Zach Allen

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1000% agree Aeneas a better CB…. You can’t factor in Dion’s punt returns and kick off returns as part of the equation
If I'm looking at what a CBs job responsibilities are, Aeneas was better. I won't accept otherwise. Aeneas was a plus run defender on the edge. Deion was a liability against the run. Both were comparable in coverage. Deion was faster, Aeneas a better technician.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As we well know, it was far too easy for teams to throw away from Aeneas. The other CB spot was never above mediocre, and a lot of the time, not even that.
Tito Paul...Ty Howard...Tom Knight...yeah he played with some bad running mates.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tito Paul...Ty Howard...Tom Knight...yeah he played with some bad running mates.
Out of those three Tom Knight was the "good" one and he had next to zero ball sense. So many possible INTs and PBU that didn't happen because he could almost never find the ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the only place where Aeneas being better than Prime is a thing.
Yup. Aeneas is my second favorite Cardinal ever but he didn’t impact a defense like Deion did. Aeneas was a very good cover corner. Deion was the best shutdown corner of all time.

I’d take Aeneas over Woodson any day of the way though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Granted it’s over an entire career but I think people forget just how Dominant JJ Watt was for a 5 to 6 year period… He was off the charts dominant for half a decade before his body started to fail him.
I remember. Donald has been doing it just as long, but is somehow more dominant. He really doesn't show any sign of slowing down either.

I included JJ with Reggie White as the only two players that are in the argument IMO.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Aeneas is my second favorite Cardinal ever but he didn’t impact a defense like Deion did. Aeneas was a very good cover corner. Deion was the best shutdown corner of all time.

I’d take Aeneas over Woodson any day of the way though.
Ah man. I loved Aeneas. I used to play Mortal Kombat with Aeneas and Kwame Lassiter when I worked at Fiddlesticks near the Tempe training facility. They used to get so mad that a 17 year old kid would wreck them with Smoke.

Even putting my bias aside, I still think I'd take Woodson.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah man. I loved Aeneas. I used to play Mortal Kombat with Aeneas and Kwame Lassiter when I worked at Fiddlesticks near the Tempe training facility. They used to get so mad that a 17 year old kid would wreck them with Smoke.

Even putting my bias aside, I still think I'd take Woodson.
Any day of the week is probably my Cardinals blood talking re: Woodson v. Aeneas. It’s definitely more of a legit argument than Aeneas v. Primetime.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any day of the week is probably my Cardinals blood talking re: Woodson v. Aeneas. It’s definitely more of a legit argument than Aeneas v. Primetime.
Agreed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He’s a former Cardinal though so I get it.
I watched both play. Deion was an all time great, but so was Aeneas.

At the end of the day we are all arguing who was better, but football is a game where so many factors play a part.

So it's hard to be "right" in this argument.

Just like the Emmitt vs. Barry arguments. You can point to all those snazzy runs and I can point to how much more effective Emmitt was at the goal line.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
1000% agree Aeneas a better CB…. You can’t factor in Dion’s punt returns and kick off returns as part of the equation
I’m talking pure coverage. Aeneas wasn’t that guy. He was absolutely terrific. But he wasn’t Deion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If I'm looking at what a CBs job responsibilities are, Aeneas was better. I won't accept otherwise. Aeneas was a plus run defender on the edge. Deion was a liability against the run. Both were comparable in coverage. Deion was faster, Aeneas a better technician.
No, not comparable. Sorry that’s just false. I loved me some Aeneas. He was the best player for years on dreary teams. But he wasn’t close to Deion on coverage.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I watched both play. Deion was an all time great, but so was Aeneas.

At the end of the day we are all arguing who was better, but football is a game where so many factors play a part.

So it's hard to be "right" in this argument.

Just like the Emmitt vs. Barry arguments. You can point to all those snazzy runs and I can point to how much more effective Emmitt was at the goal line.
that was settled.

one year Emmitt won the rushing title and an interveiwer asked him who was the best RB in the NFL...

Emmitt laughed,..." Barry Sanders no doubt, if Barry had my line he would run for over 2000 yards every season"

straight from his own mouth.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree. Aeneas was phenomenal in coverage. To claim otherwise is ridiculous.
You really love putting words in people’s mouths on purpose just to get a point off that wouldn’t have made sense otherwise, lol.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol nowhere did I state he wasn’t a fantastic cover corner. I just stated he wasn’t comparable to Deion. Which he wasn’t.
There isnt much better than Aenea in coverage. He was complete shutdown. I don't see any room for improvement.

You can say it's because Deion was thrown at less, but that just wasn't the case. Aeneas was rarely thrown at.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You really love putting words in people’s mouths on purpose just to get a point off that wouldn’t have made sense otherwise, lol.
And you just like to be rude and argumentative. You're like following me around this forum being a jerk to anything I say.

My point is how much better can a shutdown corner be? That's my point. Aeneas would entirely shutdown his target all year long. Both Deion and Aeneas did. Not a measureable difference there. Both get an A+. But I guess you guys are arguing Deion gets a A+++.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA