Zach Allen

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
With the financial decisions the Cardinals will need to make, yes, but that is his FA year so you will have to pay him for one year of production if he does well. I don't know how much you can count on Hudson and Pugh as good as they are. Especially if the season is not a great one (record/injuries). Unfortunately, that leaves some very big holes. Maybe Ford and Hernandez can work out at G. They are vets, they are physical, and hopefully they both get some run this season to confirm they work. The difficult part is that both are FAs so you are going to have to pay them decent money. Smith and Harlow likely battle for the C spot which is a bit scary.

You also have Zach Allen, Watt, Byron Murphy, and they will probably need to extend Brown to create cap space as he is a 13 mil hit and you want him under contract for 2024 when you have to make a decision about Hopkins.
I am actually intrigued by our Oline prospects....

Hump, Ford, Price, Hernandez, Jones could be really good..and three road graders in the middle should/could greatly improve our short yardage.
of course... Hump, Ford, Smith, Hernandez, Jones is more likely.... Billy Price has an attitude...helps him on the field... but not so much in the locker room

guys like Ford, Hernandez, Price...are a gamble... they each have loads of unrealized talent and are young-ish ... Im sure the staff is hoping we are the "right situation: for them,..if so it could pay off big... a decent gamble to take I think.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No he wasn't. He didn't tackle just like everyone complains about Pat P about.
Prime Time was a game changer in every facet.

The dude won games on defense, on offense,...and on special teams.

and no, he didnt deliver bone jarring hits... but he held his man until help arrived, or dragged them OOB.... the guy had over 500 recorded tackles in his career.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prime Time was a game changer in every facet.

The dude won games on defense, on offense,...and on special teams.

and no, he didnt deliver bone jarring hits... but he held his man until help arrived, or dragged them OOB.... the guy had over 500 recorded tackles in his career.
That doesn't make him the best defensive player of all time...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No he wasn't. He didn't tackle just like everyone complains about Pat P about. This is coming from someone who wanted to be Deion when I played CB.
The list of defensive players on par with Aaron Donald is pretty damn short. It's hard to compare DBs/Safeties to front seven, so I won't.

1. Lawrence Taylor
2. Reggie White

That's about it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That doesn't make him the best defensive player of all time...
a few years back a bunch of nfl guys worked on this. They voted Sanders as the greatest football player of all time.

"football" kinda includes defense.

you are suffering from recency bias.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a few years back a bunch of nfl guys worked on this. They voted Sanders as the greatest football player of all time.

"football" kinda includes defense.

you are suffering from recency bias.
Well that list must be as definitive as K9s...

I'm not suffering from recency bias. I followed Deion's career from pretty much the beginning.

Besides, any list that doesn't have Brady as the GOAT is already suspect.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pure coverage? Naw, I still think Aeneas was better.

Rod Woodson is probably better overall because he was a MONSTER in run support too.

Deion was a nonfactor to liability against the run.
Nah, I'm talking overall.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
in so many ways I agree.

I loved watching Aeneas wear michael irvins jersey through his entire route...dude was a beast
Deion was probably the best pure coverage guy of his era, but it was mostly due to his freakish recovery speed.

Aeneas had good physical tools, and elite technique.

Rod Woodson had a bit of both, but was a monster against the run, so he was probably the overall best of that era.

Most overrated? Darrell Green. Good CB, but not on the same level of Deion, Aeneas, and Rod.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am actually intrigued by our Oline prospects....

Hump, Ford, Price, Hernandez, Jones could be really good..and three road graders in the middle should/could greatly improve our short yardage.
of course... Hump, Ford, Smith, Hernandez, Jones is more likely.... Billy Price has an attitude...helps him on the field... but not so much in the locker room

guys like Ford, Hernandez, Price...are a gamble... they each have loads of unrealized talent and are young-ish ... Im sure the staff is hoping we are the "right situation: for them,..if so it could pay off big... a decent gamble to take I think.
Billy Price couldn’t make it on bad Cincy & Vegas OLines.

Says a lot.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deion Sanders isn’t on the level of Aaron Donald as a football player.

Only 2 defensive players at best are.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pure coverage? Naw, I still think Aeneas was better.

Rod Woodson is probably better overall because he was a MONSTER in run support too.

Deion was a nonfactor to liability against the run.
In his prime rod woodson was just a beast

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Granted it’s over an entire career but I think people forget just how Dominant JJ Watt was for a 5 to 6 year period… He was off the charts dominant for half a decade before his body started to fail him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you factor special teams, sure.

Deion was Petersonesque in run support though.

1000% agree Aeneas a better CB…. You can’t factor in Dion’s punt returns and kick off returns as part of the equation