Breaking Bad (AMC)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is going to blow people away. New AMC show - don't want to say too much about it because I went in blind, but holy crap... probably... no... it's the best pilot I've ever seen.

What's it about? A high school chemistry teacher finds out he's got terminal cancer and decides to change the rest of his life... sounds cliche, right? Well, that's all you're gonna get from me and it's all you should know about the show - avoid previews - just watch it when it starts.

Not sure when that'll be, but it'll probably be after Mad Men ends.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
tried to find it and was unable to...are they repeating the pilot?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I hope this show is good and all, but damn, just how bad has AMC completely lost its focus. American MOVIE CLASSICS. I mean, after all, they've pretty much lost the CLASSICS part of it. Now the MOVIE is getting tossed out as well.

We need more venues for classic American cinema, not less. Its hard enough to watch the old time Hollywood classics on cable as it is.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tried to find it and was unable to...are they repeating the pilot?

it doesn't start for a couple months. I got an early screener from Sony because we're doing a show for them also.

trust me - i'll give everyone a heads up on when this starts - it's just sick.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this show is good and all, but damn, just how bad has AMC completely lost its focus. American MOVIE CLASSICS. I mean, after all, they've pretty much lost the CLASSICS part of it. Now the MOVIE is getting tossed out as well.

We need more venues for classic American cinema, not less. Its hard enough to watch the old time Hollywood classics on cable as it is.

eh, they butcher the movies they show anyway. Believe me, with all the CRAP on network TV, Cable's move toward hour-long programming is a god-send and this show is awesome. at least the pilot was.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
THAT I can agree with. I just wish it wasn't an AMC deal.

AMC hasn't been "American Movie Classics" for years now. They've been American Movie Channel for at least 2 years, probably more. They decided to switch their format to a USA Network wannabe. They are absolutely awful.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AMC hasn't been "American Movie Classics" for years now. They've been American Movie Channel for at least 2 years, probably more. They decided to switch their format to a USA Network wannabe. They are absolutely awful.

awful in what regard? their original programing has been pretty damn impressing so far with Mad Men and what I've seen of Breaking Bad. If you're talking just about the way they butcher movies, then yes, they'e awful in that respect without a doubt.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watched the pilot. AMAZING. Writing is fantastic, characters are great. Aside from some the obvious stereotypes, I absolutely loved it. AMC has sucked at movies for years now, but with Mad Men and now this, they are really doing some great work in the hour long format. I HIGHLY recommend checking this out. The show is available in on demnd as well. SUndays at 10 here in the east.

Can we talk about what the show actually is now, CHeese?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the pilot. AMAZING. Writing is fantastic, characters are great. Aside from some the obvious stereotypes, I absolutely loved it. AMC has sucked at movies for years now, but with Mad Men and now this, they are really doing some great work in the hour long format. I HIGHLY recommend checking this out. The show is available in on demnd as well. SUndays at 10 here in the east.

Can we talk about what the show actually is now, CHeese?

I wrote a review about this coming out on my blog in a few hours...and I agree with you, I really loved it. Something different and unique, and Cranston was amazing!

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Hydrofluoric Acid + dead body in bathtub = GREAT TV! This show is awesome.

Yup. That whole scene was one of those "You have got to be f-ing kidding me! They did not just do that!" scenes.

Good show. Twisted, but very good. Cranston is great.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, last episode was hilarious, even driving me to a recap on my blog....

Cranston is awesome, that last night was hilarious...

I’m sorry, what were you asking me? Oh yes. That stupid plastic container I asked you to buy. You see, hydrofluoric acid won’t eat through plastic. It will, however, dissolve metal, rock, glass, ceramic. So, there’s that.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
My only complaint is that the Fire Department should have been able to put 2 and 2 together.

Mysterious fire, wrecked RV, man in underwear acting strange.

Other than that. The show has been great. The 2nd episode was better than the 1st. And the previews look even better.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Another solid episode. I fully expected Cranston to do the exact opposite of what he did. Nice!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Anybody catch the episode last night? WOW! The best yet, IMO. That long scene (you should know what I'm talking about if you've seen it) was stunning.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season finale is on tonight, gonna be interesting. Last week was a hoot.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So at the end, were they shocked and looking at each other because Tooko was perhaps SUPER HIGH on the meth they made with a different chemical process?

Or were they just like...that Tooko is one f-ed up dude?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
So at the end, were they shocked and looking at each other because Tooko was perhaps SUPER HIGH on the meth they made with a different chemical process?

Or were they just like...that Tooko is one f-ed up dude?

His response to the meth wasn't really a surprise. The fact that he likely beat one of his underlings for no apparent reason (other than Tooko is one crazy dude).

Great show. Can't wait to see what happens next season ... if there is a next season

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I ended up downloading episodes 3-4 on iTunes. Great season, but wicked short. 7 episodes...really?

Hopefully future seasons will be a bit longer.

Loose ends for future seasons:
1. Walt's cancer goes into remission and he tries to quit cooking, leaving Tooko - pissed.
2. Sisters shoplifting issues unresolved.
3. DEA agent brother has got to find out at some point, does he let Walt slide?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose