't been out to U of P and that may change come playoff time.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
been a fan since the Terry Metcalf days. I never did make it out SDS though but this is the 1st year i haven't been out to U of P and that may change come playoff time.

I would have thought for sure Beanie would have had you out to Glendale.

Hey, you should buy my playoff tix. The guy that sits two rows behind me is a former Ohio State Football player and regular Derminators tailgater. On second thought you guys would miss the entire game griping about Tressel.

:D

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
So..... maybe not an Arizona Cardinal fan for as long as so many others here, but I've been connected to the "Cardinals" virtually my entire life!!!

EDIT: My nephew plays on the team now... here are a couple of shots from their BIG Thanksgiving Day game! Not sure I like these new uni's, though the helmet works!

My HS Mascot was also the Cardinals and our school actually produce two NFL Cardinals: Johnny Johnson and Femi Ayanbadejo.

Thier current unis are quite similar to the above, minus the updated logo:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My HS Mascot was also the Cardinals and our school actually produce two NFL Cardinals: Johnny Johnson and Femi Ayanbadejo.

Thier current unis are quite similar to the above, minus the updated logo:

You must be registered for see images attach

VERY COOL LIAC!!!

:thumbup:

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
First game was 96 against the Skins. Dad was a die hard skins fan and I was wearing a theisman jersey. Yea flame me for it. At halftime I took it off, threw it at my dad and said "buy me a Cards shirt" Shoulda seen the pain in his eyes, his only son, at his first football game, pissing on the team he loves to this day. WEll long story short he bought me a shirt, and my life has been the most wonderfull hell ever after that day.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I would have thought for sure Beanie would have had you out to Glendale.

Hey, you should buy my playoff tix. The guy that sits two rows behind me is a former Ohio State Football player and regular Derminators tailgater. On second thought you guys would miss the entire game griping about Tressel.

:D
I may take you up on that ticket offer depending on when they play. We love Tressel and his "punts are the most important play on offense" philosophy.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1993, Gary Clark, Randal Hill, Ronald Moore. Those were the goold ol' days. I remember working 16 hours a week in high school to get the Starter Arizona Cardinals jacket I saw in Dick's one night. Still have that jacket, it's pretty sick. Don't know why but Ken Harvey was my favorite player on D. I remember the time thinking I was the only Cards' fan in the world east of Missouri...

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
38 years old and got to go to one Cards game as a kid growing up in St Louis. Couldn't tell the year or even who played for the Cards then. I just remember the white on white unis and the gawd-awful astroturf in the old Busch. We probably lost.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My first game was in 1976 against Baltimore Colts at the old Busch Stadium in St. Louis. I was 11 at the time but had been watching Cards football since the age of 8.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I've been a fan since 97' when I moved to Phoenix for college. I hung out with a few of you guys at SDS.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Been with the Cards since the minute they loaded up the trucks in St Louis.

I still have 2-3 Phoenix Cardinals shirts.. I never got any crap for wearing them.. just pity mostly.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
1993, Gary Clark, Randal Hill, Ronald Moore. Those were the goold ol' days. I remember working 16 hours a week in high school to get the Starter Arizona Cardinals jacket I saw in Dick's one night. Still have that jacket, it's pretty sick. Don't know why but Ken Harvey was my favorite player on D. I remember the time thinking I was the only Cards' fan in the world east of Missouri...

Ken Harvey played High School ball here in Austin. At Lanier HS.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
I could be one of if not the newest fan here. Started following the Cardinals in 2005 when I moved to AZ from Cali. Started attending games when Cardinals moved to UofP stadium. Previously, I was a Chargers fan.